• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Anthony Martial

MARTIAL TO JUVE?

Juventus may be willing to wait until Anthony Martial’s contract expires in 2019 to sign the forward for free, following a breakdown in valuation between the Italian giants and Manchester United, report Tuttosport.

The English side want £70m for Martial while Juventus are only willing to pay £53m.

UTD will have to deal with someone.

The whole world knows that Martial wants out (I read somewhere that they've not been able to agree on a contract for the last 8 months) and UTD can't afford to let him go for nothing next year.
He will likely go later in the window when Woodward gets desperate and lets him go for something closer to £55-60.

I can see us going for him. There are whispers about that he would be amenable to joining us, moreso than going to Italy.

I would love to see us sign him, i usually do not get involved in transfer speculation ( as much of it is brick) but this guy would be perfect for us.

The Mirror

Manchester United have rebuffed an enquiry from Tottenham Hotspur for wantaway star Anthony Martial.

The French ace, 22, wants to leave Old Trafford after growing unhappy with his role under Jose Mourinho during the 2017-18 season.

Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino is keen on taking Martial to north London this summer, reports the Manchester Evening News.

United agreed a fee rising to £56million with Monaco for his signature three years ago, and have thus far paid £44.4million.

But in the current market United value him far higher than both those figures and it's understood that they have told Spurs it will take 'silly money' to part with the forward.

United's brusque response to Spurs was inevitable after the two clubs failed to reach an agreement in talks over Toby Alderweireld. United opened negotiations with Tottenham in May with the intention of concluding a £55m deal for the 29-year-old but Spurs are holding out for considerably more.

Sources say Martial and Alderweireld's situations 'could rumble on and on', with the Belgian refusing to sign a new Tottenham contract. The transfer window for Premier League clubs to sign players closes in six weeks' time on August 9.

Despite United's stance, Jose Mourinho has said his policy is that if a player agitates he 'will never stop a player from leaving even if it is to a rival'.

Mourinho said the Alexis Sanchez and Henrikh Mkhitaryan swap deal was proof Premier League top six clubs should conduct transfer business between each other more often.

Both Alderweireld and Martial are technically out of contract next year but their deals include one-year options. Alderweireld's extension would automatically trigger a £25million release clause in 2019.

Spurs coach Mauricio Pochettino's admiration of Martial dates back to three years ago and just before he joined United on transfer deadline day. Martial signed a new contract with Monaco earlier that summer amid interest from Spurs but United saw off competition from Chelsea to sign the France international.

United have prepared for Martial's possible departure, having held informal talks with Chelsea winger Willian's representatives in May. They also hold a long-standing interest in Real Madrid's Gareth Bale.

Martial's agent, Philippe Lamboley said earlier this month: "After thinking about all the possibilities, Anthony wants to leave Manchester United.

"When Manchester United, which is the most powerful club in the world, does not find an agreement in eight months of negotiations, it is that it does not really want to make him an important player.

"It is a well-considered decision. He is under contract, United will have the last word and we will respect the decision of the club, it will go to the end of its commitment.

"We do not have the same vision on Anthony's future. Without the unconditional support of the fans, Anthony would have already asked to leave United.

"I will not comment on the consequences of the January transfer window. Everyone will have his opinion, I think he must resume the course of his career. The time has come."

Meaningful? Or just pearoostering before negotiations begin in earnest?

I'm actually starting to think that the whole Martial, Alder, De Ligt merry-go-round has been sorted out; and its just waiting for Alder to finish at the WC (as transfers when you are supposed to be focused on your national team is bad form) to finalise it all

When have United or Jose worried about that?

Didn’t Chelsea announce the Fabregas signing less than 24 hours before his first World Cup game in 2014?

Bayern Munich are the latest club to target Manchester United's £70m-rated winger Anthony Martial, according to the Star on Sunday.

The Bundesliga champions have reportedly held talks with representatives from the Frenchman’s camp.

The 22-year-old has come to Bayern’s attention as they search for a long-term replacement to wingers Arjen Robben and Franck Ribery.

Back