• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ben Davies

Davies is a good to potentially very good left back in the Dennis Irwin mould. He sing a fleet footed converted winger type and he isn't a Roberto Carlos type

He has not let us down once so far this season and he deserves credit for that

Davies is a good to potentially very good left back in the Dennis Irwin mould. He sing a fleet footed converted winger type and he isn't a Roberto Carlos type

He has not let us down once so far this season and he deserves credit for that

Couldn't agree with you more.

I thought Ayew had the better of him yesterday, but Davies won't be the first player that Ayew gets the better of. The problem was that Davies knew that he couldn't match Ayew for pace so when Ayew dropped off Davies couldn't really go with him and get tight (especially with our general high line) This allowed Ayew lots of opportunities to get the ball under control, turn and start Swansea's attacks.

I thought Ayew had the better of him yesterday, but Davies won't be the first player that Ayew gets the better of. The problem was that Davies knew that he couldn't match Ayew for pace so when Ayew dropped off Davies couldn't really go with him and get tight (especially with our general high line) This allowed Ayew lots of opportunities to get the ball under control, turn and start Swansea's attacks.

Ayew scored his goal when Davies was marking someone else IIRC

Other than that Ayew created nothing and spent most of the game trying to defend

I've been really impressed with Ayew but fire me yesterday he was on the periphery of the game

Davies sounds like a very down-to-earth lad. Ironing his own clothes?! You would think with the money he makes he could have someone do it for him, but he does it himself.

OK performance from him today. A few overlaps as well. Particularly impressive when defending one on one with a winger; pretty much every time manages to block the cross.

However.... he must cut out ball watching! Got sucked in by the ball and completely lost Lennon for their goal. If he cuts this out from his game, may blossom into a decent left back

Despite his fantastic shot (very unlucky) it wasn't one of his better games today. I think he's played better in his other recent games.

I thought he was poor the whole time Lennon was on, but much better up against Delefeou when he came on....

OK performance from him today. A few overlaps as well. Particularly impressive when defending one on one with a winger; pretty much every time manages to block the cross.

However.... he must cut out ball watching! Got sucked in by the ball and completely lost Lennon for their goal. If he cuts this out from his game, may blossom into a decent left back

He already is a very decent left back - I guess thats my point when people compare

Did well and I would always pick him over Rose.

I wouldn't necessarily and think rose is better overall but to see some people criticising him I feel the need to pipe up

He has been solid and should have had a cracking goal today

Yes the goal was form his player but he was backing up his centre back in a case of damned if you do and damned if you don't . Great to have him there as an option

I wouldn't necessarily and think rose is better overall but to see some people criticising him I feel the need to pipe up

He has been solid and should have had a cracking goal today

Yes the goal was form his player but he was backing up his centre back in a case of damned if you do and damned if you don't . Great to have him there as an option

For me he is already better then Rose and still only 22, I have liked him since he came here and he is now beginning to show what a good player he is. I know Rose had a good season last year but I always feel he is a red card waiting to happen and can be caught out of position too often.

Rose has been brilliant the past 2 seasons but his level has dropped a fraction this season, Davies has looked pretty solid when he has played and id have him as number 1 at the moment. Like others have said though its great to have 2 good young left backs at our disposal.

IMO Davies has done enough this season to be our no 1 choice at left back. Hasnt got the pace of Rose, but isnt slow at all. And for me it looks like he is better in positioning now, and plays with more confidence. A shame that shot didnt find the net yesterday, he deserved a bit more luck there....

Did really well against Deulofeu after he came on. The one time he managed a dangerous cross (towards Lukaku at the far post, just a bit too high) from my memory was after a corner when we weren't organized and it was Eriksen who let him get past him quite easily. Davies did really well one on one.

Lennon got the goal, but was otherwise really quiet. I think credit to Lennon and Everton more than a lot of blame for Davies for that one. Difficult situation with a good ball in to Lukaku and Davies and Verts two against two in the area. Took a very good knock down and a once in a decade finish from Lennon for them to score.

Davies is already a decent left back. He was already a decent left back when we signed him. Come on!

IMO Davies has done enough this season to be our no 1 choice at left back. Hasnt got the pace of Rose, but isnt slow at all. And for me it looks like he is better in positioning now, and plays with more confidence. A shame that shot didnt find the net yesterday, he deserved a bit more luck there....

Difficult to see how he's not first choice on current form. If not I'm not sure he would have started the game against Everton.

If Rose can regain his top form I have a feeling he will again be ahead of Davies, but similarly Davies can still improve and cement his place in the team.

So unlucky with the shot yesterday. Bale would have been proud of that strike (no further comparison than the strike of course). Davies has a good cross on him from that technique when striking the ball, hopefully he can improve even further - could be a real difference maker for him as a player imo.

Last edited:
I like both of our left backs. For me they both bring different pluses to our game.
Poch will have far more information at hand when he chooses. We are just playing favourites to large extent.

lennon would never hit it like that for us. i daresay its a fluke LOL. And i think it was the right decision for the LB (whoever he is) to double up on 15-goal lukaku.

lennon would never hit it like that for us. i daresay its a fluke LOL. And i think it was the right decision for the LB (whoever he is) to double up on 15-goal lukaku.
It was an odd trajectory on the strike - reminded me of a 90s computer game.

Back