• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Anthony Martial

I still can't believe United are gonna spunk 50m euros on another attacking player, especially as he isn't an out and out striker which they need!

So much for LVG being a guy that likes to come in and work with what he has at a club and implement his philosophy. I suppose when it's probably your last job that goes out the window...

I disagree about Falcao as he had a major injury issue before hand and was at the latter end of the age range

Agree re di Maria and even if he was deemed to have been poor he still created plenty

I still can't believe United are gonna spunk 50m euros on another attacking player, especially as he isn't an out and out striker which they need!

So much for LVG being a guy that likes to come in and work with what he has at a club and implement his philosophy. I suppose when it's probably your last job that goes out the window...

More like a kid at a candy store with unlimited pocket money.

So much for contractual obligations, I guess. He signs a new one in June, off to Man U anyway.

RIP Contracts. We hardly knew ye :(

With Monaco bombing out of the Champions League, I'm guessing the Man Utd offer was just too good to turn down.

As for the player himself... I doubt there was ever even a slight chance of him coming to us. We were just one of the clubs being used by his agent to whip up interest from richer clubs. imo.

From the BBC Football page...

"No Panic Signings says van Gaal" shouts one headline.

Followed by:

"Man Utd set to sign Martial for £36m"

(wherein we are informed that "Manchester United are set to sign a 19-year-old Monaco forward for £36m").

Back