• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Black Lives Matter

I've heard @Danishfurniturelover say something similar.

Oh i say.

I am writing this from the staff room at work where my 15 year old boss has just nervously asked me to read through a terms of conditions in the workplace. Apparently we all have to do a online test on it next week.

Love working here with the youngsters and even some of the public and B&Q are a lovely company. But GHod this insistence on how to behave, how about just dont be a cnut and if you are a cnut then fcuk off.

I'm 2nd generation immigrant, I also have faced discrimination so was asking for his experience.. That a problem ?

Would you be willing to share your experiences of discrimination here?

I'll go first.
My Wexford-born Mum and my Tehran-born Father getting persistent brick from various corners of society throughout my childhood for being a mixed-race couple. My father being hounded out of his final job by prejudice which helped further his own mental health decline. Being given extra special treatment at some airports as my last name is Iranian. Those are just a few, offered in the spirit of sharing. There were many.

I'd be interested in yours.

Would you be willing to share your experiences of discrimination here?

I'll go first.
My Wexford-born Mum and my Tehran-born Father getting persistent brick from various corners of society throughout my childhood for being a mixed-race couple. My father being hounded out of his final job by prejudice which helped further his own mental health decline. Being given extra special treatment at some airports as my last name is Iranian. Those are just a few, offered in the spirit of sharing. There were many.

I'd be interested in yours.

Im sorry for your experiences, particularly your dad and his mental health because as you know it is an issue close to me.

Not trying to be funny but is your name steff Iranian or your surname is something sounding Iranian?

Im friends with a Lebanese woman stunningly beautiful and an amazing cook, been thinking about killing the wife off actually and going for number 3. Her surname is islam funny enough.

Being called a Paki. Being attacked for being a Paki in a majority white school. Having people not sit next to you on a packed train. Having an Airbnb refused with my name but when applied as Dave they said yes.

I could go on and on about my experiences. And I have not let them turn me in to a person filled with hate. That would be them winning. That would be me on a road to radicalisation.

Thanks for starting this @thfcsteff

Im sorry for your experiences, particularly your dad and his mental health because as you know it is an issue close to me.

Not trying to be funny but is your name steff Iranian or your surname is something sounding Iranian?

Im friends with a Lebanese woman stunningly beautiful and an amazing cook, been thinking about killing the wife off actually and going for number 3. Her surname is islam funny enough.

Just convert to Islam, and you can keep both. Would go for being a Sufi personally. They’re on the more esoteric interesting side of Islam into love, peace, tolerance.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Last edited:
I have always maintained that natural contact is key. Not enforced integration but natural. Meeting people and just overcoming your fears of the unknown.
Not poo pooing education, but we get taught stuff at school that we mostly forget for example, but integration is far more important imo. I was lucky to have 3 'by chance' avenues growing up where 'incidental' integration exposed me to other ethnic groups. It helps, not just to form your own views but to shake off any childhood conditioning that the 'adults' may have furnished you with.

Being called a Paki. Being attacked for being a Paki in a majority white school. Having people not sit next to you on a packed train. Having an Airbnb refused with my name but when applied as Dave they said yes.

I could go on and on about my experiences. And I have not let them turn me in to a person filled with hate. That would be them winning. That would be me on a road to radicalisation.

Thanks for starting this @thfcsteff

Thank you for sharing. I have had exactly the same experiences. Plus the ones I have mentioned previously in this thread, plus countless others that would require me to have the time to write down, plus trying to remember other instances that I have passed off as 'just how it is'. To then be told they are 'anecdotal' and 'individual' despite the same experience shared by almost every single person of colour in the UK, shows just how insidious and institutionalised this subject matter is.

Like you, I am not hateful towards anyone and I am grateful for the opportunities that I have been afforded for simply being born in the UK. I am surrounded by, and see in society vastly more good people than bad. If the world was truly as an intolerant and hateful place as we can be fed or allow ourselves to believe, our species would have wiped itself out generations ago. However, this doesn't mean oppression of any kind doesn't exist on a large-scale in these times simply because I haven't experienced it myself. And it must be called out irrespective of how uncomfortable it makes people feel.

My most memorable moments are:

1) Queing up for a club in Essex, and being told by some blokes behind me they'll kick the brick out of me inside for being a p*ki (they didn't, but was quite upsetting to stay in the queue with friends or just walk off angry and give them the pleasure of seeing me go). Was pretty much too scared to go to the toilet in the club that night in case they were there, try doing that with several vodkas in you

2) Wearing an England shirt to the pub at University as England vs Turkey, halfway through the game the locals are singing "I'd rather be a p*ki than a Turk" - and one of the blokes coming up to me with "you should take that as a compliment". That's me, in an England shirt, surrounded by people singing that. And people wonder why i no longer give two bricks about international football?

Similar experiences for myself...

My mum is Indo-Caribbean and I recall back in 1980s how she’d have to take her English friends along to estate agents when she wanted to view a house in a nicer area, as they’d invariably tell her such properties were now off the market and try to fob her off with something in a rundown estate if she told them her very un-English name over the phone.

