• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bryan Gil

That's what I'm saying, I agree with you guys. Just because Gil is going back to play in Spain doesn't mean his development will stall. The guy needs to be playing games week in, week out. Sure, a PL loan would've been the ideal situation but I think this is good for Gil, just as I think it's good to bring Danjuma in, who despite being from La Liga, doesn't mean he's garbage.

Playing for Spurs, on the other hand... :D

My bad. Misunderstood your post.

DRaJca4W0AIF_i6.jpg

Danjuma seems a decent enough player but I think Gil has a lot more potential and I'd much rather we developed him. Seems like a lopsided transfer policy dismissing someone because they need to put a bit of muscle on (which is easily done).

Danjuma seems a decent enough player but I think Gil has a lot more potential and I'd much rather we developed him. Seems like a lopsided transfer policy dismissing someone because they need to put a bit of muscle on (which is easily done).

Who has told you we have temporarily loaned him (not dismissed him) because he needs to put a bit of muscle on?

That's quite an absurd claim even by this place's standards.

I don't like this move because it is nuts but given the lack of a permanent option I guess it's a known suitable place for him to develop.

Just hope he doesn't turn in to one of our GLC / N'dombele permanent loanees in a groundhog day situation whilst the contract steadily runs to an end.

Edit - The oversimplification of seeing a player slight in frame and stating that it's easily done to put some muscle on is a rampant cliche that assumes greater knowledge than that of the medical / physio departments of top level football clubs, if you were joking fair play but if the post was in earnest, good lord man!

Been plenty of fairly lightweight players that have made the move to the PL rather successfully.

Impossible to know what the plan is from the club and him, but I see no reason to make conclusions about it. Half a season back in Spain could do him well.

Having seen him do well in a couple of games here Conte seemingly still doesn't trust him for the short term at least. If we end up not signing another option and keeping Lucas over him that's pretty telling about how Conte thinks about him short term.

That's not to say he can't be a very good player for us in the future though. Either under Conte, but particularly if/when we end up with a different manager. Time may run out for him here before that of course, let's see what happens.

Been plenty of fairly lightweight players that have made the move to the PL rather successfully.

Impossible to know what the plan is from the club and him, but I see no reason to make conclusions about it. Half a season back in Spain could do him well.

Having seen him do well in a couple of games here Conte seemingly still doesn't trust him for the short term at least. If we end up not signing another option and keeping Lucas over him that's pretty telling about how Conte thinks about him short term.

That's not to say he can't be a very good player for us in the future though. Either under Conte, but particularly if/when we end up with a different manager. Time may run out for him here before that of course, let's see what happens.

Conte won't play him, my opinion it has more to do with the fact that it isn't his buy vs. anything else - same boat for Gil, Sarr, Spence.

All of them are young players with good potential, makes sense for us to hold on for another few month until the Conte situation plays itself out.

Who has told you we have temporarily loaned him (not dismissed him) because he needs to put a bit of muscle on?

That's quite an absurd claim even by this place's standards.

I don't like this move because it is nuts but given the lack of a permanent option I guess it's a known suitable place for him to develop.

Just hope he doesn't turn in to one of our GLC / N'dombele permanent loanees in a groundhog day situation whilst the contract steadily runs to an end.

Edit - The oversimplification of seeing a player slight in frame and stating that it's easily done to put some muscle on is a rampant cliche that assumes greater knowledge than that of the medical / physio departments of top level football clubs, if you were joking fair play but if the post was in earnest, good lord man!

I'm not saying that but the general theme seems to be that people think he is talented but can't succeed here because he's too lightweight and would be better suited to Spain.

Personally I think he can make it here and I'd like to of seen him stay and be given more game time.

I'm not saying that but the general theme seems to be that people think he is talented but can't succeed here because he's too lightweight and would be better suited to Spain.

Personally I think he can make it here and I'd like to of seen him stay and be given more game time.

Which part are you not saying? You said what you said in your first post, that is indisputable.

Are you slagging off the "transfer policy" or the generic poster on here (it's easier to argue against a general rhetoric rather than quoting individuals no doubt), or are just chatting nonsense?

Either of the above is fine but at least be honest with yourself! We (Spurs fans) all want Gill to be a success here, if we didn't it wouldn't make sense unless we had some dispute with Bryan that outweighed our personal sensibilities with that which we hold we our rather fine club that we are lucky enough to support.

Which part are you not saying? You said what you said in your first post, that is indisputable.

Are you slagging off the "transfer policy" or the generic poster on here (it's easier to argue against a general rhetoric rather than quoting individuals no doubt), or are just chatting nonsense?

Either of the above is fine but at least be honest with yourself! We (Spurs fans) all want Gill to be a success here, if we didn't it wouldn't make sense unless we had some dispute with Bryan that outweighed our personal sensibilities with that which we hold we our rather fine club that we are lucky enough to support.

I've no idea what you're talking about, there's been lots of comments on here and in the media that he's too lightweight for this league and I'm saying I think he can succeed and needs more game time before that decision can be made.

I've no idea what you're talking about, there's been lots of comments on here and in the media that he's too lightweight for this league and I'm saying I think he can succeed and needs more game time before that decision can be made.

Thanks for trying your bestest to understand, to remind you of what you posted initially and your latest response (which I have just quoted)...

"Seems like a lopsided transfer policy dismissing someone because they need to put a bit of muscle on (which is easily done)."

...would indicate you believe that our transfer policy is guided by what's posted on here as well as the media, if you want to stand by that notion crack on, or just admit that your first post was and is a gross oversimplification and also displays lack of understanding on how our squad shaping decisions are made.

Thanks for trying your bestest to understand, to remind you of what you posted initially and your latest response (which I have just quoted)...

"Seems like a lopsided transfer policy dismissing someone because they need to put a bit of muscle on (which is easily done)."

...would indicate you believe that our transfer policy is guided by what's posted on here as well as the media, if you want to stand by that notion crack on, or just admit that your first post was and is a gross oversimplification and also displays lack of understanding on how our squad shaping decisions are made.

I think you're reaching here and trying to cause an argument in an empty room.

But to bite there's a few stories (no direct quotes) saying Conte doesn't rate him for that reason.

I think you're reaching here and trying to cause an argument in an empty room.

But to bite there's a few stories (no direct quotes) saying Conte doesn't rate him for that reason.

Okay thanks for a typically good intentioned and open minded chat. I hope you've emailed Sevilla's (and our) physio team with your advice on how Gill can bulk up as you must be very knowledgeable on the subject.

Okay thanks for a typically good intentioned and open minded chat. I hope you've emailed Sevilla's (and our) physio team with your advice on how Gill can bulk up as you must be very knowledgeable on the subject.

I think my posts have gone over your head so we'll have to end it here.

To be fair his legs are surprisingly big (and his arms are skinny but ripped):

View attachment 15023

I think Gil plays way more lightweight than Luka ever did.
Fair enough, yet there are a few years between those pictures. Still time for little Gil. Few of us recognized Bale after some time in the Madrid dietary camp either, I seem to recall. We should have loaned him out there instead..!

Back