• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Calf injury

El Guepardo

Rafael Van Der Vaart
Over the past few weeks, I've had repeated problems with tightness in the right calf. The calf feels tight and hurts for prolonged periods of time, recovers and then returns to the hurting state; this latest relapse happened when I was asleep!!

This morning, I can barely reach to my shins, when attempting to touch my toes! Something is wrong with the calf but I have no idea what. I thought it was muscle strain but I'm starting to fear that its worse than that.

Anyone have any ideas? Should I, as I'm starting to think, go to the doctor?

Ideas?

Hop everywhere with your left?

If it's causing you that much trouble see someone about it. Likely they'll just refer you to a physio, but it doesn't hurt to get it checked out.

Over the past few weeks, I've had repeated problems with tightness in the right calf. The calf feels tight and hurts for prolonged periods of time, recovers and then returns to the hurting state; this latest relapse happened when I was asleep!!

This morning, I can barely reach to my shins, when attempting to touch my toes! Something is wrong with the calf but I have no idea what. I thought it was muscle strain but I'm starting to fear that its worse than that.

Anyone have any ideas? Should I, as I'm starting to think, go to the doctor?

Make sure your salt intake matches whatever you are exercising out via sweating. Sounds to me also like you need re-alignment, that you might be a bit 'off' and that your body is being forced to compensate in some senses, leaving your calf consistently slightly over-stretched. Are you exercising a lot?

How old are you? It is an 'old man's' injury. I hurt mine playing five a side last year. It's true, you really do feel it pop. It was like a ballon going offf inside my calf. I was in agony andf it took about two months to be fully recovered. I think Crawley could be on the money with his comments though.

I'm 33 now, never really had problems with the calf until one Sunday when I was out running and it went.

I'm competing in regular 10k competitions. When I say competing, I mean running them really as my times of circa 50 minutes won't win any races but I enjoy the challenge.

Back