• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Anthony Martial

Are you being serious? Levy does listen to the fans and has gradually moved with the times. He may not surrender completely to a minority but i think he addresses the concerns of the majority.

I like levy but some fans really think he has no flaws. This being a forum means discussions can take place.

Discuss anything of course including Levy's faults BUT only when you know the full 'facts'. Not filling out your argument with media title tattle and opinion that is make believe and only serves to give your argument credibility.

Daniel Levy is a guy doing a job and as such he is by no means infallible, who is?
But when we get some complaining that, for example Joe Lewis does not spend his money and other such tosh, dont expect those who do not agree and see this gonad*s written, to stay quiet.

Discuss anything of course including Levy's faults BUT only when you know the full 'facts'. Not filling out your argument with media title tattle and opinion that is make believe and only serves to give your argument credibility.

Daniel Levy is a guy doing a job and as such he is by no means infallible, who is?
But when we get some complaining that, for example Joe Lewis does not spend his money and other such tosh, dont expect those who do not agree and see this gonads written, to stay quiet.

Makes a lot of sense when you put it like that. Let's just talk facts and not leaked stuff to the press or rumours from some respectable journos.

The facts are seldom available to the masses.

And i don't base my personal opinions on gutter press not that i need to clarify.

I look forward to the mods deleting opinion here and filter through the 5 posts on this forum that are actually factual.

Of course he has flaws. In what way has his transfer or wage policy changed? Sorry but if you believe we bid for Martial to appease the fans then you are misguided - how would a bid well below his value appease fans (as if they need to be anyway). Even more ridiculous to suggest he did it after reading some comments after the Danny Rose saga. And to top it all the likelihood is we haven't even bid for him at all....

25 mil according to a reputable manc forum misguided from their forum.

The "bid" alone shows How serious we when we are asking for silly money for our players.

Appease fans ... modric could have gone for more to Chelsea ... Danny knows there would have been a massive fall out. Again with bale to utd.

So you assume that danny didn't listen to rose after his spat and think we may have an issue here that the squad and fans feel ... i commend danny to even try to address it.

But like aguero this is just an exercise rather than genuine attempt in getting tis player.

The "bid" alone shows How serious we when we are asking for silly money for our players.

Appease fans ... modric could have gone for more to Chelsea ... Danny knows there would have been a massive fall out. Again with bale to utd.

So you assume that danny didn't listen to rose after his spat and think we may have an issue here that the squad and fans feel ... i commend danny to even try to address it.

But like aguero this is just an exercise rather than genuine attempt in getting tis player.
Modric didn't go to Chelsea because Levy doesn't deal with Chelsea since Arnesen that has nothing to do with a fans backlash. As for Bale going to Man U we just look not to sell to competitors where possible, I'm not sure what you think that has to do with worrying about the fans.

Danny Rose didn't say anything that anyone at the club Levy included doesn't already know. If you think Levy after this thought ' hold up, Rose has a point there I better do something quick' and then got on the phone and made a bid for Martial you're deluded. Like Poch keeps saying Spurs operate in a certain way, and have a plan and that we should all keep calm. If you think Rose or a bit of concern by fans is going to change the way Levy acts you couldn't be more wrong.....

Opening bids for a players are rarely anything other than a feeler. They are used just as an opening gambit. Man Utd either come back with 'no, not for sale' or 'make it £50 million'.... or however much. Emirates Marketing Project's first bid for Walker was nothing like the £50 to £54 million that they eventually paid.

Makes a lot of sense when you put it like that. Let's just talk facts and not leaked stuff to the press or rumours from some respectable journos.

The facts are seldom available to the masses.

And i don't base my personal opinions on gutter press not that i need to clarify.

I look forward to the mods deleting opinion here and filter through the 5 posts on this forum that are actually factual.

Now you can what you like about whatever takes your fancy and I'll defend your right to say it. But please dont expect people to not express their opinions regarding your 'views' also.

As for your silly comment regarding mods deleting members opinions we will just move on.

Opening bids for a players are rarely anything other than a feeler. They are used just as an opening gambit. Man Utd either come back with 'no, not for sale' or 'make it £50 million'.... or however much. Emirates Marketing Project's first bid for Walker was nothing like the £50 to £54 million that they eventually paid.

Totally agree, first bid is only to see if they will deal.
As no one else seems to be looking at him hopefully we can get him.

Completely agree but that is a pittance of a bid if we are to believe that they have roughly paid close to 60mil for him

Modric didn't go to Chelsea because Levy doesn't deal with Chelsea since Arnesen that has nothing to do with a fans backlash. As for Bale going to Man U we just look not to sell to competitors where possible, I'm not sure what you think that has to do with worrying about the fans.

Danny Rose didn't say anything that anyone at the club Levy included doesn't already know. If you think Levy after this thought ' hold up, Rose has a point there I better do something quick' and then got on the phone and made a bid for Martial you're deluded. Like Poch keeps saying Spurs operate in a certain way, and have a plan and that we should all keep calm. If you think Rose or a bit of concern by fans is going to change the way Levy acts you couldn't be more wrong.....

Hardly call it a bit of a concern you only have to look at spursofficial to see what fans would like. You would be wrong to assume levy does not take any of that in consideration.

Hardly call it a bit of a concern you only have to look at spursofficial to see what fans would like. You would be wrong to assume levy does not take any of that in consideration.
I'm not going to repeat myself but Levy isn't going to knee jerk into a bid for a player because of comments from fans. If and that's a big if, we did bid for Martial it's because Poch wants him and nothing else and are just putting the feelers out. Nothing more than that....

I'm not going to repeat myself but Levy isn't going to knee jerk into a bid for a player because of comments from fans. If and that's a big if, we did bid for Martial it's because Poch wants him and nothing else and are just putting the feelers out. Nothing more than that....

Not talking knee jerk at all. This situation has clearly been bubbling away for a little time. Rose ' interview was honest and not flippant.

Putting the feelers out... if poch wants him there must be a serious bid especially this late in the day

Completely agree but that is a pittance of a bid if we are to believe that they have roughly paid close to 60mil for him

But they havent paid that...even if those figures are to be believed, almost half of it was in add-ons and given Man U's and his performances since he arrived, it's a pretty safe bet to say that very few if any of those have been triggered

Would still need to buy sessegnon. Could see how we missed some pace today although ben played well.

rose for martial is cool

Tbh if we gave Rose + £10m/£15m I would still be pleased. I think Martial in our team would be devastating whether it be off the left or centrally interchanging with Kane. Its a player who is what, 22? Vast potential and very decent current ability too. Would be well worth the fee plus we would be ridding ourselves of a player who could now potentially cause unrest or be liable to feel the wrath of teammates although that's much less likely.

Not talking knee jerk at all. This situation has clearly been bubbling away for a little time. Rose ' interview was honest and not flippant.

Putting the feelers out... if poch wants him there must be a serious bid especially this late in the day

there's nearly three weeks of the transfer window left, its early days still

Tbh if we gave Rose + £10m/£15m I would still be pleased. I think Martial in our team would be devastating whether it be off the left or centrally interchanging with Kane. Its a player who is what, 22? Vast potential and very decent current ability too. Would be well worth the fee plus we would be ridding ourselves of a player who could now potentially cause unrest or be liable to feel the wrath of teammates although that's much less likely.

I think Martial is a triffic little player, you'd want him in your side.

Back