• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Are we in danger of doing a Wenger/Comolli?

Friedel, Cudicini, Gallas, Nelson, King, Parker, Defoe, Saha. All pensioners in footballing terms.

That's not what you said. You claimed that we had the oldest squad in the league, which we didn't.

Of the players that you listed Friedel, Gallas, Parker and Defoe were all excellent for us last season and Saha and Nielsen were stopgaps on short contracts who had been released by the time that Redknapp was sacked.

That's not what you said. You claimed that we had the oldest squad in the league, which we didn't.

Of the players that you listed Friedel, Gallas, Parker and Defoe were all excellent for us last season and Saha and Nielsen were stopgaps on short contracts who had been released by the time that Redknapp was sacked.

There was a stat around last season. The average age of our squad was something like 28.5, which was the oldest in league. Most clubs were around 26, with Arsenal at 24 IIRC.

SSN and ITV both had us older than Chelsea so I'm thinking that link isn't telling the truth.

SSN and ITV both had us older than Chelsea so I'm thinking that link isn't telling the truth.

Probably before Saha and Nelsen arrived and we shipped out some of our younger players in Jan. Think we finished, rather than started, the season as the oldest.

It's quite possible if the younger players we loaned out (Caulker, Townsend, Naughton etc) weren't included.

When you look at who we'd have as cover, it's also very young and inexperienced:

Naughton (23)
Caulker (20)
Rose (22)
Livermore (22)
Lennon (25)
Dos Santos (23)

Only Defoe (29) and Dawson (28) are experienced backup, and of course Parker once he's fit again.

All valid points... but I LOVE the fact you can no longer put 8 anywhere near a closed bracket ) these days without it turning into a fudging smiley!! 8)

If 'doing a Wenger' means we win a bunch of league titles, trophies and champions league every season, then I'm all for it

Back