• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Believing the Hype?

What I am becoming annoyed about is people taking a holier than thou attitude and giving stick to people who happen to think differently from them. Then to top it off, over exaggerating the idea of what "everybodies" expectations are for our current squad.

My feeling is that we were never credible title challengers, we don't neccessarily have the 3rd best squad but we managed to get into 3rd with a 14-15 point gap to 5th which is where we occupy currently. People are, rightly in my view, pretty annoyed that we are now somehow 5th considering where we were on February 26th. How people voice/air those views are open to debate but no one should ever be caning a fan off who is annoyed at our freefall.

The players from my point of view aren't immune to criticism because for the last 3 months none of our big game players have made the difference for us and once they cross the white line then Redknapp is limited in what he can do with regards influence on performance. Redknapp can influence things after games and in the build up to the next one and he can also stop talking quite as much, epecially about things he has had a hand in, for example, January transfer window. He has to take a portion of the blame as well and not just revel in the good times.

The bottom line is that whilst at the start of the season and without a doubt after the first 2 games, if we were offered this position we would have taken it but not if we had known this collapse would have occured. Fact is we were 3rd and had a large enough gap to account for a mini blip, not one that lasted for nearly a quarter of the seasons games and I think it is unreasonable to expect that people shouldn't be tinkled off by that. People handle this stuff in different ways and people have differing opinions - that's life but this whole process of division where people are openly digging eachother out for having an opposing view is just nonsense.

Well said that man!!

Bit of irony on the Tory Utopia thingy mate, playing to the crowd and all that! :)

Humans are complex animals, shades of grey and all that.

What you meant to say was 'damn you, why won't you just accept my blind support for Harry and ignore any of his faults' :)

Bit of irony on the Tory Utopia thingy mate, playing to the crowd and all that! :)

Humans are complex animals, shades of grey and all that.

What you meant to say was 'damn you, why won't you just accept my blind support for Harry and ignore any of his faults' :)

What the right dishonourable gentleman fails to see is that I don't have blind support for Harry :). I just think he deserves recognition for what he has achieved at Spurs, and I do not believe that many other Managers would have been able to achieve it.

I give him credit!

I just don't think he's the future and feel very aggrieved at the whole England thing and the disasterous consequences for our season.

I give him credit!

I just don't think he's the future and feel very aggrieved at the whole England thing and the disasterous consequences for our season.

Due to his age, I also agree that he isn't for the future. But how many Managers truly are? Fergie & Wenger are exceptions, not the rule. And it'll be interesting once they've gone whether Utd and Arsenal keep their patient approach towards a Manager or follow the same cycle as everyone else and replace Managers every two to four years, regardless of their age or what they've achieved.

No - we support Spurs and you don't decide who does or doesn't support the club OK pal?

If Bale is making demands about where he should play and we allow it we have the weakest manager in the league.

A mental minnow

just yourself to go
and then you will have picked a fight with everyone who posts on GG.

How come you are now wriggly's spokesperson anyhow?

He can pick fights all by himself.
:-"

Come on, regardless or age or what they've achieved?

Nope.

The idea is to get the next Wenger or Fergy etc.......I would have Moyes...look what he does year in year out with a far inferior squad and fudge all money.

He's still in his 40's/early 50's??

So he could be manager for 10 years+ at Spurs. With a 40% larger playing budget he'd be scary IMO.

just yourself to go
and then you will have picked a fight with everyone who posts on GG.

How come you are now wriggly's spokesperson anyhow?

He can pick fights all by himself.
:-"

I can also have an argument in an empty room!

[video=youtube;kQFKtI6gn9Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQFKtI6gn9Y[/video]

Come on, regardless or age or what they've achieved?

Nope.

The idea is to get the next Wenger or Fergy etc.......I would have Moyes...look what he does year in year out with a far inferior squad and fudge all money.

He's still in his 40's/early 50's??

So he could be manager for 10 years+ at Spurs. With a 40% larger playing budget he'd be scary IMO.

I am not giving my opinion, I am talking fact. Look at Chelsea. Ancelotti, double wasn't good enough. Mourinho? Binned on his first downswing etc. Hodgson at Liverpool (after years of Rafa), talk is two cup wins won't be enough to save Dalglish.

Utd and Arsenal have kept faith, Arsenal especially, but they are exceptions to the modern rule and I doubt Utd and Arsenal will continue that trend past these two managers.

Do you believe Moyes is better than Redknapp? And don't you have any concerns regarding Moyes's brand of football?

