• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bryan Gil

He's ended up being one of our stranger transfers in recent years, even before the injuries. £21m + Lamela isn’t exactly chump change for a teenager, yet he barely seems to have been given a chance. Guess the change from Nuno to Conte didn’t help. Think he could actually excel in Ange’s system, will be interesting to see if he gets a chance at some point!

It's so obvious it defies belief. Ange seems to have done more for our team spirit in one month than Conte and Mourinho managed to for 4 years or whatever it was.
I'm all aboard the Ange train but comments like this are utter nonsense. Out of curiosity how many times you been at the training ground in recent seasons to gauge the 'team spirit'?

I recall players buzzing when both Jose and Conte turned up and the mood all sounding positive as it often does, especially in pre season. The barometer with team spirit is when the going gets tough, not after a couple of nice little pre season tours. Yes we get it, it's great to have an attacking manager and certainly comes across well and I have high hopes for him.

But he will run into problems throughout the season and things won't be all rosy. Let's see how great everything is then rather than just deciding everything is so much better because the same positive buzzwords are being thrown around by players as they do every pre season.....

I'm all aboard the Ange train but comments like this are utter nonsense. Out of curiosity how many times you been at the training ground in recent seasons to gauge the 'team spirit'?

I recall players buzzing when both Jose and Conte turned up and the mood all sounding positive as it often does, especially in pre season. The barometer with team spirit is when the going gets tough, not after a couple of nice little pre season tours. Yes we get it, it's great to have an attacking manager and certainly comes across well and I have high hopes for him.

But he will run into problems throughout the season and things won't be all rosy. Let's see how great everything is then rather than just deciding everything is so much better because the same positive buzzwords are being thrown around by players as they do every pre season.....

Exactly. And while "inclusive management" sounds great and desirable, how will it play out with such a big squad. He'll either have to cut some lads out, which is the opposite of inclusive, or start rotating like crazy which will bring its own problems.

Ange has a very tough job to keep things together here and players won't start making noise until they're suddenly not starting or getting game time.

Exactly. And while "inclusive management" sounds great and desirable, how will it play out with such a big squad. He'll either have to cut some lads out, which is the opposite of inclusive, or start rotating like crazy which will bring its own problems.

Ange has a very tough job to keep things together here and players won't start making noise until they're suddenly not starting or getting game time.

Not banishing players through short sightedness seems like a plus though. There were undoubtedly times players were on the naughty step and not getting a go, yeh maybe for reasosn only known to the manager, but then those playing were infact dropping their pants a little.

It can't be a bad thing for so many players to come out currently and say positive things about the current atmosphere, even Contes most trusted lietenents were saying how bad it was at the end

I agree he will have his work cut out to whittle the tea down, but much better seeing and accepting that there might be more offering tools that can help than just dismissing out of hand

Not banishing players through short sightedness seems like a plus though. There were undoubtedly times players were on the naughty step and not getting a go, yeh maybe for reasosn only known to the manager, but then those playing were infact dropping their pants a little.

It can't be a bad thing for so many players to come out currently and say positive things about the current atmosphere, even Contes most trusted lietenents were saying how bad it was at the end

I agree he will have his work cut out to whittle the tea down, but much better seeing and accepting that there might be more offering tools that can help than just dismissing out of hand
Well yeah, players always come out at the end of a managers tenure and say there was x,y and z wrong just like players are always coming out at the beginning of a managers tenure and saying how great he is and how refreshing everything is.

Nothing is different here just like there will be nothing different at the end of his tenure.
We get it, he is a different style of manager to Conte etc and is going to be more popular with the fans with the style of football. But let's not pretend that comments from some of the players is anything new for a pre season, because it really isn't....

Careful lads the positivity police are out again
I'm positive about Ange, not really the point is it?

I remember you whinging about Jose as soon as he got appointed - I guess if I had dug out a player quoted as being positive about Jose at that time and said that's evidence that team spirit is now better than under Poch you wouldn't of said anything would youo_O.....

Well yeah, players always come out at the end of a managers tenure and say there was x,y and z wrong just like players are always coming out at the beginning of a managers tenure and saying how great he is and how refreshing everything is.

Nothing is different here just like there will be nothing different at the end of his tenure.
We get it, he is a different style of manager to Conte etc and is going to be more popular with the fans with the style of football. But let's not pretend that comments from some of the players is anything new for a pre season, because it really isn't....

I agree things always start positive and end badly, that's life, some though do come with more both ends, sometimes managers, especially at Spurs are sacked against the grain and players say nothing but great things still.

There is clearly a more inclusive view on playing squad, Ange even had to pull up the press on that in regards to people suggesting some players would not be for him, Lo Celso being one that sticks out from a presser, not sure I've seen that before but could be wrong. I think else have also had people on here debate the rational of him giving too many a chance, so it has to have some credibility to it.

Anyway like you I'm going to enjoy it regardless, why not ey

I am looking forward to seeing IF Ange has managed to change the mentality of certain players ( something we have been lacking in for a while now), however i hope all us supporters give him a chance to do this as it will not be easy. I personally am not expecting for him to do it overnight and their will be times when we may struggle, lets hope all the supporters give him the time to do so.

I'm positive about Ange, not really the point is it?

I remember you whinging about Jose as soon as he got appointed - I guess if I had dug out a player quoted as being positive about Jose at that time and said that's evidence that team spirit is now better than under Poch you wouldn't of said anything would youo_O.....

You're memory is a little bit off there then bud as when Jose was appointed i was looking to the potential positives - namely his track record, the need to prove himself after his reputation had taken a bit of a dent and the the way he spoke about being 'a new Jose' - wasn't until the following season that i started to turn against him (and tbf i went all in on that)

Careful lads the positivity police are out again

It's not the positivity police - just pointing out that there is a cycle here with all managers. Players come out and say how great it is at the start and how much better the new guy is than the old guy. Then players get left out and it's not quite as positive. Then by the end, pretty much everyone has turned. Even Poch had problems with players by the end.

Ange seems a good guy who plays good football. But let's not forget that we've had good guys (Poch) and winners (Conte, Jose) in here and they've ultimately left on a bad note.

Back