• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Barton Live On newsnight

Senayan Stadium in Jakarta Indonesia, it's a 90,000 seat stadium, absolutely shocking pitch and crap facilities as visiting players such as our keano with the LA Galaxy will attest to a few months back.

Barton speaks, and tweets, very well and intelligently, but has behaved like a rabid animal on speed without any thought, cowardly, malice and pure hatred ... what a sad human being

he did very well. he was on bbcfivelive this morning too.

i agree that having hodgson in gives a break to young players. I expect the old boys like terry and fatty will not be too happy about this though. Barry basically sounded non plussed.

I think you may be disappointed, at least for the Euros. Hodgson has always favoured experience over youth as far as I have been able to tell.

Some people need to lighten up a bit, next you will be defending the Third Reich...

Last edited:
I thought Barton did well on Newsnight and talked a lot more sense than the ex-pros who are wheeled out on MotD and Sky Sports.

Am I the only one who doesn't mind Barton? A very very talented footballer and at one stage was probably the most technically gifted English midfielder since Steven Gerrard, if it wasn't for his off-field antics, he'd probably of been an England regular. But that is just me..

It's a shame he's such a prick, because a lot of what he says actually makes sense.

I agree, it was a very interesting insight into a professional footballer's viewpoint, which is rare to see, so respect to him in that regard. In addition, I am glad he got a verbal slap from Paxman, you would have to be a bit of a mug to defend Joey's career after one interview imo however well he may come across after a bit of media training

Last edited:
Am I the only one who doesn't mind Barton? A very very talented footballer and at one stage was probably the most technically gifted English midfielder since Steven Gerrard, if it wasn't for his off-field antics, he'd probably of been an England regular. But that is just me..

Well, he's been done for assault on more than one occasion, he stubbed a cigar out in another human being's eye, his brother got done for murdering someone with an axe, so not exactly a nice family he comes from. He's a good player, but nowhere near as good as he thinks he is. Like I said before, he is right most of the time when he speaks about football in general, especially when it comes to the England team. I think when he criticised the players for coming out with books after another embarassing exit for England in a tournament, most people agreed with him.

I was thinking more on the continent.

The other British/Irish ones are at least used for International Rugby which has a pretty busy calendar and arguably more popular than football in Wales and Ireland.

We have the second largest stadium in Europe and its used for tournament finals and football internationals only

Scotland is the comparable one as rugby is played at murrayfield.

As for wembley. Saracens have played a couple of club rugby games there (the last one had 80k people), there was rugby league before christmas, NFL, concerts (which other stadiums do have of course). Plus once you add the playoffs, FA trophy, vase finals etc that's a fairly large number of events.

Last edited:
Back