• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Boxing

How the hell is it that two belts, once unified become 'ununified' anyway? Is it only through retirment and then the assosciations chossing different fights for their titles? Can't see how a unified champion could ever lose one belt but not the other.

The organisation also has to sanction each bout as a title match so sometimes they choose not to so the belts can't be up for grabs. Sometimes they don't make the weight but have the fight anyway so the title can't be on the line etc.

Great win for DeGale tonight, think he can get better and better!

Took his foot off the gas and looked complacent after the knockdown(s).
Could have been a draw, but a big win nonetheless.
Would love to see a rematch with Groves, should be a unification bout, Badou Jack isn't all that great.

De Gale is 2nd tier as is Abraham (though it was a good watch), super middleweight is a bit washed up these days. Ward hasn't fought in ages, Froch about to retire. Kessler has retired.

Wonder if GGG might move up a weight soon.

Wouldn't be stupid at all, he wants to go out with a big fight and this is probably the best available. Trouble is neither are big in the US so not sure it would gain much revenue but good way to bow out. I guess GGG would lose some power going up but seems he has enough anyway and is a bit younger. You'd expect him to beat Froch especially when he hasn't fought for a while but Froch is a tough fighter who can scrap it out.

Wouldn't be stupid at all, he wants to go out with a big fight and this is probably the best available. Trouble is neither are big in the US so not sure it would gain much revenue but good way to bow out. I guess GGG would lose some power going up but seems he has enough anyway and is a bit younger. You'd expect him to beat Froch especially when he hasn't fought for a while but Froch is a tough fighter who can scrap it out.

GGG is improving as a draw in the US since he based himself in LA and is actively campaigning to win Hispanic fans.

Win/lose, Froch would take a lot of big hits/damage from GGG, personally if I was advising him, I'd say leave that fight alone.

GGG is probably going to fight a name (in US) Hispanic fighter next, as most of the bigger names keep avoiding him

I saw Anthony Joshua (albeit briefly) at the O2 on the weekend...what a beast!!! He looks like he could dominate the heavy weight division for years to come. Lee Shelby looked good too, but Anthony Joshua wow, scary!

Last edited:
Needs to be tested though, no one has lasted beyond the 3rd round with him. Needs to step it up a little, he's been fed baby fish all the way till now (Johnson aside). Would like to see him fight Fury soon.

Agreed! But he has the speed, technical skills, power, and tactical nous to be very good indeed. Those facets of his game are without question IMO, it's just that he hasn't met anyone who could test his durability and stamina yet.

In fairness to his management, I thought that the types of fighters that he is fighting now are broadly similar to those faced by Lewis and Fury at the start of their professional careers?

I don't know to be honest, it's hard to get much info about some of the people that up and comers fight early on in their career. I guess when you get to 20 fights roughly is where you start to get a world title shot if you're good. Trouble is I think Klitscho holds all the belts bar WBC but there's a few decent people he could fight, Price, Thompson and Fury would all be good fights.

Want to see what his defence and chin are like, crazy he's only boxed like 30 rounds in all of his fights combined so far.

You never know in boxing, too much talk and not enough action. Logical fight for both of them but boxing rarely works logically.

Maybe he wants to spend some time with Hayden, that's what I'd be doing!

Back