• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Another comparison

follow up question/........

how would the MANAGERS of each of those teams do with OUR team? Picturing the overall outlook of the team and its potential performance....do you think the team would perform better or worse overall?

So name the manager. and describe how you think he would peform with our team

Interesting idea

SAF - Much better. Set up very similar, but much more resilient and determined. huge mental fortitude and attacking intent.

Mancini - About the same. Would try and establish a strong defensive base, dont really have the players for it so form would be up and down. Good days, great - bad days, yuk. I think Mancini is a decent manager, better than the likes of Dalglish but we would not have the players to suit him IMO.

Wenger - Better. Would establish a strong 433 formation, well rehearsed and suiting our players. No doubt a bit suspect at the back but superb going forward.

Dalglish - About the same. Old school manager like Harry, square pegs in square holes, set them up, let them go...

To flip the question, how do you think Harry would do with the other clubs?

Man United: Friedel, Walker, Kaboul (Rio has injury issues), Vidic, BAE. Valencia (maybe Lennon), Modric, Parker, Bale, VDV, Rooney.

SAF with us makes us do what Man United did this year.

Emirates Marketing Project: Hart, Walker/Richards/Zabeletta (I can't decide, height, range of passing, defensive ability, pace, passing ability, intelligence, crossing, etc, all the skills... That's so hard), Kaboul, Kompany, BAE, Modric, Toure, Silva, Bale, Aguero fudge* (I can't decide if I want a Parker/Sandro/De Jong DM and to push Yaya forward or to put in VDV, Tevez or even Lennon and use two proper wings, because Bale on one wing means I need someone on the other wing, Silva/VDV/Modric will all drift inside... I could play a 4-3-3 with a drifter on the right wing but I think I'm in danger of picking a technically superior player and totally fudging my system up. I could play a narrow 4-2-3-1 and let Bale play on the right with another player that'll cut inside on the left wing and let the fullbacks go forward at all times for width, but I fudging hate that and Bale isn't useful if he can't cross for someone and Aguero isn't tall.. I can't fit him in this team without fudging it up royally. But wingers are a nice plan B.

Mancini - We finish third, a distance from 2nd and a distance from 4th... That's assuming we get this year's Mancini. If we get last year's Mancini we're playing Sandro and Parker in every match and probably having issues like they did under him at first... So we'd lose out on CL football. But this year's Mancini had to deal with insane player issues, our guys aren't like their players when it comes to going to Argentina or whatever.

Arsenal: Friedel, Walker (Sanga has been made to look really bad against certain players this season, Walker is faster but Sanga is the better crosser and I think Walker is better suited to this team's style of play), Kaboul, Vermaelen (goals as much as anything else vs Koswhateverhisnameis, plus Vermaelen dropped in form whenever he had a spell at LB, that fudged his season up), BAE, Lennon, Modric, Parker, Bale, VDV, RVP.

Wenger: Somehow his teams are always worth more than the sum of their parts. If his clone is managing Arsenal, we'd be 3rd just behind United, I think. I have no idea why, his tactics aren't great, his subs are predictable... I guess his philosophy and motivational skills are good, but they go on bad runs all the time. His biggest problem is his inability to spend money though, so with that part out of his hands, he'd do well. (If the board is stopping him from spending money, then he's a Moyes +1, in which case his reputation to manage on a low budget in France might have got him the Arsenal job. :p Although he got that club relegated eventually, but their chairman said it was because he had no money.)

Liverpool: Reina, Walker, Kaboul, possibly Skrtel/Agger if their passing is better than whatever the Spurs option for CB is, BAE (Enrique's form has dipped like crazy, in the first half of the season he'd have been in here), Lennon, Modric, Lucas (their best player by a million miles, although only slightly better than Parker or Sandro and Sandro may overtake him in a couple of years, ironic that their backup for Mascherano under Rafa is their superstar now, he had such a strong squad once), Bale, VDV, Ade (more goals than Suarez, more assists, can play up front on his own, not racist, why would anyone pick Suarez?).

KKKenny: This is so hard to judge. Liverpool made Roy look terrible when Roy lost players, didn't spend 125 mil, had Gerrard injured (when Gerrard was their one man), had a misfiring Torres and had a ton of other issues... But KKKenny is mr Liverpool... I think I'd cry if he acted like that in our press conferences though. I thought Harry looked terrible for trying to defend Steve Kean by saying "Blackburn's players are bad, they deserve to go down, Steve Kean couldn't have done anything to keep them up"... KKKenny's interviewing style is the worst I've ever seen.

But as for what he'd do... He is one of the few managers with a PL title, but he has failed spectacularly too... His tactical ability is hit and miss, he does some things right but some of the things he tries aren't properly understood by his players. Motivationally, he came in and made Liverpool play, but he's working with brick at the moment, his team selections are weird, but I'm sure he half scares them to death because playing for Liverpool means you should be challenging for titles, regardless of whether every player is brick, I'm convinced he demands excellence... But today he looked broken, I felt sorry for him for the first time during his interview today. I think he'd probably have us roughly where we are, maybe 6th but 10 points clear of 7th. Liverpool have had the 17th worst form since the turn of the year, if the season was the last 18 games or so, he'd be relegated... I can't say that he'd be doing amazingly, but he can make his players compete with big teams, despite his team being brick. What is he? But he's the opposite of Wenger, because he hasn't got the chance to ask his DoF to spend a lot of money on utter brick, he has the same advantage Wenger has, Harry made the right signings when the first window closed.

