• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bryan Gil

IMO it’s a bit of a myth that Modric was slight. Short, maybe. But look at these legs:

View attachment 16978

I think Gil is unusually lightweight.

Yeah fair point, maybe slight isn't the best word, Modric was short but as discussed had the low centre of gravity and serious strength in the core / legs.

Many times it's been said about Gill that he needs to bulk up / hit the gym but I don't think it's ever that simple. It's not always possible to get jacked like Modric above whilst maintaining pace. As well as the hard work + work on nutrition, genetics have got to be a huge part of it. I'm sure I sure a interview with Adams Traore saying he actually doesn't lift weights, to some it's just naturally there I guess. Peter Crouch could spend a lifetime lifting weights and I bet he'd still have chicken legs and a skinny top half unless he ate 5000 calories a day whilst rinsing the steroids.

That's probably about as much discussion on the physique of blokes I don't know and will never meet I can take in the morning, it's all getting a bit men's health in here but I did start the conversation to be fair!

I'm less worried about his physical stature than his lack of end product. His decision making is bad and he keeps rushing things. Some of it might be down to an eagerness to impress, but I still don't think he's good enough.

I'm less worried about his physical stature than his lack of end product. His decision making is bad and he keeps rushing things. Some of it might be down to an eagerness to impress, but I still don't think he's good enough.
Reminds me of Reguilon. Technically capable but not calm under pressure, just goes a bit crazy under pressure or with possession. Not sure if it's an eagerness or something that will never be fixed. He had plenty of end product at Sevilla on loan 🤷‍♂️

Reminds me of Reguilon. Technically capable but not calm under pressure, just goes a bit crazy under pressure or with possession. Not sure if it's an eagerness or something that will never be fixed. He had plenty of end product at Sevilla on loan 🤷‍♂️

4 goalsand 5 assists in 45 games isn't really plenty.

4 goalsand 5 assists in 45 games isn't really plenty.
Fair, thought it was more than that. But he did turn up in the Europa League final and during their run in that competition. Showed composure when it was required. He's a bit of an enigma I think.

Fair, thought it was more than that. But he did turn up in the Europa League final and during their run in that competition. Showed composure when it was required. He's a bit of an enigma I think.

I don't think it will work out for him with us. Hopefully he gets a good move and has a great career. There's a few others that should go too. There always will be. Not everyone will fit. Wish them the best and move on.

Need to make sure we insert a massive sell-on clause, otherwise I think that could come back to haunt us.

We can probably get more than €6m from Spain for him. His stock is quite high there as he’s done well over there. He just didn’t suit this league.

I like the guy but his problem was that he tried to fight and hold off much bigger players and always lost. He should have just used his technique to draw little fouls consistently. Pretty soon people will back off him a bit.

Anyway we tried, he definitely tried, it didn’t work out. Good luck to him.

(Swap back for the GOAT Lamela)

Back