• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Anthony Martial

How often does that sort of thing really happen though?

Its easy for us to link the two and have that seem logical, but the market suggests its just not that common.

Its easy for us to link the two and have that seem logical, but the market suggests its just not that common.

It definitely happens less often than it is mooted by journalists, but the Sanchez-Mkhitaryan swap is a very recent precedent from one party and the Sigurdsson-Davies swap is a fairly recent precedent from another.

It's my favourite of any scenarios which involve Toby leaving, which overall I'm unenthused about.

It's a clever way for both clubs to get rid of a player their fans love, but who has fallen out with their coach. No-one looses face. The key for us though is getting De Ligt as well as Martial, which the Blind transfer should help.

I know it does happen, the Davies/Siggy one sprung to mind, I just dont think it happens enough to be "expected".

Im less concerned about Toby leaving than I was. As good as he is I think defenders are replaceable in our set up, more so than other players.

Of course Id rather he stayed, but I wont be broken hearted if he goes.

And I do wonder what value there might be in holding him (even if to lose him cheap) while getting Martial all the same (even if paying big money).

To take a player from Utd without them getting their way could be a shift in things for us.

I think its exactly the sort of move we would make, Ive no doubt there is genuine interest in the deal on our side.

Its more the case of if we can pull it off or not.

I also think similar of Zaha, and suspect this would be an either/or situation, so perhaps its a bit of a merry go round waiting until one of the moves progresses...

I don't expect it to happen but it's the only way I can see it happening.

Will Man u sell us Martial. Absolutely not.

Will we sell them Toby. Absolutely not.

A swap deal that includes the players we both want..
Possibly, if both sides iron out the details.

Like I said, I get the logic. It both sides get what they want/save face, it makes a degree of sense.

I just think its not as likely to happen as, for example, nothing at all.

I don't expect it to happen but it's the only way I can see it happening.

Will Man u sell us Martial. Absolutely not.

Will we sell them Toby. Absolutely not.

A swap deal that includes the players we both want..
Possibly, if both sides iron out the details.

That's what has been going on all summer though isn't it. There's just been a dance going on. Both players slightly playing up. Feigned interest in Maguire and Zaha. Etc.

There's probably some tax-dodge reason for swapping players for a tenner rather than selling one for a gazillion and buying one for a gazillion... all that crap about amortisation over the course of the contract etc

It can certainly reflect well in the accounts.

Martial, for example, will have had his costs written down the last few years, so any major lump for him will represent a very tasty profit.

If they bought him for £50m on a 5 year deal, in the accounts they would amortise £10m a season (basic, for arguments sake).

So after 3 seasons his book value will be £20m. If we then bought him for £50m, while its exactly what they paid, it would be accounted as £30m profit.

Martial, for example, will have had his costs written down the last few years, so any major lump for him will represent a very tasty profit.

If they bought him for £50m on a 5 year deal, in the accounts they would amortise £10m a season (basic, for arguments sake).

So after 3 seasons his book value will be £20m. If we then bought him for £50m, while its exactly what they paid, it would be accounted as £30m profit.

I'm not really sure that account profit matters that much for most football club owners though

I dont know we can make that judgement.

"most" being what, exactly?

It would matter a lot to Levy, Im very sure. Not a jot to Sheik Mansour, I am also sure.

I would think the accounts are actually rather important to "most", to be honest.

That's what I mean, but the complete opposite. Maybe they don't want to register a £30m profit and pay tax on it, maybe they would rather swap players for a tenner and hide all the "profit"... tis a strange murky world

'MARTIAL SHOULD BE HERE'

Jose Mourinho has criticised Anthony Martial after Manchester United's 4-1 defeat to Liverpool in the United States.

Martial started both of United's opening matches on their pre-season tour of the US before being allowed to leave so he could attend the birth of his second child. However, while happy for the 22-year-old forward, Mourinho believes he should have returned to the tour.

Sky Sports News understands Martial has told United manager Jose Mourinho that he wants to leave the club, with Chelsea, Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund keen to sign him.

Mourinho said: "Anthony Martial has the baby and after the baby is born - beautiful baby, full of health, thank GHod - he should be here and he is not here.”

I really can't understand the way Mourinho publicly calls out his players so often yet many of them don't seem to mind. I read how determined Shaw is to stay now even though he's barely played and got ridiculed by his boss multiple times.

I really can't understand the way Mourinho publicly calls out his players so often yet many of them don't seem to mind. I read how determined Shaw is to stay now even though he's barely played and got ridiculed by his boss multiple times.

Mourinho does not worry about individual players!
I is all about him and his team.
He will spend or leave

stack-of-twenty-pound-notes-picture-id458136145

Back