• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bobby Convey

Okay......another left back - one who we did actually sign - but who was **** and disappeared into obscurity after his short spell with us: Paolo Tramezzani.

Memorably described in an appalling attempt at PR spin by the then Spurs regime as a "virtual free signing"...........having cost £1.4 million (in 1998, when £1.4m was quite a decent sum)!

And I was very pleased, we desperately needed someone to sit and defend our midfield... so anyone like Toda and Mabizela was welcomed with open arms. Bad days.

Mabizela.. Leicester away, about 2003 ish. He scored a blinder at right at the end, was in the crowd, it went mental!

Mabizela.. Leicester away, about 2003 ish. He scored a blinder at right at the end, was in the crowd, it went mental!

Yep. Me too.

Kanoute scored the other and was then taken out by a horrible tackle, iirc.

The disturbing and freakish thing about Leicester's (then) new stadium was how you could feel the terrace underneath your feet swaying as we jumped around after the goals.

Yep. Me too.

Kanoute scored the other and was then taken out by a horrible tackle, iirc.

The disturbing and freakish thing about Leicester's (then) new stadium was how you could feel the terrace underneath your feet swaying as we jumped around after the goals.

yes mate :eek:k:

Absolutely.

But maybe it wouldn't have rankled had they actually based their decision on genuine foresight rather than on a clear bias for one club over another.

If I remember correctly, they have the discretion to allow players with certain talent through even when they don't meet the specific criteria. I thought that was the difference between Howard and Convey.

Ha! Good recall. I'd forgotten about that.

Which reminds me of another left back that we nearly signed before his medical put paid to a deal - Najuan Garayeb from Hapoel Haifa.

Not to mention the close call with John Hartson.

Haha, yes! I remember Garayeb being quite hot at some point. Goddamn, really puts today's team into perspective. We were so incredibly **** back then.

Oh, and, not too long ago (9-10 years or so), all the ITK's were telling us we had pretty much signed these two;

Jan%2520Koller.jpg

14098.jpg

If you're not Scandinavian (and don't do a Google image search) and can name that second player, you should probably spend more time outside of your computer. Awesome player though, used to play for my local club. Was gutted when it turned out we didn't get him, he'd probably do pretty well for us back then, I reckon.

Last edited:
Oh, and, not too long ago (9-10 years or so), all the ITK's were telling us we had pretty much signed these two;

Jan%2520Koller.jpg

14098.jpg

If you're not Scandinavian (and don't do a Google image search) and can name that second player, you should probably spend more time outside of your computer. Awesome player though, used to play for my local club. Was gutted when it turned out we didn't get him, he'd probably do pretty well for us back then, I reckon.

Christian Wilhelmsson? No search required! If I'm correct, does that mean I need to get out more?!!

No idea who the other guy is, though.

Haha, correct! He was ace back in the day. In the Norwegian league, anyway. ;) Jan Koller is the other guy! That brute of a man that used to play for Dortmund and Czech Republic. :)

Back