• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bah, Humbug!

ArcspacE

Banned
It has started already

The wasteful decorations, cheap plastic memorabilia. Zounds of people rushing to every shop, spending the little bit of disposable income on utterly pointless, overpriced, worthless presents while in the process lining up pockets of mass retailers

Why should people be forced to buy presents at a specific time?

Is the amount spent on a present representtive of one's love and respect towards the receiver - do me a favour.

Why can't the mere fact people choose to spend some time together and share a meal be considered enough of a 'family time'?

Why is the emphasis on mass consumerism and wasteful expenditure and not family time and values?

I fudging hate it.

I detest New Year's but love Christmas. Not a child anymore so I'm not into the whole gift giving - except secret santa's where it gives me the opportunity to go into Anne Summers and check out some sexy lingerie.

It has started already

The wasteful decorations, cheap plastic memorabilia. Zounds of people rushing to every shop, spending the little bit of disposable income on utterly pointless, overpriced, worthless presents while in the process lining up pockets of mass retailers

Why should people be forced to buy presents at a specific time?

Is the amount spent on a present representtive of one's love and respect towards the receiver - do me a favour.

Why can't the mere fact people choose to spend some time together and share a meal be considered enough of a 'family time'?

Why is the emphasis on mass consumerism and wasteful expenditure and not family time and values?

I fudging hate it.

They're not.. dude i finished my christmas shopping like 2-3 weeks back. Now i just get to laugh at those who have to shop in that madness.

Who wants to do mine for me? I wanna get it all sorted early this year but I need to get a move on

Christmas should be limited to December only. I don't go shopping until the 23rd anyway.

Why shop at all?

Why now?

Many do christmas shopping throughout the year. It's a nice excuse to make the effort to spend time with family and get nice things for people.

Of course there's an annoying side to it but you just have to try your best to ignore it, you don't have to buy the cheap plastic memorabilia and you can avoid mass consumerism by making presents or not using the behemoth online retailers and supporting independent shops.

I actually like shopping late. Love the buzz of hitting the stores around the 20th of December.

The op obviously has issues with Xmas but I love it and I genuinely enjoy giving presents to people while genuinely couldn't care less about what I get but if people make the effort and get me something I'm ever so greatful. Presents on a whole is a very very small part of Xmas for me best thing is spending a day with family and having a gorgeous meal and seeing mates over the Xmas period who haven't seen for a good while.

I dont agree with people shopping and getting it out of the way BEFORE Christmas i.e December. It should be done in one month, where you queue for fcuking ages, and fight with people to get around the shop and ultimately get the same present for your mum and dad that your brother got them.

Xmas is all about getting spanked at every work Xmas party and making a fool out of yourself because it is silly season.

You should be able to feel like brick on Xmas Day after going out on Xmas eve, eat as much as you like, throw a disgusting face at your parents when they buy you furry seat covers for your car as your main xmas present. Perv over the women in a nightclub dressed as Santa's little helper, and have xmas songs on your Iphone playlist. Puke on the vomet comet (last train home) on numerous occasions.

I love Xmas. But it should be called Christmas and not Xmas.

Are you the most negative person in the world. Sometimes I think you're just a WUM who hates things that are deemed popular to like.

Back