• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Antoine Griezmann

His release clause is about 21,000,000

I'm not sure whether you mention that just for the sake of info or as a possible reason why the story has no legs. But if it's the latter....

If we rate him highly, are genuinely interested in him and stand a chance of getting him, then £21m will be no obstacle. Last summer proved that. We have plenty of money and are unlikely to make more than three or four signings.

Can't think of a better LWF option for us. I'd take him over Kono.

But he'll have much bigger suitors than us if he's available.

Can't think of a better LWF option for us. I'd take him over Kono.

But he'll have much bigger suitors than us if he's available.
Like who? In England I can only think of Utd but I think LVG has plans for the Belgian kid and have been linked heavily with Depay

Arsenal don't need him, City don't, Liverpool don't, Chelsea don't but I guess that won't matter as we've seen before and they may as well add him to their 30 other attacking mids they already have :)

Abroad I only see Monaco going for him if they sell Rodriguez, everyone else who could afford him is well catered for in that position.

Like who? In England I can only think of Utd but I think LVG has plans for the Belgian kid and have been linked heavily with Depay

Arsenal don't need him, City don't, Liverpool don't, Chelsea don't but I guess that won't matter as we've seen before and they may as well add him to their 30 other attacking mids they already have :)

Abroad I only see Monaco going for him if they sell Rodriguez, everyone else who could afford him is well catered for in that position.

Thing is, it's sadly no longer a question of need for some clubs. They stockpile players for the sake of it - just in case a player turns out to be better than all the players they already have for that position or, more pertinently, to stop their rivals from buying said player.

And even more sadly, the players fall for it - attracted by the money and the glamour only to find themselves sitting on the bench or farmed out to clubs that aren't rivals to the club that bought them.

Athletico, Juve, Inter, Milan, Napoli, Bayern, PSG, Liverpool, Chelsea - one of them will stockpile him.
He's out of our league. Moving from Sociedad to us is pretty much a sideways move. As you hint at, as last resort Chelsea would buy him just to spite us.

Thing is, it's sadly no longer a question of need for some clubs. They stockpile players for the sake of it - just in case a player turns out to be better than all the players they already have for that position or, more pertinently, to stop their rivals from buying said player.

And even more sadly, the players fall for it - attracted by the money and the glamour only to find themselves sitting on the bench or farmed out to clubs that aren't rivals to the club that bought them.

Yep - that modern football. G14 reserve > than a star career at a second tier club.

Athletico, Juve, Inter, Milan, Napoli, Bayern, PSG, Liverpool, Chelsea - one of them will stockpile him.
He's out of our league. Moving from Sociedad to us is pretty much a sideways move. As you hint at, as last resort Chelsea would buy him just to spite us.

Yep - that modern football. G14 reserve > than a star career at a second tier club.

Agreed with all but the assertion that moving from Sociedad to Spurs is a sideways move.

Not even close! It would be a clear step up. Sociedad had one good season recently, finishing fourth, but they are essentially a mid table La Liga club (which recently had a spell in the second tier). Their honours list is somewhat threadbare by comparison to Spurs'. Their wage budget is less than a third of Spurs'. And their fan base is dwarfed by Spurs'.

But the chance to play with the French captain might persuade him.

Not sure if you're being sarcastic or not, but either way he's not going to knock back one of the big boys and announce some sort of massive desire to play in Lloris...

I'm not sure whether you mention that just for the sake of info or as a possible reason why the story has no legs. But if it's the latter....

If we rate him highly, are genuinely interested in him and stand a chance of getting him, then £21m will be no obstacle. Last summer proved that. We have plenty of money and are unlikely to make more than three or four signings.

I said it because it's cheap as chips and if we were even serious about getting him we should cough that up now. The guys a star.

Griezmann - Eriksen - Lamela

All interchanging in a fluid Pochettino system with solidarity in Dembele and Sandro behind them? Wow.

He has that fairly unusual combination of guile and pace.

I couldn't think of a more suitable 3rd amigo to counterpoise the two Eriks.

GHod, he would be ridiculous for us. This front four would be absolutely incredible, IMO.

Lamela-----Eriksen----Griezmann
-----------Soldado/Ade------------

That said, I'm not getting my hopes up. He's certainly been linked w/ much bigger clubs, but that 24 million pound buy-out is nothing for a player of his value. ****ing Ross McCormack went for 11 million pounds. AG is one of the best young talents in world football, who has been proving it for a few years.

In a lot of ways, I think a couple of years at Spurs would actually do him really well. He'd walk into the first team and get very good wages, while giving himself the platform to earn himself a spot at one of the biggest clubs in the world. Can't see it happening, but I also couldn't see Lamela happening either. Fingers crossed.

Excellent, excellent player. If €21m is the price and if we can get him then he'd be a fantastic signing. I would expect there to be some CL teams in for him though

If I started a thread, its because I believe we can. 100% a tottenham type player. Flair and skills, and a heart. A simple guy and top bloke. Only player to cry when France went out of the WC.

Big clubs will be after him, main rival will probably be Monaco who are selling James Rodriguez to Madrid for 50m.

Being mates with Hugo a big plus.

Back