• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Anyone know employment law?

I need some advice and have trawled the web but just need some confirmation so to speak.

Basically I got a job a while ago and had signed a contract. I now, two weeks before starting want to terminate the contract - yes I know it is unethical etc but so much has happened in the last two months (I had to work three months notice) that I do not want the job anymore - circumstances beyond my control. Now I had one of two choices, turn up on the first day and hand in my one weeks notice (it is one week in the first month) or notify the new company that I do not want the job and risk legal ramifications - which I dont think they would do as they havent really incurred any costs except for recruitment which is contingent on me starting and as I havent started - the company is not liable to pay the agency etc.

Anyone ever terminated a contract before commencing employment? if so, any ramifications?

Any advice would be helpful.

You could just have some fun, turn up in a dress or a nazi outfit or just act like a complete nutter and freak people out.

You could just have some fun, turn up in a dress or a nazi outfit or just act like a complete nutter and freak people out.

haha it crossed my mind to turn up drunk but not too keen on having that on my career and employment record. Ill have no job mate.

haha it crossed my mind to turn up drunk but not too keen on having that on my career and employment record. Ill have no job mate.

How about do the first day give a weeks notice saying it was the wrong move for you and just call in sick for the last week. I guess in your circles people find out about stuff and it might not look good on your C.V. but i think some would respect you for being pro active and getting out early of a bad decision.

I think you should have gone to Japan i would love to get a job offer to go over there.

How about do the first day give a weeks notice saying it was the wrong move for you and just call in sick for the last week. I guess in your circles people find out about stuff and it might not look good on your C.V. but i think some would respect you for being pro active and getting out early of a bad decision.

I think you should have gone to Japan i would love to get a job offer to go over there.

That was a tough call that job but am happy I had rejected it. This one, I accepted then rejected which makes it even tougher and way more awkward

Well at least you had the option and good reasons for it. I'm still scrabbling around looking for something decent. Might just move internally at this rate, will set me back a year or so but it's far less hassle.

Back