• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andre Villas-Boas - Head Coach

adrian duram having a field day on avb on talksport

He always does.

It's because he knows there's plenty of white van man Spurs fans who will ring in and argue the toss with him; it's the Court Jester / Shock-Jock path of 'journalism'. I listen to him for comedic value; anyone who takes him seriously needs to look at themselves!

I have a strong feeling Commoli will make an appearance somewhere.

I got the impression Levy never really wanted to get rid of him in the first place but was forced to due to the terrible form at the time.

I don't remember Redknapp ever being called Head Coach. I may be wrong though.

Does it? I dont think so, necessarily.

Its just a label. In todays game where often the club is managed by committee its probably more appropriate than "manager". It doesnt indicate a DOF is forthcoming though.

I'm surrounded by Gooners at work and they are absolutely loving this. They seem to think the gap will be huge between us this season.

Andre I wish you the very best of luck.

I hope I'm proved very wrong about AVB.

According to Durham we will be closer to the bottom 3 than the top 3 this year. Because of AVB. fudging lol.

Worrying this was, I was seriously close to ringing in and trying to ridicule him. Luckily sense prevailed.

I have a strong feeling Commoli will make an appearance somewhere.

I got the impression Levy never really wanted to get rid of him in the first place but was forced to due to the terrible form at the time.

I don't remember Redknapp ever being called Head Coach. I may be wrong though.

I can't see it.

AVB is somewhat tainted goods after his most recent experience in England. Commolli even more so.

I can't believe that Levy would be brave enough to put both of them together.

I'm surrounded by Gooners at work and they are absolutely loving this. They seem to think the gap will be huge between us this season.

Just tell them to worry about their own club and what might happen if RVP leaves.

I just can't believe how many idiots (I'm going to call them that, because the amount of times this has happened before shows people don't learn) take the 'OMG! HE FAILED AT A CLUB SO HE MUST BE brick!!' approach to analysing a new manager. Managers fail all the time and go on to be a success elsewhere. It's because everything is a gamble, and all you can do is ensure that manager is the right one for the club. I've not read a single thing that makes me think AVB isn't right for us to be honest. Everything seems to fit, and we've gotten ourselves a bargain.

I can see Brendan Rodgers struggling though. He 'FAILED AT READING!!!!111!!!!' but was successful at Swansea where he had the players to play his way. He goes to Liverpool having to incorporate players like Carroll, Gerrard, Downing, Henderson etc who were signed for big money and won't be easily moved out in order to get his own players in. I'm sure he will try to incorporate them and they will probably get 6th, but it's always better to work with a consistent plan that runs right through the club where you can do your own thing.

And AVB is coming to us at the perfect time. He is at the stage where we have a good young core of players that seem suited to play how he wants. We have also just released a lot of older players, freeing up wages, sold and will sell a lot of deadwood, freeing up funds. Any players he doesn't like can be moved on fairly easily because they weren't signed for massive fees and there's no reason to keep them on. He therefore has the space in the squad to sign who he wants, to play how he wants, and there's not really any reason why he can't work with us.

Only slight worry is that at Porto he seemed to rely on sheer motivation to extract improvements in some performances. He would simply demand that the players improved at half time, and was able to get his players to achieve it. I hope he can continue that here. No reason why not - I just hope he does.

According to Durham we will be closer to the bottom 3 than the top 3 this year. Because of AVB. fudging lol.

Worrying this was, I was seriously close to ringing in and trying to ridicule him. Luckily sense prevailed.

I'd like him to back his crap up with a bet of £10k to charity.

Comolli will never set foot in Spurs again in an official capacity.

Levy absolutely wanted to get rid of him, and his subsequent disaster at Pool proved it was the right decision.

It's only in the minds of some Spurs fans that somehow DC achieved anything but almost total failure

Would be fairly incredible if we finished above Arsenal the upcoming season, I think the gap would be there no matter what manager we had in charge when we now lose our best and most important player.

Personally happy to see AVB as our manager, I think we have exciting times ahead. I really do hope we go back to having a clearly defined, long-term transfer strategy again.

Was reading on a diff forum how levy apparently had AVB lined up for a couple months, and had him scouting players for the club. Now this sounded like a load of tosh to me personally, but i think someone on here said he had been out scouting in Brazil recently, could it be possible?? Would levy really have approached someone else again before the previous man is gone?

Comolli will never set foot in Spurs again in an official capacity.

Levy absolutely wanted to get rid of him, and his subsequent disaster at Pool proved it was the right decision.

It's only in the minds of some Spurs fans that somehow DC achieved anything but almost total failure

while i agree that he will never return to Spurs i think there's plenty to back up that his long term signings here were a success and it was his short term failings that ultimately saw him out of a job. to label him as an 'almost total failure' when looking at the whole picture is pretty wide of the mark imo

I just can't believe how many idiots (I'm going to call them that, because the amount of times this has happened before shows people don't learn) take the 'OMG! HE FAILED AT A CLUB SO HE MUST BE brick!!' approach to analysing a new manager. Managers fail all the time and go on to be a success elsewhere. It's because everything is a gamble, and all you can do is ensure that manager is the right one for the club. I've not read a single thing that makes me think AVB isn't right for us to be honest. Everything seems to fit, and we've gotten ourselves a bargain.

I can see Brendan Rodgers struggling though. He 'FAILED AT READING!!!!111!!!!' but was successful at Swansea where he had the players to play his way. He goes to Liverpool having to incorporate players like Carroll, Gerrard, Downing, Henderson etc who were signed for big money and won't be easily moved out in order to get his own players in. I'm sure he will try to incorporate them and they will probably get 6th, but it's always better to work with a consistent plan that runs right through the club where you can do your own thing.

And AVB is coming to us at the perfect time. He is at the stage where we have a good young core of players that seem suited to play how he wants. We have also just released a lot of older players, freeing up wages, sold and will sell a lot of deadwood, freeing up funds. Any players he doesn't like can be moved on fairly easily because they weren't signed for massive fees and there's no reason to keep them on. He therefore has the space in the squad to sign who he wants, to play how he wants, and there's not really any reason why he can't work with us.

Only slight worry is that at Porto he seemed to rely on sheer motivation to extract improvements in some performances. He would simply demand that the players improved at half time, and was able to get his players to achieve it. I hope he can continue that here. No reason why not - I just hope he does.

That's a good post.

I think these first few months are all important for AVB. He needs to sell his footballing philosophy to the players and obviously get them to buy into it 100%. He needs to win their respect immediately or we are likely to see a repeat of the Chelsea debacle in one shape or another.

He should make VDV the captain as he is effectively the leader on the pitch in my opinion. It's a move which might buy him some time too.

Anyone else happy that other fans and other pundits/ex players are almost writing AVB off already and saying how it's a poor appointment etc?.. lets prove them wrong, make some great signings and shut them up on the football pitch.

Sure, if we are 1 point worse off than we were at some stage last season they'll write him about how it's 1 point etc. but fudge them. we are in this for the long haul, let us be the team they are all talking about.

I dont really know how anyone can predict how he'll do right now as we dont know what team/squad he'll have. The fact he is in early is a good start and having a new manager with fresh ideas can also boost a team but again you cant predict with any certainty how the players will respond.

Certainly, Arsenal fans shouldnt be gloating when its likely that RVP is going and again you cant predict how his replacements will perform. Its funny how much more grief you get from them now.

Another pic. Not sure if it's been posted yet? Saw it on the comments section of the Spurs facebook page:

548107_10150936962267946_409694103_n.jpg

Back