• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Anyone remember that Bale chap?

So no chance of the Bale camp admitting that Bale hasn't quite lived up to his price tag so far and maybe taking even 1% of the responsibility then?

He earned his cost last season, very influential in the trophies/finals

His teammates never passed to him enough, many passes go to Ronaldo even if he's in a far worse position

The issue with Madrid this season is the midfield, Modric missed a major part and James/Kroos don't fit the balance as well as last season's setup. If Modric was fit all season, Madrid would be at least 4 points better off (and no one would be questioning anything), and Bale would likely have received more service and be better off as well.

fudging Levy should mortgage the house to get him back ..

His teammates never passed to him enough, many passes go to Ronaldo even if he's in a far worse position

The issue with Madrid this season is the midfield, Modric missed a major part and James/Kroos don't fit the balance as well as last season's setup. If Modric was fit all season, Madrid would be at least 4 points better off (and no one would be questioning anything), and Bale would likely have received more service and be better off as well.

fudgeing Levy should mortgage the house to get him back ..

Just seems like a lot of excuses to me. Footballers rarely admit responsibility for anything.

Even if he had cost half the money, you'd have to say he's been disappointing so far. He was utterly anonymous against Juve and Atletico. Had less touches of the ball than Casillas, you have to say he is partly to blame even if you do believe that there's a conspiracy against him to not pass to him.

Just seems like a lot of excuses to me. Footballers rarely admit responsibility for anything.

Even if he had cost half the money, you'd have to say he's been disappointing so far. He was utterly anonymous against Juve and Atletico. Had less touches of the ball than Casillas, you have to say he is partly to blame even if you do believe that there's a conspiracy against him to not pass to him.

Didn't he put in more yards than anyone else (or at least Ronaldo) in one or both those games though? Unless he starts tackling his own players there is only a certain amount of showing for the ball you can do (unless he has gone all Darren Bent and is deliberately running to get behind defenders all the time)

Didn't he put in more yards than anyone else (or at least Ronaldo) in one or both those games though? Unless he starts tackling his own players there is only a certain amount of showing for the ball you can do (unless he has gone all Darren Bent and is deliberately running to get behind defenders all the time)

I don't know, I haven't seen the stats. He was totally anonymous against Juve. At least he got himself into a great position in the first half against Atletico when he missed that 1 on 1.

fudgeing Levy should mortgage the house to get him back ..

Are you referring to Modric or Bale?!?!

Incredible? Really? 15 league goals is very good, but not "incredible" for an £85m player.

Yeah, incredible, I don't think the fee is relevant, a performance is a performance, how much did Messi cost Barca, you don't rate a player on his fee, you don't grade on a curve, well, I don't anyway.

Yeah, incredible, I don't think the fee is relevant, a performance is a performance, how much did Messi cost Barca, you don't rate a player on his fee, you don't grade on a curve, well, I don't anyway.

Of course it's relevant. If Chadli had cost £30m and Lamela £7m we'd all be saying Chadli doesn't do nearly enough for what we paid for him.

Of course it's relevant. If Chadli had cost £30m and Lamela £7m we'd all be saying Chadli doesn't do nearly enough for what we paid for him.

I believe it's different when the buying club have infinite funds

he should be rated on his on pitch performance, which imo, has him as a key part of their side since he joined

has he been as good as last season, no, but then neither have Ronaldo, Modric, Benzema or the rest of them

the stick he's getting isn't warranted

Last edited:

Doesn't surprise me that much. Ronaldo is always going to get the ball more often, he's a far better player, he's a better player in than every other player in the world except for Messi.

Those stats aside, I don't see him taking the ball and shooting from long range like he did succcessfully for Spurs. I suppose everyone in that dressing room is in fear of Ronaldo.

Whenever I've watched Real with Bale playing it is painfully obvious that even when in great positions the pass will normally go to Ronaldo, rather than Bale.

Given the option of Modric or Bale back I think I'd go for Modric...there I said it. Do your worst.
Without a doubt so would I, we miss Modric so much more.

Indeed, surely it's no coincidence that Tottenham' 2 highest league placings since the 1980s both occurred when Modric was a key component of our starting XI.

Christ that's depressing.

It certainly feels like a very long time ago that Spurs had one of the most feared attacks in the country.

Bmkfg1wIMAAxKSo.jpg:small

Indeed, surely it's no coincidence that Tottenham' 2 highest league placings since the 1980s both occurred when Modric was a key component of our starting XI.

He made us play and was the heartbeat of our team, its the same at Madrid fans can go on about Ronaldo, Bale etc but without Modric in the side they are not the same team.

Back