• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Barclays. Cnuts.

Gordinho

Banned
[rant]What kind of a brick company email you to tell you that you've had a balance transfer when you haven't, when you phone them you get put through to some bloke in the back of beyond who can't speak English, can't be contacted by email and when I try to contact them via the message function of my account will not accept messages that contain punctuation?

A right 5hitcnut company, that's who.

I won't need the heating on tonight, my blood's already boiling. Cnuts.[/rant]

Absolute brick ****s, the bastards sent me a text and rang me about 10 times trying to tell me I hadn't paid my credit card bill in December.

The full balance gets paid off by direct debit every month, quick check online and I had paid but the bastards kept on pestering me from a call centre in India until I made a complaint and a woman in Liverpool apologised profusely.

That's unbelievable and beats the incompetence shown by Barclays hands down.

Funnily enough, my wife does market research on several companies, Barclays being one of them, after I ranted about the messaging function on my account she told me that it's a recurring theme that their websites do not accept communications with punctuation, they're aware of it, have been for years but have done nothing about it.

Absolute brick ****s, the bastards sent me a text and rang me about 10 times trying to tell me I hadn't paid my credit card bill in December.

The full balance gets paid off by direct debit every month, quick check online and I had paid but the bastards kept on pestering me from a call centre in India until I made a complaint and a woman in Liverpool apologised profusely.

When we can't understand each other is it any wonder that problems get compounded rather than cured?

Gordy, just do it without commas or quotes and it will work

Normally you have to go back about 20 years to find this sort of trivial IT error

But no surprise parts of the banks are living in the dark ages

Most (if not all) of them are scumbags

My business has grown fourfold in under five years and I needed extra funding from Barclays. In order to get a relatively small amount (£25k) I had to have collateral of £200k. This on a profitable business showing growth. The eventually lent me the money at 7.5% even though I only wanted an overdraught extension. It took five months to agree, during which time they charged me over £4k in charges for being overdrawn.
In fact, I have paid in excess of £20k in charges since I took on the business, mostly the difference in being overdrawn or not.

The most frustrating aspect of the current policy towards small business is that it was the merchant side of banking that put them/us in the mire, yet it is the small businessman who is paying the penalty, at the expense of national growth.

Gordy, just do it without commas or quotes and it will work

Normally you have to go back about 20 years to find this sort of trivial IT error

But no surprise parts of the banks are living in the dark ages

Most (if not all) of them are scumbags

It won't.
I've tried all that.

Or as I told Barclays... It wont Ive tried all of that

Remember back in the 90's, when everyone used to pronounce this bank as Barclees?

Now everyone puts so much emphasis on BarCLAYS.

If you haven't noticed, you will now. True story.

If your not going to change banks you all really have nothing at all to complain about. I was going to get charged 4k on a certain transaction by Barclays. I told them not likely. I did the same transaction using Clydesdale bank for £400.
A week later I got a visit from the Barclays rep, saying all the right things. grovel grovel. Basically told them, I have no qualms whatsoever of moving from Barclays, should they treat me like that again. I am yet to have to test them on such a transaction, but I cannot wait tbh to see what happens.

I believe its a case of trying it on to see what they can get away with. Don't let them get away with it.

Update: A young lady rang me today, when she addressed me as Wincent I flatly refused to take the call unless I was connected to somebody who spoke English as their first language. After hanging up I got a call back from a native English speaker, explained my situation and was told that a) my 0% pa deal on my season ticket is classed internally by BCard as a balance transfer which I why I got the dodgy email in the first place and b) when I email them I should email them with no punctuation, if they can't work out what I'm trying to say they'll ring.

I couldn't make this brick up, honestly. :ross:

They don't want you to punctuate your e-mail? WTF?!? Really, WTF?
That's astonishing. What about capital letters, is that ok for them?

Maybe the caller had a speach impediment...

[video=youtube_share;rJMRxbECzow]http://youtu.be/rJMRxbECzow[/video]

Update: A young lady rang me today, when she addressed me as Wincent I flatly refused to take the call unless I was connected to somebody who spoke English as their first language. After hanging up I got a call back from a native English speaker, explained my situation and was told that a) my 0% pa deal on my season ticket is classed internally by BCard as a balance transfer which I why I got the dodgy email in the first place and b) when I email them I should email them with no punctuation, if they can't work out what I'm trying to say they'll ring.

I couldn't make this brick up, honestly. :ross:

Wincent, you are being wacist

Ed+Miliband+

Back