• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Arsenal ratings

Mumorn

Vic Buckingham
Lloris - 7

Nothing wrong with his performance today really. His kicking was poor at times but we all know this. Made an outstanding save to deny Walcott in the first half low to his right and another great save from Ozil late in the second half. He caught all crosses that came towards him and couldn't really do much for either goal really.

Walker - 7

Probably our best defender, probably could have done better for the first goal, but I mean Walcott shouldn't be dragging both defenders away. Constantly kept causing problems down the right with his pace, didn't really put any good balls into the box but at least he tries. I like his passion.

Dawson - 7

Don't think he was too bad really. I mean he headed clear, he slid when needed, few long balls here and there but I wouldn't say he really put a foot wrong, nothing that I can remember off the top of my head really, other than being dragged for the goal.

Chiriches - 6.5

I don't think he was his best today, too calm at times and lucky Arsenal didn't threaten us when he decided to give the ball to them in the second half on the edge of the box. Still though, silky footballer who is still young and it's good experience for him.

Rose - 4

Damn. Well I have been praising him at times this year, but today was inexcusable. No idea what the hell was running through his mind. You are last man on the half way line and you're trying to do a Cruyff turn on against a professional footballer playing for a team top of the Premier League. ****ing macaron.

Lennon - 6

Very quiet today, didn't seem to help out as much defensively, certainly not as much as the Man Utd game. It certainly wasn't one of his best games for us. He has rarely shown up at The Emirates though really. Onwards and upwards for Palace please Lennon.

Dembele - 6.5

Certainly not his best game either. Really let Wheelchair get to him in the first half, lucky not to be sent off after pushing his head towards Wilsheres face. I've seen people sent off for little than that. I don't think him and Bentaleb make a good partnership in the middle though to be fair.

Bentaleb - 6

It was a brave move for Sherwood to start him in this game but it wasn't the right one. He had a good first half, passing was good, think his pass completion was something like 94% and was always looking forward, second half though more mistakes crept in and that was bound to happen due to inexperience, his first FA Cup tie and first North London Derby. I like his fire though.

Eriksen - 6.5

Wasn't as good as he was against Man Utd, then again hardly anyone was, but his movement is brilliant. I so hoped he had scored early on, would have been a much better game and a brilliant moment for him. Set pieces weren't too bad at the start but they got progressively worse. Think he is a real good player though, love watching him play.

Adebayor - 5

Not sure if he's still feeling the effects of the cramps he received mid week or the pressure and jeering from the crowd got the better of him but he wasn't at it today. His touch was poor, he kept overdoing things, pointless flicks and tricks in needless places. Even when he turned to shoot and slipped over, pretty much summed his game up, glad it was in an FA Cup game though and hopefully we get the best Ade in the league.

Soldado - 7

I think he was our man of the match to be honest. That is saying something considering he went off with about 30+ minutes to go. In fact I don't get the substitute. It was the only sub Sherwood made and he decided to take our best player off for a left midfielder. Why not take one of Dembele/Bentaleb off and put Eriksen in the middle and Chadli on the left? Some real great touches today from Soldado, brilliant link up and hold up play, just wish one of his dragged shots ended up going in. Getting better by the week in my view.

I'd agree with that Mumorn, couple of brainfarts by our wingbacks for their goals. In addition I'd give Tim a 6, right motivation to get at them, but probably didn't take the right approach to nullify their attacking threat. And didn't try to change things at the end when opportunity presented itself, I bet he was thinking what for, let's rest for the next all important league game.

I'd agree with that Mumorn, couple of brainfarts by our wingbacks for their goals. In addition I'd give Tim a 6, right motivation to get at them, but probably didn't take the right approach to nullify their attacking threat. And didn't try to change things at the end when opportunity presented itself, I bet he was thinking what for, let's rest for the next all important league game.

Im really not a fan of this all in for league points attitude. I want us to get in the champions league for sure. But if every year our sole aim is just to get into a competition we have little chance of winning just for the money then its a real downer. Winning the FA Cup or the Europa league has to be an aim. We have a big enough squad to fight on two fronts when all our players are back.

Lloris - 7
Walker - 6
Dawson - 6
Chiriches - 6
Rose - 4

Lennon - 6
Dembele - 6
Bentaleb - 7
Eriksen - 6

Adebayor - 5
Soldado - 6

Chadli - 5

Sherwood - 3

Spurs fans - 2

Team looked leggy from the kick-off so all the more reason to question our four in midfield set up and just the one substitution for a tired team ? This is not a good sign and hence the poor rating for Sherwood

Thought Bentalab were our best player, well done to the young boy.

Our supporters get a two from me , merely for dipping into their pockets and turning up.
Have a sing song, jump around, show a bit of pride for your club. What a miserable lot.

Fans deserve a 0

BdKQBdQIIAAJQG9.jpg:large

Oh, and the ratings...

