• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Android help

SpursLodge

Nicola Berti
I've bought the wife a Galaxy tab, she was just trying to view a restaurant menu and she can't open the PDF file, it just wants to save it instead of opening it. Is there any way of just opening the file in the browser?

I believe that you have to download PDFs and view them in a reader app. That is certainly what I have always done.

If you have Adobe Reader installed it should just open?

Nope, I've got adobe reader installed and I've tried it on both the default browser and dolphin browser and still it just tries to save the file. Doesn't even pop up with the option to open in another app, I could live with that but having to save it first and then go and find it on my memory stick just to view a restaurant menu or something is ridiculous.

Nope, I've got adobe reader installed and I've tried it on both the default browser and dolphin browser and still it just tries to save the file. Doesn't even pop up with the option to open in another app, I could live with that but having to save it first and then go and find it on my memory stick just to view a restaurant menu or something is ridiculous.

Whenever I have downloaded a PDF it has given me the option of opening it in the Kindle app straight away, I have never had to find the file.

Doesn't the download appear in your notifications bar? (Top of screen, drag down to open).

Yeah it does, it's all just a bit awkward. On my ipad I click the link on a web page and it just shows me the PDF which is obviously much nicer.

Back