• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bad pundit world cup - Alan Shearer v Steve McManaman

Who is the worse pundit or commentator?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

milo

Jack L. Jones
It's a clash of the class of '96 this time around. Shearer vs McManaman. Let the battle of tedium commence.

Tough one. Shearer is like an actor with only one expression. Just repeats the same stuff over and over while looking glum. McManaman is utterly clueless and has that whiny scouse accent.

It's a tough one this. Shearer is as dull as ditch water and has never said anything insightful. McManaman knows nothing and has a voice like nails down a blackboard. I'm going to need to think this one over.

This is a disastrous draw, both should easily be semi-finalists.

Shearer gets paid a fortune to say the same thing, specifically the phrase "time after time after time", on MotD every week. However, since I originally nominated him, and he described this goal, where the ball never touched the ground:
with the term "like Subbuteo football!", it has to be McManaman. A prince amongst clams.

Shearer. I hate Shearer, impossible to vote for anyone else.

Aside from rarely having a point I think the biggest issue I have with him is that he is a complete hypocrite.

He will sanction players for exactly what he did as a player. And I even saw him arguing a ref had a bad game the other week for making a correct decision (Arsenal/Lacazette offside - that incident in particular showed up a good few "experts" for the blow hards they are)

Shearer. I hate Shearer, impossible to vote for anyone else.

Aside from rarely having a point I think the biggest issue I have with him is that he is a complete hypocrite.

He will sanction players for exactly what he did as a player. And I even saw him arguing a ref had a bad game the other week for making a correct decision (Arsenal/Lacazette offside - that incident in particular showed up a good few "experts" for the blow hards they are)

I have to laugh when he criticises a player for dirty play.

I was expecting that to be closer. A tough draw sees one of the favourites go out in the first round.

Back