Kids at primary school asking whether p@kis like me did white bricks, as their brick is same colour as my skin.

On several occasions when queueing up to get into local nightclubs as a teenager some skinhead doorman would decide my attire wasn’t appropriate, even though they’d just let a few of my white mates who are dressed similarly in. Thankfully my drinking buddies (if they weren’t too plastered anyway) would check that this hadn’t happened before paying entrance fee and leave with me to go elsewhere when it did.

Similar experiences for myself...

My mum is Indo-Caribbean and I recall back in 1980s how she’d have to take her English friends along to estate agents when she wanted to view a house in a nicer area, as they’d invariably tell her such properties were now off the market and try to fob her off with something in a rundown estate if she told them her very un-English name over the phone.

Kids at primary school asking whether p@kis like me did white bricks, as their brick is same colour as my skin.

On several occasions when queueing up to get into local nightclubs as a teenager some skinhead doorman would decide my attire wasn’t appropriate, even though they’d just let a few of my white mates who are dressed similarly in. Thankfully my drinking buddies (if they weren’t too plastered anyway) would check that this hadn’t happened before paying entrance fee and leave with me to go elsewhere when it did.

Estate agents are snobbery scumbags.
Wife and i got caught out when the house chain we were in collapsed meaning we had to rent between selling and buying. Combined income was enough for a £4000k mortgage, they were trying to put us in one room (not one bedroom, one room ffs) rental. All because I turned up straight from work looking scruffy.

Wife and i got caught out when the house chain we were in collapsed meaning we had to rent between selling and buying. Combined income was enough for a £4000k mortgage, they were trying to put us in one room (not one bedroom, one room ffs) rental. All because I turned up straight from work looking scruffy.

You seen Pretty Woman, you know where they refuse to serve her because the way she's dressed?

Basically, i am embarking on my car search, and i absolutely will turn up looking scruffy. On purpose. I'm serious about buying, so let's see how they treat me in my trackies.

You seen Pretty Woman, you know where they refuse to serve her because the way she's dressed?

Basically, i am embarking on my car search, and i absolutely will turn up looking scruffy. On purpose. I'm serious about buying, so let's see how they treat me in my trackies.
Good.

Yeah they are a bunch of tacos!

Although I'd also have been dubious about showing you a £4m property if you showed up dressed like this :p

0_Rab-C-Nesbitt.jpg

I am still waiting for Wiziwig to share. I asked in the spirit of interest and shared in the spirit of doing as one asks others to do.

My suspicion is he has blocked me.
Perhaps someone else can invite him to elaborate?

Does it matter if you are related to a migrant, if I am too, or if I'm English, does it affect our legitimacy?

I put it to you that if you can't simply outline your position, and for it to make sense, then you are probably not as cogent as you believe.

Judging a person by the pigmentation of their skin is tempting, all humans classify and stereotype, it is what we do to simplify a complex world. So we have to guard against pre-judgments; and people who discriminate by race. Which you have on here. That is very different thing to questioning migration.

Thought this was interesting, the guy understanding himself and the roots of his beliefs https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p08h16fj

For most people it matters in such a debate, just look at the subsequent posts...Nothing sinister on my part, I just wanted to see a little more of what you're about and that’s why, I asked..

You'd like to see me outline my position but you reveal nothing about yourself other than to let me know that I'm a mean nasty person and that you're some modern day Witchfinder General of sorts..

My position is clear, has been for a few years on this forum, ever since I read posts by a few regulars on here, that it's okay to shower people who have a differing political viewpoint, with feaces & urine and to physically attack them ...One regular who still posts now, even stated that he looked forward to the extinction of the white race. He got no flak for it but civil debate in response to his wickedness and yeah I'm the racist?

I joined the forum to chat football and nothing else but the amount of leftist BS on here, I'd never seen on any other Spurs forum and I could not stay silent ..

Despite our differing views politically I always had a respect for you, how you tenaciously fought your corner in the Brexit debates, even though at times you bored me to tears with your, it's all about the GDP.. I respected you because you stood your ground, until it dawned on you that is, that Corbyn and that silly Liberal woman who seriously thought she could become PM, fudged up any opposition to Johnson at the general election..Ever since that election day defeat you've become grumpy and seem to have made a habit of misrepresenting posters, which it has to be said is a pretty common theme on here..

My position is clear and has been during my time on this forum... I love my children, that does not mean I hate other children. I'm willing to plant the seeds to the tree, knowing that I will not benefit from its shade like my descendants will..

The duty of government is to help create an environment of safety to it's citizens, not to fight needless wars and to then open up the borders to people from those very same war torn areas that we have created...Many of these people will hold grievances to the UK citizenry and be holding vastly differing views culturally so much so that I cannot see how this particular melting pot can succeed... For me, it all points to a coming authoritarianism that I don't believe our European ancestors gave their lives for....

IMO this multiculturalism that we're experiencing is nothing but a ruling class con trick and I have never, ever seen, evidence given of it's success by anyone, including yourself.

If you deem me hateful for having these views then so be it.

Back