Lloris - 6.5 - did ok, nothing to save the game for us or whatever.

Walker - 6 - was ok, but I'm not sure what he was doing on their first goal

Dawson - 6.5 - see Lloris

Chiriches - 6.5 - as above

Rose - 4 - would have been a 5.5, as I thought he was bad in possession today even without the big error. With the big error, it was game over and he gets chopped down another notch. Disappointed in him since he's come back from injury to be honest, I'm a fan of Danny Rose too.

Lennon - 5.5 - not really good enough from him today, in key positions he played bad passes, didn't make enough good runs nor get involved. He's a senior player and needs to step up in games like this. He has been good in recent games though.

Dembele - 6.5 - a decent effort against their midfield

Bentaleb - 6.5 - as above

Eriksen - 6 - fluffed his lines and didn't pass the ball well enough. He's been very good lately, but today wasn't his day.

Adebayor - 6 - as above really. Tired? Maybe mindful to not get sent-off and played too much within himself? Not sure.

Soldado - 6 - was good on the ball again, but needs to get shooting boots on ASAP.

Sherwood - 6 - players didn't tackle with enough aggression imo and the sub didn't really work. But he didn't have many options today.

LB really needs to be a priority for us in the window.

It's been glaringly obvious in all the games since Vert has been injured, Rose is our weakest link by far.

Other players have off days, tired, adapting, Rose/Naughton are the ones that I look at and just go "not good enough for the team"

The game was lost as much by our woeful distribution as anything else. Too many players had an off-day

Lloris 5 - badly wrong-footed for their first and maybe should have been quicker out to Rosicky for the second, but there were also one or two good saves and his distribution was better than of late

Walker 6 - allowed Cazorla the freedom of the park for his goal and too often pushed the ball beyond both the last defender and himself when charging forward; other than, decent game

Dawson 6 - good at getting in the way as usual but abject distribution coming out of defence. Have always stoutly defended Daws up to now but it's becoming increasingly difficult to see how he can keep his place once Verts recovers from injury

Chiriches 5 - average

Rose 4 - unforgivable howler for Rosicky's goal, other than that got down the flank well but his crossing left far too much to be desired. Still believe there is a good player in their somewhere

Lennon 6 - always outnumbered by red shirts, he found it nigh on impossible to get in behind their well organised defence

Bentaleb 7 - looked composed on the ball apart from the odd c***-up, kept things flowing and looked increasingly our best player as the match progressed

Dembele 5 - once again unable to impose himself on the game, something he should be easily capable of

Eriksen 5 - far too many misplaced passes and wayward attempts at Hollywood balls

Adebayor 5 - embarrassing owned by the A*** defence most of the time

Soldado 3 - we know he has the talent to succeed eventually but right now he's looking more and more like our new Postiga / Rebrov

Subs

Chadli 6 - could do little to change the game

you utter c u n t - what the **** do you kmow about away support, you arm chair skid mark on society.
I'll take the warning thanks, but you should kill yourself.

Lloris - 7
Walker - 6
Dawson - 6
Chiriches - 6
Rose - 4

Lennon - 6
Dembele - 6
Bentaleb - 7
Eriksen - 6

Adebayor - 5
Soldado - 6

Chadli - 5

Sherwood - 3

Spurs fans - 2

Team looked leggy from the kick-off so all the more reason to question our four in midfield set up and just the one substitution for a tired team ? This is not a good sign and hence the poor rating for Sherwood

Thought Bentalab were our best player, well done to the young boy.

Our supporters get a two from me , merely for dipping into their pockets and turning up.
Have a sing song, jump around, show a bit of pride for your club. What a miserable lot.

Lloris 6.75 - Could have done better with the first, saved good shots, nothing he could do about the last.

Walker 6 - Worked hard, but bad delivery, left Cazorla free

Dawson 6 - better than before

Chiriches 6 - Decent but ****ed about a bit too much with the ball

Rose 4 - Schoolboy error and poor delivery

Lennon 4.5 - Didn't offer much offensively and his usual defensive shift was lacking

Bentaleb 5.5 Looked good on the ball but terrible defensively, not his fault, he's not ready for these games.

Dembele 7 - Our only effective presence in midfield and only one who looked like fighting, got tired as he was doing all the work

Eriksen 6 - A lot of key passes but failed to impose himself from the left.

Adebayor 5 - Played into the Arsenal game, he's ether too fired up for them or still has a love in for them and cannot play wel.

Soldado 5 - Should be asserting himself more in these games, but not enough of a threat.

Subs

Chadli 6 - could do little to change the game

Lloris: 6 - didn't do bad generally, made a few good saves but I think he should anticipate the across-goal shot for their first and his kicking is utter crap a lot of the time. Needs to work on that.

Walker: 6 - seen some people say he was good but he wasn't really. He kept getting caught out of position (as he always seems to against clever players like Cazorla), he's too easily manipulated by good footballers. Put in a good shift though.

