• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ashley Phillips

From Wiki:

Speaking in November 2021, then first team manager Tony Mowbray described Phillips as "phenomenal" and as well as being 6 ft 4' tall he commented on his ball playing ability, stating: "He's fast, mobile and can pass it really well. He can use both feet, he's composed..if you were to create a defender in the mould of how you would want one, this kid has got every attribute."

Given he's an England U-19 international, possibly somewhere similar to Devine/Scarlett in terms of development

Certainly would therefore think he could at worse be our 5th choice CB this coming season.

So Romero, 2 *CBs and one of Dier/Sanchez, plus this guy

Should be able to boot out Rodon or Tanganga now even before any signings

No chance we're signing 3 CBs this window. Paskotsi already covers that 5th choice super emergency spot (along with Davies and Royal able to job there)

I'd be pretty sure this would be one of our main 4, alongside Romero, Dier and say Tapsoba. It's a Foyth or a Wimmer signing

No chance we're signing 3 CBs this window. Paskotsi already covers that 5th choice super emergency spot (along with Davies and Royal able to job there)

I'd be pretty sure this would be one of our main 4, alongside Romero, Dier and say Tapsoba. It's a Foyth or a Wimmer signing

The mention via the person who leaked/reported it on Twitter said that this is completely separate to our first team signings

Paskotsi has never got near to a sniff of playing first team
I can’t work out why h hasn’t been given a chance but he just hasn’t…

Well he should be first choice next to Romero until we sign anyone else.

dier, tanganga, rodon and sanchez should be sent home immediately and all fined 5 weeks wages.

Paskotsi has never got near to a sniff of playing first team
I can’t work out why h hasn’t been given a chance but he just hasn’t…
3 words: Mourinho, Santo, Conte. Hopefully things are changing. Maybe just political that he couldnt go to australia ahead of Rodon and Tanganga?

Very good news if so and great that the club are finally starting to realise the value of having a good youth buying (and retention) policy after several years of neglect.

Note that here were my comments on him in another thread posted back in March....

When considering hot prospects at centre back who are very young, so looking 4 plus years into the future Ashley Phillips at Blackburn is probably the most exciting young defenders who are not already at a top club. He is big (6'4") fast and good on the ball. Still loads and loads of developing to do though so not guaranteed to make it but I'd be surprised if the teams that like to hoover up talent at this sort of age like Chelsea aren't already sniffing.

We now have three centre backs at the club in Romero, Phillips and Paskotsi.

All other senior so called ‘centre backs’ should be removed from training and fined.

Hopefully Tapsoba will arrive this week.

We now have three centre backs at the club in Romero, Phillips and Paskotsi.

All other senior so called ‘centre backs’ should be removed from training and fined.

Hopefully Tapsoba will arrive this week.

Phillips and Pastoksi are similar to Devine, Scarlett, Parrott etc. Better viewed in that light. Good group of players mind you

In terms of senior CBs for next season, still expecting Romero + 2 new signings + 1 of Dier/Sanchez/Tanganga

Phillips can then replace whichever of Dier/Sanchez/Tanganga remains next summer

Phillips and Pastoksi are similar to Devine, Scarlett, Parrott etc. Better viewed in that light. Good group of players mind you

In terms of senior CBs for next season, still expecting Romero + 2 new signings + 1 of Dier/Sanchez/Tanganga

Phillips can then replace whichever of Dier/Sanchez/Tanganga remains next summer

I’d rather use Rodon than them three.

Rodon is dreadful. I don't rate Dier, Sanchez or Tanganga but would put them comfortably above Rodon in the pecking order. He only made 16 appearances for the mighty Rennes in Ligue 1 last year
I wouldn’t put too much emphasis on how many appearances loanees make when there is no obligation to buy in the deal. Clubs often use loans simply to provide cover for their first choice player. Quite a few on here thought Danjuma was great yet he barely got a game for Spurs.

My Blackburn supporting friend reckons this kid "is the next JT" and should cost us £15m+

Hyperbole perhaps but for £3m seems a bit of a snip...

Rodon is dreadful. I don't rate Dier, Sanchez or Tanganga but would put them comfortably above Rodon in the pecking order. He only made 16 appearances for the mighty Rennes in Ligue 1 last year

I’m not saying he is the second coming but on what basis have you concluded he is dreadful or even worse than average?

Back