• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Astronomy

markysimmo

Johnny nice-tits
Anybody else on the board into Astronomy, its something I wanted to do for years and am finally going to treat myself to a telescope

long%20image.jpg

Meade ETX80 Special Backpack Package Ref: 0805-04-20
Meade ETX80 Telescope Package Ref: 0805-04-21
Meade's new, larger 80mm diameter ETX back pack telescope delivers more light-gathering for increased image brightness and greater detail. Moon craters by the hundreds, cloud belts on Jupiter, and Saturn's rings are just the beginning of what can be seen with this highly portable telescope telescope.

Meade's brainy AutoStar computer solves the stargazer's two biggest challenges in navigating the heavens with a computer telescope: aligning the telescope with the night sky and finding celestial phenomenon in the vast starry firmament. Right out of the box with a simple initialization, AutoStar makes finding the sky's elusive jewels virtually as easy as pushing a few buttons. Observe land or over 1400 sky objects in stunning high resolution, and learn about the sky with Meade's extensive astro-library.

AutoStar® Computer Controller
The AutoStar computer controller automatically guides your telescope to over 1400 objects. View planets, stars, galaxies, and nebulas all at the push of a button. Don't know what to see on a particular night? Don't worry. Just select the Tonight's Best™ tour and AutoStar will automatically take you on a guided tour of the best planets, stars, nebulas and other objects out that particular night. Want to know more about what you're looking at? The LCD display teaches you about what you're viewing with details like distance, temperature, mass, and historical information. AutoStar is your guide to the universe.

A built-in Barlow lens flips into position when needed. This highly desirable feature provides more power when studying lunar and planetary surface features.
An internal Time Chip (TC) keeps precise factory calibrated time and date.
A Bubble-level/ Compass is provided to make initialization faster and easier.
Now includes two premium 4-element 1.25" Super Plössl eyepieces (SP9.7mm, SP26mm) offering comfortable long eye-relief and an expansive wide visual field.
Bonus! AutoStar Suite Astronomer Software on DVD for PC, now with instructional DVD.
And also includes a back pack to store and carry the telescope, the tripod can be secured to outside of the back pack.

Optical Design Achromatic Refractor
Clear Aperture 80mm (3.15")
Focal Length Focal Ratio 400mm f/5
Maximum Practical Visual Power 275 x magnification
Optical Tube Dimensions (dia. x length) 3.6" dia x 14.5"
Eyepiece(s) Super Plössl 9.7mm and 26mm
Barlow Lens Built-in flip Barlow
Telescope Mounting Fork type; double tine
RA and Dec. Motor Drive Systems 9V DC servo motors w/encoders
Slow-Motion Controls Electric, 9-speed; both axes
AutoStar® Controller #494 Included
High-quality Expedition Backpack, Comfortable backpack holds the telescope and everything you need to explore the world around you
Planetarium Software and Instructional DVD Included
Batteries (user-supplied) 6 x AA
Battery Life (approx.) 20 hrs.

£313.00

Hi Marky,

Are you the salesman for these.
Specs look good and for 313 quids, worth it.

PS. can it also be used in daytime, for me to look at dolphins, whales etc. in the ocean.
Maybe, even mermaids

Hi Marky,

Are you the salesman for these.
Specs look good and for 313 quids, worth it.

PS. can it also be used in daytime, for me to look at dolphins, whales etc. in the ocean.
Maybe, even mermaids

Nope just been doing some reading and it looks a winner for a start up set

must remember to show my son the planets. my son is planet cracy at the min, at 5 he can name all the planets in the right order, can tell you the colour and size and also rattled off 5 dwarf planets which blew me away.
Apparently his favourite is makemake.

stealth proud dad post.

Nice one! My littlun is the same age and this thread has also inspired me to buy me , I mean her - a telescope!:D

funnily I was gonna buy him one for Xmas, but I forgot. I want to get him one now while he's still interested and before I miss the chance.

Back