• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

C**t

i would never dream of the using the word clam and anyone that uses the word clam is a clam

im offended

reported

A female friend of my dropped the C-Bomb on Facebook the other day. I couldn't believe it. Ubiquitous alright!

This is going to be a dull place once Scara gets Google Ads back up and running. I still can't believe the only filter word at the moment is C*ck!

This word sounds best in a southern accent! Northerners say "coont" which just sounds silly... Gotta be a proper south/southeast "CAAANT" otherwise the effect or power behind the word is lost.

Also Americans just don't sound right saying the word... It doesn't suit their accent at all

I find it funny how the use of the word "taco" is seemingly ok, yet "clam" is not... But both words mean the same thing. Strange world we live in

The think is, in our generation it has lost it's power.

I would tell my mate to 'stop being a soppy clam' or sommat like that. I mean no offence by it.

But to certain people it's a real no no, you need to be aware of who's around you.

I wouldn't say it in front of my Mum for instance.

Maybe it's because fudge has no power these days?

All that said, people who swear literally every other word do my head in! My mate at work is a paddy, puts 'fudgein' at the start of every sentence!

This word sounds best in a southern accent! Northerners say "coont" which just sounds silly... Gotta be a proper south/southeast "CAAANT" otherwise the effect or power behind the word is lost.

Also Americans just don't sound right saying the word... It doesn't suit their accent at all

I find it funny how the use of the word "taco" is seemingly ok, yet "clam" is not... But both words mean the same thing. Strange world we live in

Not in a slanderous way they don't, one is someone that a bit of an idiot/plonker, the other is a nasty individual who is stabbing people in the backs.

Yep, taco is nowhere near clam.

I know they are both words for female genitalia, but in modern parlence they aren't

The think is, in our generation it has lost it's power.

I would tell my mate to 'stop being a soppy clam' or sommat like that. I mean no offence by it.

But to certain people it's a real no no, you need to be aware of who's around you.

I wouldn't say it in front of my Mum for instance.

Maybe it's because fudge has no power these days?

All that said, people who swear literally every other word do my head in! My mate at work is a paddy, puts 'fudgein' at the start of every sentence!

If you use it when three parts tinkled even as a joke it can come across wrong, maybe to the extent where you even change your user name. :oops::oops::oops:

Yea we southerners have it nailed. Being born and raised in Kent, my use of the word (or 'caaaaaannnntttttt') is pretty good.

I think you'll find "arse" is just behind pussy...

ok fine I like arses

Its funny cos i witnessed a 'disagreement today' where two OAPs were insulting each other because one happened to stare at the other guy for talking loudly on the telephone. Both of them were swearing at each other hammer and tongs and then one shouted you clam - that word prompted someone to just stand up and tell him 'not to be rude now' I mean they were insulting each other using every word under the sun (except the clam word) for 15 mins or so and the word clam was the last straw.

I disagree with this. I've heard a lot of southerners say it and it sounded wrong for some, whereas a lot have said it and sounded right. Working class accents get it better.

I use the word quite often. Never called someone it outright, usually with a prefix, like "You mad c**t" or "you daft c**t". A lad I used to live with cottoned onto me using it a lot and picked it up in his vocabulary. He's from Middlesbrough and it sounded plain wrong. Nasty. Irritating. Made two syllables out of the word, emphasised it too much

Congratulations Leeds, on starting 3 threads on the front page of random with 'clam' in the title.

Back