• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Barton Live On newsnight

THFC

Scott Parker
Anybody see this last night? He got owned from the off by Paxman, who said along the lines of 'and here we have Joey Barton, convicted criminal and footballer' something like that..... absolute beauty of a put down, and you could tell it rocked Barton.

Barton did recover and put forward a few points backing Woy, and was lead into exposing a few facets of the game such as the need for 'certain people' in the game to justify their existance by dishing out punishments for the sake of it. Overall an interesting interview

Joey Barton on BBC Radio 5 live: "It would be quite hypocritical of me to say that I should play for England as I said last night that they should go with the younger generation and throw them in at the deep end, allowing them to gain experience and develop. My own ego would probably love the fact that I'm playing but in reality Joey Barton is not needed for England."

Actually comes across as a sensible guy for once.

Last edited:
Joey Barton on BBC Radio 5 live: "It would be quite hypocritical of me to say that I should play for England as I said last night that they should go with the younger generation and throw them in at the deep end, allowing them to gain experience and develop. My own ego would probably love the fact that I'm playing but in reality Joey Barton is not needed for England."

Actual comes across as a sensible guy for once.

When he speaks he seems like an intelligent guy for the most part. Just some of his off the field antics in the past that have suggested otherwise....

he did very well. he was on bbcfivelive this morning too.

i agree that having hodgson in gives a break to young players. I expect the old boys like terry and fatty will not be too happy about this though. Barry basically sounded non plussed.

Anybody see this last night? He got owned from the off by Paxman, who said along the lines of 'and here we have Joey Barton, convicted criminal and footballer' something like that..... absolute beauty of a put down, and you could tell it rocked Barton.

Barton did recover and put forward a few points backing Woy, and was lead into exposing a few facets of the game such as the need for 'certain people' in the game to justify their existance by dishing out punishments for the sake of it. Overall an interesting interview

Actually that made Paxman look like a complete c*nt

What has his criminal convictions got to do with Roy Hodgson, or the England Manager's job

Very low blow, completely unnecessary, pointless, added nothing to the debate or Joey's credibility as a domain expert

And he didn't own him at all. If anything, the interview was very positive. Paxman didn't challenge him on anything, he merely gathered information

Joey's left nut probably knows more about football than Paxman ever will

What has his criminal convictions got to do with Roy Hodgson, or the England Manager's job

Very low blow, completely unnecessary, pointless, added nothing to the debate or Joey's credibility as a domain expert

And he didn't own him at all. If anything, the interview was very positive. Paxman didn't challenge him on anything, he merely gathered information

Not seen it but Joey Barton is a massive **** who I resent for even getting another game in the premier league after his conviction. No amount of twitter LOL is gonna change the fact he's a massive bell end. Paxman most likely resented the fact he had Barton put in front of him

Yeah I agree. Out of order by Paxman when it has nothing to do with the subject matter. It didn't rock Barton at all, I'm sure he's been called worse in his life. Paxman hardly had anything to say as he probably doesn't know much about the game which is fair enough; he was simply reeling off a list of questions.

Barton did well - and his point that England should be a 'touring side' is very poignant. Spain don't always play at the Bernabeu do they - they use the San Mames, Mestalla etc etc.

Joey Barton is rent a mouth shocker

Jeremy Paxman is extreme, irrelevant soundbite to raise his ego and profile shocker

Nothing to see here.................

(not meant as a slight at the thread existing btw!)

Paxman didn't say it to shock.......it was actually quite matter of fact and said in anticipation of those who would argue why the BBC would give airtime to a man convicted of GBH, like they are fit to comment on the England boss?!

Yeah I agree. Out of order by Paxman when it has nothing to do with the subject matter. It didn't rock Barton at all, I'm sure he's been called worse in his life. Paxman hardly had anything to say as he probably doesn't know much about the game which is fair enough; he was simply reeling off a list of questions.

Barton did well - and his point that England should be a 'touring side' is very poignant. Spain don't always play at the Bernabeu do they - they use the San Mames, Mestalla etc etc.

does any other country have a huge stadium that has no club affiliation? When you think about, it does seem like a fairly monumental waste of money

i got it.................

Scotland, Wales, Ireland
I was thinking more on the continent.

The other British/Irish ones are at least used for International Rugby which has a pretty busy calendar and arguably more popular than football in Wales and Ireland.

We have the second largest stadium in Europe and its used for tournament finals and football internationals only

Back