Saudi Sportswashing Machine: Krul? (Maybe, dodgy handling and I'm not sure about his distribution, but he's a top shot stopper. I think he's got to be ahead of Friedel because in the first half of the season, he made 3+ excellent saves every game), Walker, Kaboul, Colloccini, BAE, Lennon, Modric, Parker, Bale, VDV, Cisse (if he can play as a lone striker)/Ba (if he had his goalscoring form for the first half of the season throughout the entire season)/Ade (if the previous two can't do what I need them to do.)

That's fudging harsh on Saudi Sportswashing Machine, but even Pardew doesn't play 4-4-2, so I can't have Ba and Cisse and even if I could, Ba hasn't scored since Cisse arrived... Tiote is excellent, I feel bad for skipping him... The other choices were fairly easy for me.

Pardew: He's Harry mk2? A bit of a prat that says nice things and he actually learns from his mistakes... He has done amazingly well this season and is one of the candidates for manager of the season, but he managed where Harry managed and got the same kind of things... His big job was smaller than Harry's although he replaced someone fired when the side was mid table.... I think he's probably slightly better tactically than Harry, but he's fudging crazy when it comes to tactics sometimes too... As far as motivation and man management... They've been on quite a run, but I remember hearing about him standing on the sideline with his little notepad and just scrawling one word "overachieve". I have no clue what the fudge we'd end up with from Pardew... My first instinct is - probably 5th at the end of the season after being in this sort of dogfight for CL football which might go down to the last day... But I know he's capable of failing and fudging things up... This season though, he's been manager of the season. If he can get Saudi Sportswashing Machine to the same amount of points as us with all the issues he had (ACON, key injury, weaker squad, no Cisse until January), he should be able to get us 3rd....

I think that shows how highly I rate SAF, he's not even my #1 manager in the world, possibly only around 3rd-ish, it's hard to tell until the next United manager comes in and we see what another big name can do. Maybe it's just compared with other PL managers, but 3rd from Pardew in manager of the year form, 3rd from Wenger, Mancini... I didn't realize how highly I rated SAF until just now. :p

As for AVB: 3rd if he didn't do anything stupid, 5th or 6th if things didn't go well and everything totally fell to bits.

Di Matteo: It works only because he's at Chelsea, I think. If he had played for Spurs and done all those things for Spurs, been the Spurs assistant and done everything with Spurs, he might have had a chance... He's a good manager, he is achieving amazing things at Chelsea... His tactics are far better than Harry's, even if he is stubborn when it comes to a couple of things... His man management works at Chelsea, I have no idea what it'd do here... But most of all, he's lucky, retardedly lucky... But his style so far has revolved around rotation, then again, he's been in 2 cup competitions with an old squad.

Chelsea: Cech (better with feet than Friedel), Walker (yes, I know Ivanovic is probably the best defensive RB in the league but I want balance), Kaboul, Cahill (Terry is amazing in the air, but Kaboul wins the most aerial duels out of all defenders (possibly all players), so I have someone good in the air, but Terry is very slow and can't play a high line, he also seems very difficult to manage and creates controversy and unrest everywhere. He has talent, but fudge it, I'll have Cahill as a ball playing CB, Luiz is probably too much of a liability, although it'd be pretty to see him play the ball out with BAE.) (Picking Cahill fudging kills me too, I wanted Samba in January instead of Cahill and even then I would have used King at all times when fit), BAE. (fudge you Ashley Cole. Besides, BAE defends without protection all the time and you couldn't do it for a few games.), Lennon, Modric, Parker, Bale, Mata (just in ahead of Lampard and VDV), Drogba...

Swansea: Vorm (short but good with feet), Rangel (yes, that's right, I picked a RB that's worse defensively than Walker and not as quick either), Kaboul, Caulker (maybe, he was brick at RB vs Wolves, so we can't ever play him there, I don't know if he'll be able to pass his way out at Spurs, so this may come back to bite me), BAE, Britton, Modric, Hudds, Allen, VDV, Ade.

That is probably the most fudged up formation imaginable and that team would suck and not win anything, but I can't resist it. I really can't.... 4-2-3-1 with Rangel and BAE as attacking full backs, Britton and Hudds hold, Modric, VDV and Allen are a sort of free flowing 3 that interchange positions and the entire team can pass with the exception of Kaboul and to a lesser extent Ade... I could maybe throw in a fake 9 and put King in there instead of Kaboul assuming he could play to a half decent level, but I think that team would be even worse. But it would be pretty damn it.

You can see from my other selections that Silva, Mata and other technical or passing players got the nod, so although I know this is stupid fan mentality instead of winning mentality, I would love this fudging team. I only just realized at this point, after that last sentence that I didn't include Bale.. That's how blinded I am by that team... So my Swansea mash up shouldn't be taken seriously, but fudge the rest of the league, I'm having all the possession and my defence doesn't even need to be good, it just needs to be good enough to keep a clean sheet against a team with 20% possession. Kaboul and Caulker or King and Caulker should be able to do that. BAE and Rangel can keep the ball, Vorm is excellent with his feet... Modric, Allen, VDV and Britton are passing masters and will have insane accurate with all short passes, VDV will get my goals and hopefully Allen might chip in... Hudds will probably be one of the weaker short passers in the team, that's how good the team is at passing, but he will free any wide player in space... It would be soooooooooo beautiful. I have height, technical ability and a system... I'm totally in love with this team despite it being worse than our current Spurs team.

follow up question/........

how would the MANAGERS of each of those teams do with OUR team? Picturing the overall outlook of the team and its potential performance....do you think the team would perform better or worse overall?

So name the manager. and describe how you think he would peform with our team

Ferguson = better
Wenger = better
Mancini = better
Di Matteo = same
Dalglish = worse
Pardew = same

For what it's worth, I think AVB might well be worth a punt of he could survive the media...whoever comes in (if we don't make the CL) is going to get slaughtered by the media very early unless they have the same reach-around as the current manager...

Back