• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Best film of the 80s - Ferris Bueller's Day Off v The Terminator

Which film is better?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Theres a whole story out there that puts this film into perspective massively, and the short version is Bale ruined it.

The original script was (apparently) all about a young Kyle Reese befriending a Terminator, and it was about their journey. John Connor was in it only minimally, he is leading the resistance from a sub and rarely comes up for air. He is a voice on the airwaves, a legend/figurehead type thing.

Come the end Connor comes up to see Reese, gets killed, and the terminator ends up taking on the mantle. Sounded like a really interesting idea to me.

Apparently they took it to Bale for the Terminator role, he said "great, I want to be John Connor!" and so the script ended up getting re-written to accommodate him.

It was also on that movie where his infamous tantrum at the sound guy happened, the dingdong.

Bale could poop in my mouth after Dark Knight, and it would be cool.
Also bonus point for that time when Alex Ferguson called Gareth, “Christian Bale”

crazy that a classic like ferris should get such a low %age, bad matchup, would p!ss all over other 80's films

Back