• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

BT snap up foreign tv rights...

markysimmo

Johnny nice-tits
BT has signed rights deals with international football leagues including Italy’s Serie A, France’s La Ligue 1 and Major League Soccer in the US as it prepares to launch its sports channe in 2013/2014

Just basically taking what ESPN currently have

BT has signed rights deals with international football leagues including Italy’s Serie A, France’s La Ligue 1 and Major League Soccer in the US as it prepares to launch its sports channe in 2013/2014

BskyB must be quaking in their boots. In an age where people have to seriously consider whether to pay for Sky Sports or not, BT would have to offer something phenomenal to make people take on another subscription

As long as they don't take the Bundesliga then I'm happy.

Sorry for lack of knowledge here, but does this mean ESPN have lost their Prem rights?

Am about to switch to Virgin Media Tv and was looking forward to this :-k

Yes I think so. Sky retained most of the packages (5 of 7?) but BT bought a couple. perhaps better ones than the one ESPN had before.

They have also announced that NBC have bought PL rights for the US, paying three times what Fox did before. That must be a huge challenge to Fox and ESPN in the American sports market. I wasn't aware of any NBC cable sports channels or pay channels when I was there (a while back now) so I wonder what they plan.

Is it just tv or can they offer the same matches streamed online? The moment you can start buying matches online is the moment tv channels start dying.

As for NBC, they showed the Olympics on delay. It's a joke of a network.

Sorry for lack of knowledge here, but does this mean ESPN have lost their Prem rights?

Am about to switch to Virgin Media Tv and was looking forward to this :-k
I've just switched from Sky to VM. Whilst I was with Sky I had to pay an extra tenner for ESPN, now with VM it's included within a much cheaper overall bundle (saving about £35 on my previous set-up) that includes 100% free landline calls, 40mb speed going up to 60mb internet plus HD on all channels which i didn't have previously with Sky plus other extras like TiVo and cheaper mobile calls. So if I end up losing ESPN and having to pay for BT for their footy, provided the additional sub is not too hefty I'm still quids in.

Back