• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

anyone had a problem with their achilles heel

@Ginolius Thanks for that, I have had some naproxen which seems to have helped but I know that will only be temporary. I have done a few stretched but am thinking of going to a yoga class in Brighton on Tuesday morning, one of the wifes friends goes there and said she would introduce me to the main guy, it is at the Brighton Buddhist meditation centre.

I am not religious but these guys seem to be healthy and I thought I would go to the place it all started. I need to change my life I think because it has been an absolute aarse trying to walk the last week.
Just remember that its one part of the yoga that worked for me - the long sessions of stretching and balancing, not the mediation, odd humming or self reflection ;-) also be careful not to overdo it just because you're around other people!

I'd also advocate a foam roller and learning how to use it -unless you can afford sports massages every day, in which case stick with that!

Good luck, absolutely rubbish injury!

So rsther than going back and finding it was further up my legs/back I got a foam roller and a lacrosse ball and started rolling out my legs and back as well as my feet (search for eric cressey foam roller for tutorials) and also started doing a lot of yoga (there aren't many more complete dynamic stretching and balancing routines out there, if you can ignore all the crappy meditation and mystic nonsense).
Great post, thanks Ginolius. I youtubed that fella... seems like a lot of effort that foam rolling. And right next to it was a video by a chap saying how most people do it wrong and shorten the muscles they're trying to lengthen and vice versa... plus I am an upright British citizen with a stiff upper lip... rolling about on the floor is just... not very... um... not very becoming. I'm not one for things like this / going to the gym, I have a high threshold for... hmm, how to put this... imagine Stephen Fry in lycra and you'd just think "what are you doing man, have some self respect". (I do not look like Stephen Fry). Ditto going to yoga, that is not really for me. I am too British. Ben, let me know how you get on.

The main thing for me is that I get bored within seconds, so I can do a hamstring stretch but within a second I'm thinking "bored, can't wait to stop, bored bored bored BORED". I just put my laptop on the floor and read a few articles whilst bending over from the waist, stretching my hamstrings old skool style. At least it got me into position for 5 minutes rather than 5 seconds.

Back