• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bryan Gil

Wonder where he fits in now in a 3-4-3, Fighting it out with Son and Moura? Not sure he’s pacy enough for an out and out wide forward?

I really like what I’ve seen from him, just wonder where he fits now as I don’t see him as a wing back.

Wonder where he fits in now in a 3-4-3, Fighting it out with Son and Moura? Not sure he’s pacy enough for an out and out wide forward?

I really like what I’ve seen from him, just wonder where he fits now as I don’t see him as a wing back.

I think he's as pacey as Moura. But why is pace a requirement for all forwards? Conte's front 3 at Chelsea was Lukaku, Hazard and Pedro - where is the pace there?

P.S> No way is he a wingback!

I think he's as pacey as Moura. But why is pace a requirement for all forwards? Conte's front 3 at Chelsea was Lukaku, Hazard and Pedro - where is the pace there?

P.S> No way is he a wingback!
No way he’s pacy! Gil’s got average pace at best, he’s sharp over a short distance but not going to sprint away from anyone, nothing wrong with that, it’s not his stand out attribute.

All of Hazard, Pedro and Lukaku were pacy! Pedro was rapid, Lukaku a powerful runner and I’m not sure anyone watching Hazard at Chelsea would say he’s slow or lacking pace would they?

Last edited:
No way he’s pacy! Gil’s got average pace at best, he’s sharp over a short distance but not going to sprint away from anyone, nothing wrong with that, it’s not his stand out attribute.

All of Hazard, Pedro and Lukaku were pacy! Pedro was rapid, Lukaku a powerful runner and I’m not sure anyone watching Hazard at Chelsea would say he’s slow or lacking pace would they?
You don't have to have pace to play in a front three (although it is very useful). You do need at least one of the following and ideally a combination of 3 or more; pace, dribbling, awareness of space, quick reactions, tight control, vision, finishing ability or strength.

Gil to me looks to have the right control, the dribbling and the vision part down. It remains to be seen how his strength and finishing ability play out.

Yea I don’t want to disappear down a rabbit hole on this, not saying he can’t play in a front 3 just I don’t think it’s ideal and I think he could be more of a David Silva type.

Yea I don’t want to disappear down a rabbit hole on this, not saying he can’t play in a front 3 just I don’t think it’s ideal and I think he could be more of a David Silva type.
At the end of the day if he doesn't score or directly create goals then a place in the front three just isn't going to work.

Like yourself I think a David Silva like role probably suits him, but Silva pre City (and even at City at times) played a variety of positions including the right hand attacker (RWF) at Valencia.

Last edited:
Any news of why he has not been in squads, asked a few fans last night and no one seems to know. Can not remember reading anything saying he is out injured.

Any news of why he has not been in squads, asked a few fans last night and no one seems to know. Can not remember reading anything saying he is out injured.

Was thinking the same last night. My only guess is that he's ill with covid, but we dont want to say publicly given its a health issue rather than injury, or he just hasnt made the cut.

He could be quite useful in the 3-4-2-1 formation and bringing in a Moura-like player who is a bit more creative

Was thinking the same last night. My only guess is that he's ill with covid, but we dont want to say publicly given its a health issue rather than injury, or he just hasnt made the cut.

He could be quite useful in the 3-4-2-1 formation and bringing in a Moura-like player who is a bit more creative

That could be it i guess, Conte said that only Romero and Sess were unable to play because of fitness/injury.

Looks to have good potential whenever he's played as well, had forgotten about him till this thread came up. Shows how little he's played lately.

Or if he is one of he unvaccinated, he would have to isolate if someone with whom he was in close contact tested positive. I don't know if he's been seen in any training pics?

Back