Dawson: 6 - couple of mistakes, like Walker he gets too easily pulled out of position by good players. Even worse than Lloris at passing to a teammate despite being an outfield player. Did win some headers in fairness.

Chiriches: 5 - poor by his standards. Even more mistake-prone than the above two today. Still got confidence in him becoming a very good defender for us but he needs to be more consistent.

Rose: 3 - a ****ing mess with all due respect. No end product going forward and **** defensively. New left-back a big priority in the summer.

Lennon: 6 - he didn't dribble very well, lost it quite a bit but one thing I always commend him for is, even on a bad day, his selflessness at doing the dirty work so he gets a positive mark for that at least.

Dembele: 5 - for the good things he can do - running with the ball pass opponents, decent in the tackle - he needs to have more of an effect on games now seeing as he cost £15m and also needs to learn (if it ain't too late) that he is allowed to move off the ball.

Bentaleb: 5 - feel for him cos he was thrown in at the deep end but yeah, average performance, out of his depth today unfortunately.

Eriksen: 5 - some of his passing was rubbish for a so-called playmaker. Lacks pace which is a pretty important commodity when you're shunted out wide but I guess, in his defence, he is by no means a natural winger. Should have scored though.

Soldado: 5 - couple of nice flicks and tricks as always but you don't dish out £26m for that. Still struggling to justify even half his price tag for me, can't finish for toffee in a Spurs shirt.

Adebayor: 6 - a lot of people sitting next to me criticised him for his supposed lack of effort but I actually thought he did okay in that respect. His final ball, dribble etc. wasn't good enough but some of the stick he's got has been harsh.

So basically I thought the majority of our team stunk the place out truth be told.

Lloris - 7 - Thought he might have done better for the first goal, but generally very good

Walker - 6 - Out of position for the first goal, otherwise fairly solid and a threat down the right hand side. Looked like it was a penalty when he got taken out.

Dawson - 6 - Meh. Ok I guess...

Chiriches - 6 - As above

Rose - 4 - Had a few decent attacking runs, but was poor at the back and of course, that mistake..........

Lennon - 5 - Ineffective

Dembele - 6 - His strength and slow moving dribbling ability came in handy, but very little end product or cutting edge from him today

Bentaleb - 5 - Completed a lot of passes for sure...but nothing particularly good.

Eriksen - 5 - Tried to make things happen, but had a real off day today with too many wayward passes.

Soldado - 5 - Some neat link up play and good movement, but again, poor finishing.

Adebayor - 4 - Tried hard, but nothing came off today.

Chadli - 5 - Meh

Sherwood - 5 - Didn't have many options available to be honest. The only other things he could have done would have been to start either Chadli or Capoue. If Chadli had started and we lost there would have been an inquest into why he changed the 4-4-2 after a few successful games. Fair play to him for having a go and trying to take the game to Arsenal, that strategy should have worked in last season's game before Adebayor got sent off, but I really think Capoue should have started. You need a proper DM against a team like this. I wonder what would have happened if he'd left Soldado on the bench and started with a midfield trio of Dembele, Bentaleb and Capoue, with Eriksen adding the creativity from drifting out wide.

Ah well. Concentrate on the league and all that...

Lloris - 7 - Thought he might have done better for the first goal, but generally very good

Walker - 6 - Out of position for the first goal, otherwise fairly solid and a threat down the right hand side. Looked like it was a penalty when he got taken out.

Dawson - 6 - Meh. Ok I guess...

Chiriches - 6 - As above

Rose - 4 - Had a few decent attacking runs, but was poor at the back and of course, that mistake..........

Lennon - 5 - Ineffective

Dembele - 6 - His strength and slow moving dribbling ability came in handy, but very little end product or cutting edge from him today

Bentaleb - 5 - Completed a lot of passes for sure...but nothing particularly good.

Eriksen - 5 - Tried to make things happen, but had a real off day today with too many wayward passes.

Soldado - 5 - Some neat link up play and good movement, but again, poor finishing.

Adebayor - 4 - Tried hard, but nothing came off today.

Chadli - 5 - Meh

Sherwood - 5 - Didn't have many options available to be honest. The only other things he could have done would have been to start either Chadli or Capoue. If Chadli had started and we lost there would have been an inquest into why he changed the 4-4-2 after a few successful games. Fair play to him for having a go and trying to take the game to Arsenal, that strategy should have worked in last season's game before Adebayor got sent off, but I really think Capoue should have started. You need a proper DM against a team like this. I wonder what would have happened if he'd left Soldado on the bench and started with a midfield trio of Dembele, Bentaleb and Capoue, with Eriksen adding the creativity from drifting out wide.

Ah well. Concentrate on the league and all that...

Capoue was by passed so many times in our last game at the effeminates. He seemed more ponderous than Hudd really don't think he would have changed the game much.

Back