• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ben Davies

He has been a good player for us during his time here but those days seem to have gone, bringing him in instead of Reggy was a mistake because as much as i think Davies IS a good player Reggy is better.

He has been a good player for us during his time here but those days seem to have gone, bringing him in instead of Reggy was a mistake because as much as i think Davies IS a good player Reggy is better.
Not so sure! Both are flaky in different areas

Not so sure! Both are flaky in different areas

I have been a supporter of Davies over the years ( much better player then Rose and have said so many times) but he has had his better days and Reggy is a totally different ( and better) player imo.

I have been a supporter of Davies over the years ( much better player then Rose and have said so many times) but he has had his better days and Reggy is a totally different ( and better) player imo.
The thing with Davies is that he is not a modern era full back. So much attacking play comes via the full backs these days, and Davies is just not dynamic enough going forward - he doesn’t have the pace or the trickery. He is a good solid pro but we really need Sess to get fit….

The thing with Davies is that he is not a modern era full back. So much attacking play comes via the full backs these days, and Davies is just not dynamic enough going forward - he doesn’t have the pace or the trickery. He is a good solid pro but we really need Sess to get fit….

Agree.

Davies better than Rose? :D Rose at his peak was one of the best 3 full backs in the league, could dominate his whole flank. I'm not sure Davies could dominate a youth team game. A real average Joe. Nice bloke but no outstanding qualities at all.

Davies better than Rose? :D Rose at his peak was one of the best 3 full backs in the league, could dominate his whole flank. I'm not sure Davies could dominate a youth team game. A real average Joe. Nice bloke but no outstanding qualities at all.
Plus Rose had something in buckets that Davies lacks- Drive. You couldn’t coach that.

Unsurprisingly a very good start for him as the left sided CB in a back three. Suits him very well. Quietly making himself a very important player for us again.

Could be upgraded on at some point I'm sure, but right now seems far from a priority.

There was one point in the 2nd half when he ghosted into their box, Dier pinged him with a beautiful pass over the top and it took a last ditch tackle/block to stop him. A great chance created by 2 of our back 3. Great to see.

There was one point in the 2nd half when he ghosted into their box, Dier pinged him with a beautiful pass over the top and it took a last ditch tackle/block to stop him. A great chance created by 2 of our back 3. Great to see.

His attacking ability as an overlapping or underlapping full back (often arriving fairly late) is underestimated imo. Because of the full back role he's had along with Son not being the easiest to combine with in those situations it's been fairly invisible for quite a while now.

This role as a CB in a back three, having Reguilon wide, more players to combine with, makes it a lot easier for him to play to that strength.

Expect more of the same.

TBH I thought Davies could have done better for their goal. If you watch the replay you'll see that as the cross comes over, instead of attempting to hook the ball away, he gestures with his arms outspread to allow it to pass in front of him and across the face of the goal. For sure it was a difficult ball to defend but imo a top defender would have cleared the danger.

He did the same in the game vs Vitesse too

TBH I thought Davies could have done better for their goal. If you watch the replay you'll see that as the cross comes over, instead of attempting to hook the ball away, he gestures with his arms outspread to allow it to pass in front of him and across the face of the goal. For sure it was a difficult ball to defend but imo a top defender would have cleared the danger.

Perhaps he was expecting Reggie to backtrack and mark the goal scorer?

Back