You are giving 2 examples......Rafa was at Liverpool for ages and was the victim of the silly yank ****s who bought that club with other peoples money.

Winning the champs league and finishing 2nd failure? Christ.

Chelsea are a rich russian gangsters play thing, only they could sack Mourinho!

I think Everton finishing 4th is a far better achievement than Harry's 4th place.

Moyes' brand of football, seen Everton play recently?

If you have a pragmatic budget you play pragmatic football.

If he had more flair players and a bigger budget he'd play better football.

But I think Everton play good football, like we do really....down the flanks with balls into the box.

I think Everton finishing 4th is a far better achievement than Harry's 4th place.
But I think Everton play good football, like we do really....down the flanks with balls into the box.

So a few quick comments

- Everton made 4th once, in a time when they had consistantly been in the 5th-6th position previously and without City/Barcodes/Spurs in that challenge. Harry could potentially make it twice in 3 years against more teams in the mix, and tougher teams.
- Yes, I have seen Everton play, it fudging horrible, and they are a dirty team.
- And when Everton got to CL, got to Cup Semis/Finals, they have always bottled it
- And look at their record against Pool, outright dreadful

No, I don't want Moyes anywhere near Spurs, not in my top 20 options ..

You are giving 2 examples......Rafa was at Liverpool for ages and was the victim of the silly yank ****s who bought that club with other peoples money.

Winning the champs league and finishing 2nd failure? Christ.

Chelsea are a rich russian gangsters play thing, only they could sack Mourinho!

It's not my criteria as failure. I think it's nuts. Just like I think Spurs sacking a Manager who finished 5th twice (after years in the wilderness) was nuts, and the talk of replacing a Manager who has had us finish 8th, 4th, 5th, 3rd to 6th is nuts.

As for Moyes? I'm not a fan personally but if he becomes our Manager I'll back him 100%, if we play entertaining short passing football, for at least 5 seasons (as long as we aren't looking like serious relegation candidates) even if we drop out of the top 10.

Nope - Results are eveything.

This is not true, otherwise we are no better than Arsenal who only exist when they are successful. We are much more than that which is why Redknapp gets short shrift. He gives us no reason to suggest he loves the club. It's just a job for him. So when things go bad, he gets a lot of brick. Jol is a worse manager but fans cut him a lot more slack because he did not call us idiots or defend Sol Campbell.

If he was such a dingdonghead he wouldn't get as much grief. We have definitely underachieved this season regardless of whether we finish 4th or not. Just because I believe this, doesn't make me less of a fan. I'd still be there if we were relegated.

Can I just add..... since I know him.

Leeds Spurs could have an argument in an empty room, by himself, and in a straightjacket........ and muzzled!8)

Oh sorry, thats just his perversion (as said Woody Allen) :-"

Oops!

Only joking bud. :lol:

But regarding Redknapp, he doesn't rate him as a manager. Neither do I, and I never have.

Can I just add..... since I know him.

Leeds Spurs could have an argument in an empty room, by himself, and in a straightjacket........ and muzzled!8)

Oh sorry, thats just his perversion (as said Woody Allen) :-"

Oops!

Only joking bud. :lol:

But regarding Redknapp, he doesn't rate him as a manager. Neither do I, and I never have.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/apr/30/harry-redknapp-england-tottenham?newsfeed=true

Wow!

Cheers Martin, bang to rights!

The Gruaniad article.

Well well well.

Our Mr Redknapp thought he had the England manager job all sewn up, from February onwards. Spurs season goes tits up. Redknapp also insults the fans repeatedly when criticism of him rises. He thinks fudge 'em, I'm off anyway. Only now he isn't, and a lot of fans aren't pleased with our season being wrecked. Sticky wicket time for HR.

This article reeks of another damage limitation exercise, with carefully released information to select journalists. Redknapp and the club know a lot of fans are tinkled at our disastrous slump, and want Redknapp out. Despite previous denials, the position has shifted, and now its.... well, it could have had some effect. To say otherwise would be absurd, because its obvious it had a negative effect, and the timing of the article is immaculate.

It's one the of main reasons why Spurs fans are hated so much. We have some of the most unrealistic fans in this country. Look at the manager threads. It's Mourinho next or nobody at all. Doesn't matter that he's already at the biggest club in the world, he'll leave and come to Spurs tomorrow.

I'm tinkled off at how quickly we threw 3rd away, but I had absolutely no expectations whatsoever about winning the title or maintaining a challenge.

Back