• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

AVB Article

Hi all,

I'm a student journalist and just started writing for an American sports website and decided to complete my first article on AVB so if you could read it I would very much appreciate it.

http://www.h4-entertainment.com/2013/03/transformation-of-avb/

Cheers.

Ok, what I'm gonna write is meant to be constructive but not sure what the point of the article is. There isn't any real insight other than stating some widely known facts and some commonly held beliefs that may or may not be correct. Journalism is a tough game where you need unique angles.

There are also a lot of assumptions in there that don't seem to be based on facts or logic like:

1. "The main reason he is thriving is simply down to the fact that he has a chairman who is letting him do his job."
2. "Levy has given AVB one objective and that is to qualify for the Champions League."
3. "Abramovich however gave him far too many difficult tasks in his first season, the most difficult of these being to remove the Chelsea ‘old guard’ from the first team"
4. "There are no disputes in the dressing room at Spurs to battle with however and everyone at the club is pulling in the same direction."

Keep at it though. You'll have dozens of editors tell you to tinkle off or (worse) ignore you before you'll get published in the nationals. Best of luck with it.

Thanks DeanoAustin for your feedback.

The fact it is an American site and the sports which are focused on specifically are UFC, NFL etc. resulted in me not wanting to do it too detailed as it would go over the readerships head but hopefully the more articles I complete, the more in-depth I can be on the subject.

I take on board the assumptions that I have made, maybe that is only down to opinion.

Cheers anyway.

IMO you really needed to come up with some original analysis of your own. For example, AVB's singular contribution in the transformation in Bale; the training, tactics and strategies he deploys that have significantly improved our defensive performances; the impact of his management style on the morale of the team; the contrast between AVB's style of play and that of Redknapp's etc etc.

There are so many rich angles you could have put your slant on. That my friend is the kind of thing I would humbly suggest you need to work on.

Back