• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Best sites for booking Holidays

edgey-the-yid

Gheorge Popescu
Been a while now since I been away, what with havin our boy this yr and movin in with the misses the yr before.
Finally have a bit of money put away and I got almost 3 weeks off in July (a big deal at my place as the block holiday system is pretty brick), so we wanna book an all inclusive family holiday. Nothing too expensive... Wanna budget around the 1500 mark for 7 days 2 adults 2 kids (one 10 the other 1). Got 400 quid in savings for a deposit but most want 600+ with the rest paid off by April which is tight plus I cant do 600 till next month makin it tighter.

Does anyone know any reliable bargain holiday sites? Lookin at 7 days flight from Stansted all inclusive to somewhere like Spain. Seen some with waterparks on the complex... Thatd be ideal.

Cheers guys

Thomson to Turkey mate, is pretty good. I would tell you to go to Icmeler near Marmaris. Guaranteed hot weather. Locals are so friendly, but you do get hassled to come into restaurants but its all ok really. Plus entertainment is good.
All inclusive though then Thomas Cook.

You can't go wrong with all inclusive for family holidays, First Choice are now AI and a lot of their complexes have water parks. Probably will be doing a low deposit offer in Jan too.

Look for Splashworld in their brochure.

Last edited:
directline holidays we used to get our package deals through that, with a kid i think this is best if you have young children you can choose from all inclusive to half board or just bed and breakfast

we dont do these holidays ourselves anymore but that is not because the is anything wrong with them just circumstances change

Im not a big fan of package holidays - maybe except for the Caribbean's or something but thats really about it

Im not a big fan of package holidays - maybe except for the Caribbean's or something but thats really about it

well young the wrong age for them and you don't have a child because for that you would need to keep a woman for more then a night hahhahaha no im just kidding mate, when you knock a bird up and have a kid you will know they are quite handy. That said we go away every year to latvia so we don't do them either anymore. Was going to try for a week sharm in the february half term for me and the missus and the lad.

well young the wrong age for them and you don't have a child because for that you would need to keep a woman for more then a night hahhahaha no im just kidding mate, when you knock a bird up and have a kid you will know they are quite handy. That said we go away every year to latvia so we don't do them either anymore. Was going to try for a week sharm in the february half term for me and the missus and the lad.

Don go to Egypt whats your fudgein problem? Have you not seen what the ****s have done?

Maybe I am the wrong age but just strikes me as being told what to do when you go on a package holiday. I like arranging what time my flight is, what hotel im staying at, which location, etc etc etc

Never having kids EVER- Ill borrow yours if you want

Don go to Egypt whats your fudgein problem? Have you not seen what the ****s have done?

Maybe I am the wrong age but just strikes me as being told what to do when you go on a package holiday. I like arranging what time my flight is, what hotel im staying at, which location, etc etc etc

yeah i know they are crap but you get winter sun the are activites for the boy and for me and kitesurfing in latvia in the winter is no fun, tried it in march once and i nearly lost my breath when the water hit my face.

Nothing wrong with package holidays, and nothing wrong with not liking them either. I've done both, but what I would say is don't fall into the trap of thinking you have no say in a package holiday, you pick a package that suits you, you don't just buy the cheapest package available otherwise that's when the holiday is dictated to you. I've booked independently and I've used the big companies but one thing I maintain control over is where I fly from & to and the hotel. I see a package holiday as booking flight, transfer and hotel in one easy hit as opposed to giving up any notion of free will or control over my holiday. Flight options and times are still available even with the big operators.

One thing I won't consider is buying the insurance a tour operator offers, I've found http://www.atlasdirect.co.uk/main.asp to be a fraction of tour operators prices and very, very easy to deal with should you need to claim, I normally get annual unlimited European trips with no excess for about £65 for a family of four, Thomsons and the like cannot compete with that.

Back