• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Apologies

El Guepardo

Rafael Van Der Vaart
Apologies for losing my head earlier & having a big rant about how disillusioned I am. Truth is, it was a bit knee jerk, there are definitely positive signs...but..there is still a long way to go. I don't like that our play is often predictable, we have no star player that can make things happen and we make basic mistakes at times, eg the marking for the Terry goal, so many players defending, almost holding hands, without covering anywhere but...

There are positive signs.

Dier has good potential, though he needs to be less rash.

Bentaleb is a very promising player, likewise Kane.

Eriksen needs to work on consistency but is very capable on his day. In fact, consistency often seems like one thing that the team need to work on,

We press well as a team & never believe that we are beaten. Our team works as a team & yes, Kane and Eriksen produce magical moments and yes, we need a player who can less the burden on them but, the team work and fitness has to be admired.

We have a system that with a bit of tweaking, more experience & a bit more creativity could really go places.

So a work in progress but there are seeds of positivity at the nucleus of the side.

Sorry again for my rants.

We just lost a cup final, you're allowed.

I was able to enjoy that game for the quality of our football up to the final third and first class spirit because I'd already written off our chances since -
  • we had just three days to recover from a Euro trip and a demoralising exit from the Europa at that
  • Chelsea had eight clear days to stay fresh and plan meticulously their revenge for our 5-3 win
  • we have lost momentum, were in a run of four games without a win going into the final, Chelsea had not lost in six
  • several key players have run out of steam of lost form in recent matches (Eriksen, Kane, Chadli)
  • we are a young team with no experience of handling finals, with the likes of Mourinho and Terry they know exactly how to win trophies
  • they have vastly more resources than us, they are not top of the PL for nothing

No worries mate. The second half was so frustrating that was easy to forget how good we were in the 1st half, among many other positives.

Once I cooled down I realised that deep down inside we were unlikely to win, afterall this is the best Chelsea side in ten years with some players nearly in double figures when it comes to trophies won. Sadly experiance truimphed over youth today but this team is very promising, as much as they frustrate the fook out of me at times I'm much more than happy to put the faith and time in for them than most Spurs sides we've had over the past twenty years.

Now we just need to move on and finish the season as well as we can, not concentrate on any targets, just a game by game basis where try to win as many games as possiible.

Apart from the two fluke goals I thought we smashed em. chin up mate, we are getting there. We got the luck in 2008, today was there turn. Arsenal will have no final this year, happy days!!

if you're a true blue spurs fan then you are *expected* to fall off the white and blue emotional roller coaster once in a while.
raising your arms, letting go of the handlebar, ceding control and letting the ride takes you can be exhilarating - just beware the higher-harder equation!

Back