• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Boiler problems

diego_maradona

Steffen Iversen
Staff member
Need to call a plumber out for a boiler issue... typical at this time of year.

Any ideas what this means?? It's not igniting (getting an F.28 error) and the pressure is none. I am a complete dumb dumb with this stuff.

Its a Vaillant 110 Timer Boiler.

photo.jpg

Indeed I have. Tried re-igniting, switching the whole thing off and on. The gas is definitely on.

Bleed the air from the system from the valve (usually underneath the boiler) then bleed the rads. Sounds like you have an air pocket.

If the pressure is zero, you need to top it up to about 1.5 (normally) via the filling loop.

Thanks guys, yea I just managed to grab a hold of a friend who said the same about the pressure. Like I said, I am a complete novice at this, but that didn't look right to me. Cool, I'll look into it when I get home tonight.

Also, while I have your attention, I'm hoping to get a second bathroom installed and a few guys have mentioned getting a megaflo system. Can these be used with an existing combi-boiler? I know it probably doesn't make sense to generally, but as it's already there and it would be cheaper to have to not fit a new boiler, is it possible?

mate i had a similar issue with my newly installed Vaillant over the last few months

f.28 on a vaillant means the boiler is failing to ignite - when you turn it on, do you hear a noise as though the boiler is trying to ignite?
could be a range of issues from the pipes being blocked (so no gas reaching the boiler) (but this is unlikely), and something has broken, like the gas valve or such like.

tbh, im not sure that releasing the pressure (even though your bar is almost zero) will solve the issue as the fault is non ignition
the fault code for the filling pressure going below 0.05bar is f.22 on a vaillant.

but if you have a filling loop on your boiler, give it a go and get some water back in the system.

maybe give vaillant a quick call first - they are not that efficient but you might get some knowledge you can work with

here is a link to the manual btw
http://www.vaillant.co.uk/stepone2/data/downloads/99/42/00/timeSWITCH_110.pdf

Last edited:
mate i had a similar issue with my newly installed Vaillant over the last few months

f.28 on a vaillant means the boiler is failing to ignite - when you turn it on, do you hear a noise as though the boiler is trying to ignite?
could be a range of issues from the pipes being blocked (so no gas reaching the boiler) (but this is unlikely), and something has broken, like the gas valve or such like.

tbh, im not sure that releasing the pressure (even though your bar is almost zero) will solve the issue as the fault is non ignition
the fault code for the filling pressure going below 0.05bar is f.22 on a vaillant.

but if you have a filling loop on your boiler, give it a go and get some water back in the system.

maybe give vaillant a quick call first - they are not that efficient but you might get some knowledge you can work with

here is a link to the manual btw
http://www.vaillant.co.uk/stepone2/data/downloads/99/42/00/timeSWITCH_110.pdf

Thanks for that. I got a gas safe engineer coming out to have a look tonight. Hoping it won't be an expensive fix!

F.28 Appliance does not start: Attempts to ignite during start failed

Faults in the gas supply such as:
- Gas meter or gas pressure detector defective
- Air in gas
- Gas flow pressure too low
- Fire protection tap has disengaged
Faults in the gas valve, wrong gas setting, igniter (ignition transformer,
ignition cable, ignition plug) defective, ionisation current
stopped (cable, electrode), faulty earthing in appliance, electronics
defective

F.22 Dry fire Too little water in the appliance, water pressure sensor defective,
cable to pump or water sensor defective, pump blocked or defective,
pump output too low

Well that was easy. Managed to top up pressure. As Boonie said I just need to bleed rads to work air out the system. Cheers for the help fellas

Back