• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Building from the back

What we need to do is to stop losing games, and to stop conceding soft goals, especially as we know that Everton will target our right back. So yes, a flat back four is essential. We need to regain some solidity and become "hard to beat". I would take a draw against Everton for sure.

I disagree. We're spurs and we build from the front. We need to play with as much width as possible, as individually our players should be as skilful or more than most opponents. By being wide, we will set up more 1v1 situations where we can leverage our skill advantage more often. I think we want correct footed wingers, and we want to be simple in our ideas. Get it to the byline, and cut it back. Counter with pace, and when opponents are sitting back, have one of our tricky players in the middle to make something happen for us. We have Lennon and Chadli for the right, and Townsend/Lamela for the left. Play Eriksen deep, and Dembele to hold alongside him, and kane in a second striker role.

Not actually sure why things are so complicated at the moment.

bit early for these advanced tactics, we should start with the basics, what that round white thing is for, how to kick it in the vague direction of a teammate, not falling over, remembering to breathe

We can'T build from the back, our defence is terrible, both individually and collectively.

Building from the back is only feasible if you firstly have ok defenders, and secondly a midfield to shield them. We don't have a midfield. The space Stoke exploited proves this. We wliterally go into games without a central midfield and all our supposed central midfielders are shiit. Put Mason and Capoue in chelsea's team instead of Fabregas and Matic and they'll start shipping too.

We also can't build as an attacking unit: we have strikers who are either inexperienced, dont score, or dont give a fuuck. We have attacking midfielers who are so painfully average any half decent team snuffs them out. We also don'T have central midfielders capable of moving the ball into dangerous areas in the attacking third.

Nope, I have no idea where we go from here. But what I do know is there are plenty more Stoke/WBA/Saudi Sportswashing Machine performances and results on the horizon.

We're in danger of going into free fall, and unlike the Ramos season a quick change of manager wont rescue us - the squad is fuucked. I also don'T see us adding in January and solving the problem - our transfer activity suggests we'll go out and sign a Capoue or Fazio. Since AVB came in nearly every signing has been shiit.

We can'T build from the back, our defence is terrible, both individually and collectively.

Building from the back is only feasible if you firstly have ok defenders, and secondly a midfield to shield them. We don't have a midfield. The space Stoke exploited proves this. We wliterally go into games without a central midfield and all our supposed central midfielders are shiit. Put Mason and Capoue in chelsea's team instead of Fabregas and Matic and they'll start shipping too.

We also can't build as an attacking unit: we have strikers who are either inexperienced, dont score, or dont give a fuuck. We have attacking midfielers who are so painfully average any half decent team snuffs them out. We also don'T have central midfielders capable of moving the ball into dangerous areas in the attacking third.

Nope, I have no idea where we go from here. But what I do know is there are plenty more Stoke/WBA/Saudi Sportswashing Machine performances and results on the horizon.

We're in danger of going into free fall, and unlike the Ramos season a quick change of manager wont rescue us - the squad is fuucked. I also don'T see us adding in January and solving the problem - our transfer activity suggests we'll go out and sign a Capoue or Fazio. Since AVB came in nearly every signing has been shiit.

We could play 5 at the back and order them all to stay back ;)
Actually we only have 2 half decent centre halfs adding a third would just balls everything up.
Actuall

Back