• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bolton ratings

Cudicini 6- Couldnt do much with their goal

Walker 7- Good runs, good defending, can do better going forward but it will come

King- 6 Not troubled

Nelsen 7 Well taken goal, but i wouldnt fancy him in a big league game

Assou ekotto 8 Good going forward

Parker 6 Did his job

Modric 8 Fantastic passing in the first half, bad decisions near the goal

Van der vaart 7 Much fitter than recently, unlucky with the free kick and should have scored

Livermore 7 Nothing exceptionnal but did his job in the the middle and a couple of good touches

Bale 9 Brilliant, back to his best

Adebayor 7 Good hold up play and good passing but awful shooting

Bale 9? Came inside too much again tonight. I swear Adebayor got the ball on the left wing more than Bale did.

Thought Livermore deserves a higher rating than Modric to be honest. Kept the ball really well, put himself about and delivered some sublime balls to the right.

Special mention to Walker once again who is impressing me greatly after a spell of not doing so.

King worried me a bit, was turned pretty easy by Klasnic at one point.

Man you're hard to please Charlie, if some Spurs players got 6's after that performance what would some of the Bolton players get!? I don't think some of them had a touch of the ball lol!

Man you're hard to please Charlie, if some Spurs players got 6's after that performance what would some of the Bolton players get!? I don't think some of them had a touch of the ball lol!

Exacly, if there opposition is poor then you have to adapt the ratings!:)

And 6 is not a bad rating!!

Cudicini 6
Walker 7
Nelsen 7.5
King 7
Ekotto 8
Parker 7
Livermore 7.5
Modric 7.5
Bale 8.5
VdV 7.5
Adebayor 7.5

Defoe 7
Saha 7
Rose 6

Bolton ratings
Cudicini 7 - good commanding of the area, difficult to do much about their goal

Walker 7- Good defending, controlled the right flank by himself and played on whilst carrying an injury

King- 7 - Solid

Nelsen 7 Good goal and some good play

Assou ekotto 8 dominated Miyaichi in attack and defense

Parker 6.5 defensively good but shocking use of the ball

Modric 7 brilliant passes and touch kept us ticking

Van der vaart 7 worked his arse off and kept us ticking alongside mods, lovely playmaking

Livermore 7 won the ball without a fuss, used it well and allowed us to transition attack into defence

Bale 8 - Brilliant play floating around taking their whole team on, us playing 3 in CM made it better for him.

Adebayor 6.5 a bit anonymous today but did nothing wrong in terms of general play.

Cudicini 6
Benny 8
Walker 8
Nelsen 7
King 7
Livermore 9
Modric 7
Parker 7
Bale 8
VDV 7
Adebayor 8

I think criticism of Walker is pretty harsh, he was our sole attacking threat on the right for most of the game. Leaving him to this role meant that Bale was generally kept to the left, where he should be. Final ball from Walker was often disappointing which is where he loses points, but a couple of his crosses were excellent.

cudicini - 7

Walker - 7.5
Nelsen - 7.5
King - 7
Ekotto - 7.5

Parker - 7
Livermore - 7.5
Modric - 7.5

VDV - 7
Ade - 7
Bale - 7.5

Cudicini - 6. Nothing to do, couldn't do anything about their goal.

Ekotto - 8. No problems defensively, some superb play going forward - good turns, great crosses. Immaculate distribution all night, a playmaking LB if ever I saw one...
King - 7. Solid autocruise for Ledley, lost a couple of players though, still not the player of old at the mo.
Nelson - 7.5. A very good goal from Ryan. Thought he was very solid throughout this match. Don't blame him for their goal.
Walker - 7. Non-stop runs from Walker - excellent effort. Loses half a point for weak final ball (easily his biggest flaw) and for completely switching off for their goal.

Bale - 8. Excellent game from Bale. He did roam but to at times devastating effect, but he also did stay on his wing at times and actually attack the fullback. A constant threat, excellent goal, several good shots.
Parker - 7. Defensively superb as usual. Loses half a mark for being quite sloppy going forward... he doesn't have the same technical slickness as our attacking players have and it shows. Should have scored.
Livermore - 8. Really good from Jake. Has the technical slickness that Parker doesn't, plus the athleticism too. All round performance.
Modric - 7.5. Busy, influential, creative. As per usual. A few loose passes here and there, which is unusual.

Adebayor - 7.5. Some amazing holdup play in this game, lots of effort, couple of nice dummies & throughballs. Still pulls out wide A LOT and we sometimes lack a central threat then.
VDV - 7. Pretty solid from Rafa... should have scored also, trademark clever run there. Couple of real world class touches (one where he slid, controlled & dragged the ball back ON THE LINE in particular. Good work ethic. And most incredibly, A GOOD FREE KICK which was really unlucky to hit the bar. Thought his corners were relatively (for us) good tonight also

subs:

JD - 7. Great assist for Bale. Unselfish a couple of others, selfish a couple of other times = classic JD. Involved.
Saha - 7.5. Great goal!
Rose - 6.5. Didn't have too much impact, though one good run led to a good crossing chance which he overhit

Cudicini 7
Walker 7
Nelsen 7
King 6
Assou-Ekotto 7
Parker 6
Livermore 7
v. der Vaart 6
Modrić 6
Bale 8
Adebayor 6

Defoe 7
Saha 7
Rose 6

Cudicini - 6 - little to do - could have done better for their goal

Walker - 7 - got forward well
Nelsen - 7 - crucial goal
King - 7 - solid
BAE - 7 - combined with Modric well

