• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Biggest club in the world?

Who is the biggest club in world football?

• Total voters
United for me, they are a juggernaut, the interest they hold around the world is incredible, the only club who come close is Madrid.

Real is the biggest club easily.

Manu did a better job of marketing for a few years (especially to far east), but Madrid caught back up.

Barca has gotten a lot of media coverage with the Messi era and the recent successes, but still behind the top 2.

Honest question.. but why are Madrid considered soo much bigger than Barca?

I've only really followed since the days of the galacticos... Ronaldo, Zidane, Figo era but it's been much more Barca over the last few years and I'm sure most young-uns today would easily say Barca were the bigger of the two if they didn't know any better because of what they've won in recent years and the way the world's media worships their style of play.

Are Madrid still well ahead in titles or were they just around long before Barca etc? What makes them so much of a clear winner in this debate?

Honest question.. but why are Madrid considered soo much bigger than Barca?

I've only really followed since the days of the galacticos... Ronaldo, Zidane, Figo era but it's been much more Barca over the last few years and I'm sure most young-uns today would easily say Barca were the bigger of the two if they didn't know any better because of what they've won in recent years and the way the world's media worships their style of play.

Are Madrid still well ahead in titles or were they just around long before Barca etc? What makes them so much of a clear winner in this debate?

Madrid is still ahead on trophies, especially in CL

It's also a global brand thing. Think Pool, not recently successful, but as a global brand probably still 2nd amongst English Clubs.

Madrid is massive global brand.

Real became the biggest because of Puskas, Di Stefano and five European Cups. No one has caught up. As the biggest and richest team they could always attract foreign players, especially from South America, which widened their appeal. United's global appeal has grown during the PL but has reached parity at best. Barcelona have made great strides since Cruyff's overhaul but its still too early to say if they are Madrid's equals or just a great team now.

If I had to go from the date Sky Sports invented football it would be Man U.

If I had to go from when football was actually invented it would be Real Madrid. 9 European Cups. Can't really argue with that.

Madrid is still ahead on trophies, especially in CL

It's also a global brand thing. Think Pool, not recently successful, but as a global brand probably still 2nd amongst English Clubs.

Madrid is massive global brand.

To be honest I wouldn't be suprised if Chelsea had now overtaken Liverpool.

Back