• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bale (again)

I thought it was quite obvious in 20-21 that he wasn't up to the pace of the EPL anymore. Early round cup games etc, fine. But he was struggling in any decent pace.competitive league game.

He stilled banged in goals for us, so as long as he wouldn't cost a fortune, why not? Maybe Conte could get a second spring out of him. Then again, not sure it's something Conte would want. Has he shown enough commitment in Madrid? Is he still hungry? Will he run his ass off? Probably not.

I don't see it happening.

I thought it was quite obvious in 20-21 that he wasn't up to the pace of the EPL anymore. Early round cup games etc, fine. But he was struggling in any decent pace.competitive league game.
11 goals in 20 games, sounds like he handled it fine to me. He wouldn't be a starter every game, someone that can come on and get us a goal when needed. We currently don't have a game changer on the bench and he is one. Start the odd game to give one of the front 3 a rest.

I would rather we spent the wages he would want on players who would/could be here for several years and put in the commitment in EVERY game. Guess i would be in the minority but i would not want him back here.
We don't know what wages he wants. I'm sure his main concern is to stay fit and be ready for the world cup for Wales if they qualify.
If the wages are sensible and the role he will play suits both parties, which I think it will, then he's a good stop gap for a year.
It gives time for Parrott and Scarlett to mature and to see if they are good enough and allows us to address more important areas, LCB, WBs, another CM and potentially a GK.

We don't know what wages he wants. I'm sure his main concern is to stay fit and be ready for the world cup for Wales if they qualify.
If the wages are sensible and the role he will play suits both parties, which I think it will, then he's a good stop gap for a year.
It gives time for Parrott and Scarlett to mature and to see if they are good enough and allows us to address more important areas, LCB, WBs, another CM and potentially a GK.

Well as they say Stop! Hammer time and as i said i would rather we spend the many elsewhere.

Zero chance he comes back if Conte is our manager IMO. Just wouldnt be able to hack the effort

Only chance of him coming back to Spurs is if Conte walks and Levy thinks Bale would be a populist signing. Not impossible that happens, but the club will be in a crap state if it does

11 goals in 20 games, sounds like he handled it fine to me. He wouldn't be a starter every game, someone that can come on and get us a goal when needed. We currently don't have a game changer on the bench and he is one. Start the odd game to give one of the front 3 a rest.

From memory most were dead rubber or flat track bully goals. Not the big match or match winning ones.

Vinicius scored 10 in 22 for us as well.

Also 3/4th of our frontline are already pushing 30, so we desperately need some energy and pressing ability to add to that mix

I am surprised he doesnt play more under Carlo Ancelotti. Don Carlo said he will need Bale at the start of the season and that their is no chance of him going out on loan again. He looked like the kind of coach that would suit Gareth more than Mourinho, for example.

From memory most were dead rubber or flat track bully goals. Not the big match or match winning ones.

Vinicius scored 10 in 22 for us as well.

Also 3/4th of our frontline are already pushing 30, so we desperately need some energy and pressing ability to add to that mix
Vinicius score 1 goal in 9 games in the league compared to Bales 11 in 20. Most of Vinicius goals came in crap cup competitions against really weak teams. Huge difference.
He scored in a few 1 goal wins and the "flat track bully goals" were in games where he scored 2 or 3 goals to make it that way instead of us struggling to break the team down.

As I said already, it's not signing him for a year to start every game, it's a game changer on the bench and allows us to spend the budget on more important areas.

I would rather we spent the wages he would want on players who would/could be here for several years and put in the commitment in EVERY game. Guess i would be in the minority but i would not want him back here.

Should Wales get the WC, and i hope they do, then he has nothing left to play for.
What's his motivation, it was getting wales to the euros, then wales to the WC, now what?
I would seriously doubt his commitment to anything.

Should Wales get the WC, and i hope they do, then he has nothing left to play for.
What's his motivation, it was getting wales to the euros, then wales to the WC, now what?

If they don't get wc i could see him retire.

Quite the reverse -- if Wales get to the WC, Bale will want to stay match fit. I wouldn't expect him to go into too many 50/50 challenges near the tail end of the season...but then, he hardly tackles anyway.

If Wales don't qualify, however, I think that'll be it for him. He might dingdong around a while somewhere, perhaps sign for a Middle East club, but I suspect he'll just head to the golf course and chill out.

Quite the reverse -- if Wales get to the WC, Bale will want to stay match fit. I wouldn't expect him to go into too many 50/50 challenges near the tail end of the season...but then, he hardly tackles anyway.

If Wales don't qualify, however, I think that'll be it for him. He might dingdong around a while somewhere, perhaps sign for a Middle East club, but I suspect he'll just head to the golf course and chill out.

The world Cup is not at the tail end of the season. It is in December.

He doesn't need money. And after hoisting three European Cups amongst 14 trophies with Real Madrid, he certainly doesn't need whatever tinpot spitoons they hand out in the Aqaba beer league.

If he has anything left in the tank for club football, I'd like to think it's with Spurs. With Wales, he's showing he still has fitness, motivation and ability. He can be an asset. Maybe not a regular game starter, but a useful part of a good squad. A game changer off the bench for a prior club he clearly has affection for.

Hard to imagine a veteran player for whom that scenario doesn't work.

I'd sooner bring him off the bench than Moura or Berwijn

Yeah that’s how he is going to be used and also centrally if Kane is injured or is sitting out an early round in the domestic cups or EL group games if we dont get CL. Or if we do get CL he may start over Kane if we have something like burnley at home 3 days after a CL game.

Pretty much like how Conte planned to use Giroud before the Inter board veto’d the deal due to his age.

Back