Parker - 6 - off-colour
Livermore - 7 - covered a great distance in the middle
VdV - 6 - little impact
Modric - 7 - tried to keep things ticking

Bale - 7 - well taken goal
Ade - 6.5 - ok

Defoe - 7 - immediate impact
Saha - 7 - great strike

Last edited:
Cudicini - 7, did what he had to do well
Walker - 6, had a really good view of him from my vantage point and he was a bit of a mixed bag. A couple of outstanding defensive contributions, but also some really lax moments.
Nelsen - 7, our MOM. Looked a lot more assured as right centre half than he does left centre half
King - 7, of course it helps when you play alongside the King....
Ekotto - 6, very poor first 20 minutes but picked up after that and played well enough. Infuriatingly lazy when he has to come back from an attacking position though.
VDV 7 -, a disciplined performance which was possibly detrimental to his effectiveness. Good set pieces though. Missed a sitter. Worked his absolute arse off.
Parker - 7, was the lynchpin once again. Defensively superb and kept the ball ticking over in midfield.
Livermore - 6, didn't look out of place at that level
Modric, 7 - Always wanted the ball and played some lovely passes.
Bale, 7 - Our brightest attacking player.
Ade - 6, not a lone striker. Felt a bit sorry for him really as he would've thrived under 4-4-2 but he was pretty much taken off when we switched to it. Played too wide too often and played with his back to goal too much.

Defoe - 7, instantly gave us directness up top.
Rose - 5, Struggled when he came on I thought. Had one great chance to put in a cross and fluffed it.
Saha - 7, quality goal

Redknapp - 7, he is possibly hamstrung by injuries (but also self inflicted by not getting in a right midfield back up for Lennon) but 4-5-1 at home? Especially against Bolton? Not sure about that myself and we played the ball around too much in front of their back line, reducing us to half chance pot shots or relying on set pieces. Switched to 4-4-2 and we instantly looked better and got the goals we needed. Will be interesting to see what he does against Swansea.

Carlo - 6 not much to do, wrong footed for Davies' goal as 99.9% of all keepers would have been.

Walker 7 very active, but end product very erratic fullbacks sure get to do some work with VdV and Bale in inverted roles.
Nelsen 7 Great to see him score.
King 7 Some excellent interceptions, that is what defending should be about.
Ekotto 7 Like Walker

Modric 8 largely flawless. Enjoys playing with 2 defensive midfielders and was so far forward today. Lacked that one or two goals, had chances a plenty.
Parker 6 industrious but makes a lot of mistakes. Passing is off, so is the composure on the ball. Needs a good old rest.
Livermore 8 excellent ! some very good marking jobs and safe on the ball. He clearly overmatched any single Bolton midfielder. I thought we completely won us the game along with Luka, their midfield got hammered on and off the ball.

Bale: 7.5 Was really, really good, and could have been better had he been sharper in the final third. I think he has way more to offer, even.
Ade: 7 Singlehandedly (almost) dragged Knight and Boyata and occasionally Marcos and Ricketts all over the place. He really has good movement, doesn't he ? Wasn't really that dangerous in front of goal but creates brickloads of space for others.
VdV: 7.5 Some workrate today and much better quality than of late. Missed an absolute sitter (well a goalie was in the way) and that's 2 chances in the last game and 2-3 in this game, which the top form Rafa would have converted to 4-5 goals easily. Much better set-pieces, corners and freekicks whipped in higher with a good diving twist mid air. Unlucky not to score on the freekick too.

Defoe: 7 immediate impact and a fine, fine assist for Bale. Should have gotten another at the end but bottled it. Bale furious. Could have scored too. Perfect super-sub for a game of this sort. Looked fired up, really fired up.
Saha: 6.5 very fine strike and some good runs. Only slight concern is, that I'd personally like him and Defoe to work much, much harder harrying and pressing, when they come on with fresh legs this late in games.
Rose: 6 lively but lacked quality. He is another one, who could have given Saha (?) a clear goal with a better cross.

Harry 7: Put out roughly the right team and made the right subs, IMHO. Much better ignition from players this time round. Looking at performance levels we really are in ascention.

Bolton 4: Looks like they could go down. Not better than Wigan and Blackburn by much and clearly worse than Norwich and Swansea. Their defence is too dodgy and only Ricketts looks like a PL defender to me. Perhaps the lack of quality have been blurred by the manager merry-go-round, but Coyle will do well to keep them up. And get a better job.

Cudicini - 6 - The one thing he had to do all game he didn't do very well

Walker - 7
Nelsen - 7.5 - The silver fox
King - 7
BAE - 7.5

VDV - 7
Modric - 8
Parker - 7
Livermore - 7
Bale - 9

Ade - 6

Defoe - 8
Rose - 6
Saha - 7.5

fudge me these ratings seem t harsh, we could have scored more but they hardly had a kick of the ball. Thought we were excellent

Friedel - 7 - Not much to do, couldn't have stopped goal
Walker - 8 - thought he was excellent going forward and defended well
Nelsen - 8.5 - crucial breakthrough and solid at back, he might a vital challenge when King went on a walkabout
King - 7 did Ok some shaky moments
BAE - 8 excellent at both ends
Livermore - 8 all action performance
Parker - 6.5 not his best
Modric - 7.5 some very nice play but also gave the ball away cheaply too much for my liking
Bale - 8.5 very good seems to be coming back in to form always looked a threat
VDV - 8 some sublime moments unlucky not to score
Ade - 7.5 very good holdup play again only thing missing is a goal

Defoe - 7.5 looked lively, too greedy towards the end
Saha - 7.5 great goal
Rose - 6 not involved much

Back