• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Are We a Nice Club

I think you only have to look at the 'tone' in some of our departures to judge whether we have a 'special' atmosphere going on at the club...
many of our ex-players can't wait to have a dig as soon as they leave... not many have anything particularly positive to say about us once they've left... then you look at SOME of ArseAnal's departures, and it's like they need fudging counselling to get over NOT being at the club any more!!

History went out of the window years ago (I know that's 'deeper' than I originally meant) ...but sadly, it does only come down to MONEY... (hence China & Russia being able to attract some big-name players now) ...and probably location at a close second. London will ALWAYS be a pull... but you don't see Ade signing for West Ham or Fulham, so the first reason would probably over-ride the second!

I don't really agree with that. Most times it is players who weren't getting the playing time they thought they deserved and naturally they love to throw a dig at the old management team they left behind. That happens everywhere from Real Madrid down to Southend United. As a matter of fact most of them even say I loved the fans and the club just didn't see eye to eye with manager/chairman etc..

I think you only have to look at the 'tone' in some of our departures to judge whether we have a 'special' atmosphere going on at the club...
many of our ex-players can't wait to have a dig as soon as they leave... not many have anything particularly positive to say about us once they've left... then you look at SOME of ArseAnal's departures, and it's like they need fudging counselling to get over NOT being at the club any more!!

History went out of the window years ago (I know that's 'deeper' than I originally meant) ...but sadly, it does only come down to MONEY... (hence China & Russia being able to attract some big-name players now) ...and probably location at a close second. London will ALWAYS be a pull... but you don't see Ade signing for West Ham or Fulham, so the first reason would probably over-ride the second!

Players like Klinsmann, Ginola and Freund have made it clear that they still love Tottenham even years after leaving.

But yeah, on the whole, Arsenal do seem to have far more ex players who profess their love for the club than we do. Look at Henry and Fabregas for example. Having said that,it didn't stop both players leaving!

The difference being that most of the players who have a dig at us when they leave are players who were signed by one manager and frozen out by his replacement, Kranjcar being a notable exception, but Redknapp did stop picking him and he couldn't leave as quickly as he'd have liked because Levy wanted too much money for him.

Arsenal have had that stability with one manager being there long enough that a lot of Premier League players who hadn't even made their professional debuts when he took over there have now retired. Players who leave are usually leaving because they realised they'd never be good enough or because they outgrew the club and wanted to go. And Wenger is actually quite good at letting players who want to leave leave.

^ We don't want to admit it but we aren't in the same position as Arsenal. They can let players go when they want because for the most part they have an easy time replacing them with players of equal or slightly lower quality. They have actually been hurt a bit lately by this of late but they are still annually in the Champions League and much more established than us.

That being said I think Levy needs to lower his stance with fringe players. Why do we hang on to players like Niko, Gio, Bassong, jenas etc. who never get a game. It just makes the dressing room more uncomfortable and they just sit on our wage bill.

The difference being that most of the players who have a dig at us when they leave are players who were signed by one manager and frozen out by his replacement, Kranjcar being a notable exception, but Redknapp did stop picking him and he couldn't leave as quickly as he'd have liked because Levy wanted too much money for him.

asides from his comments with regards to Luka Modric - Krancjar spoke well of the Club when he left

asides from his comments with regards to Luka Modric - Krancjar spoke well of the Club when he left

Yes I actually remember reading an article where he said how much he loved the fans, and said when he wasn't playing regularly our support for him pushed him on

OP forgot to mention that Bale has also opted to stay despite interest from the top clubs insisting its because of his love for the club. Although a vastly improved pay offer may also have had something to do with it ...

Gareth decides not to Bale out

DEAL ME IN ... Gareth Bale has signed a new contract at Tottenham
By DAN KING
Published: 27th June 2012

GARETH BALE last night committed himself to Spurs — with Andre Villas-Boas set to be his new boss.
Bale signed a new four-year deal for £115,000 a week, considerably more than Barcelona offered.
He said: “I have been here five years and enjoyed every minute. The fans have been great to me and I’d love to repay them and do my very best for them.
“The club is progressing and I want to be a part of that, so it is great to get the deal done.
“I love the club and the fans and I want to play my part in trying to get us back into the Champions League where we belong.
“We have a good, young squad and we need to work together to get back on the biggest stage.
“I’m still learning and this is the perfect place for me to keep progressing.”
Despite reports of opposition from some players, Chelsea flop Villas-Boas is on the verge of replacing Harry Redknapp as boss.
Spurs’ announcement of a new manager is not expected before next week.
But it is unthinkable that 22-year-old Wales winger Bale, a target for Real Madrid and Barca, would have put pen to paper without having a good idea of who his new gaffer will be.
As recently as last week some sources believed he would be on his way out of White Hart Lane.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepag...ct-at-Tottenham-until-2016.html#ixzz24IpOzV5l

Yes, we are a bunch of pussies. We need to have a manager that will have a go at the ref if decisions dont go our way. I think we now have this manager!

spot on. we need someone who will tear into the officials before, during and after games. both jol and redknapp were far too soft in that regard. jol's reaction after the non goal at old trafford beggared belief. said something like it was one of those things and he was happy with a point.

if we want to start getting some of chelsea's decisions you have to put the fear of GHod into the officials so even if they make a mistake this week it'll be in the back of their mind for the next time they ref us

we're always near the top of the Fair Play League; Fair Play? Man up, this isn't a game, this is serious

Back