• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andre Villas-Boas - Head Coach

You have to laugh at those who say AVB is stripping the club of its players, are these the same fans who have been screaming out for the club to offload the deadwood for the last couple of seasons. Talk about double standards.

Chicken then why did we get rid of Redknapp if we are not going to get Champs league this season? HR left us with a decent squad, 4-5-4 AVB should be able to better HR or why get rid? You can see why non -spurs people laugh at us. Where's Moonlit Knight when you need him - he would love this argument?

Redknapp had done all he could with Spurs. AVB could take us further, but because he is new there's this thing called transition. We don't like it as Spurs fans, partly because it's a word we see every third season, and partly because we expect perfection. Every game is must win, and every player we must rate as at least 8/10 otherwise it is FAIL.

As part of transition we might do a teeny weeny bit worse than before. But the idea is, once the dust as settled, we then start doing better than before. But what you hope to see is progress..... better performances on the pitch, greater evidence of team, players brought in with a long term plan (not OAPs on a six month contract) and players developing in their roles.

I'm suggesting that AVB is going to be judged over a number of seasons, not just one. That maybe sixth this year would be ok with Levy IF it looks like we're going on to bigger and better in the years after that. It's not really rocket science, is it?

As for us being the butt of some kind of joke, well that's going to be mainly due to blowing a massive lead in third and getting squeezed out of the CL league. And the responsibility for that one lies mainly at the feet of Happy Harry. As much as I appreciate the CL run of two years ago, last seasons capitulation was unforgivable.

Of course, there is the other gag, you know the one about Spurs fans thinking they are a top four club, have a divine right to expect CL football etc, but you wouldn't be interested in that one, would you?

Last edited:
I have to be honest Robspur, I think you and I look at football from fundamentally different viewpoints.

First point, "Manically...", sorry mate - that is rubbish. "Manic" is the last word I would consider when looking at it.

He has cleared out clutter, none of which is effecting the first team.

He gets Vertonghen, something required with Kings retirement.

He is losing Modric through no fault of his own (and clearly he rates him, considering Chelsea trying to get him)

He has supplemented the attacking areas with Sigurdsson

He has brought Ade in permantenly after he became integral to the side last year.

What exactly is manic? The team that started on Saturday had 1 player not here last season!

What methods from Chelsea are you worrying about? So far ALL feedback has been positive (so his terrible man management hasnt materialised) and the changes being made to the team/system seem to be bedding in - suggestive of successful training methods.

What is giving cause for worry?

A squad with one striker, only 2 wingers, three CBs (one of which is 35), goal keepers with a combined age of 127 (I made that up) and a huge amount of dead wood doesnt need an overhaul?

It needs to be trimmed down from its bloated state and it needs KEY additions to be made for the continuity of the team.

As it happens, to date, his "overhaul" has barely effected the first team compared to Harrys preferred 11.

it seems to me a lot of posters on here over the past X amount of seasons having been crying out for us to 'shift the deadwood' and now that it seems we are finally starting to trim our squad down half of us are up in arms over it.

deadwood is obviously overly harsh on Huddelstone and Dawson who i don't consider bad players btw

Chicken thanks for your response at least it was respectful. This is the last post I'm going to make on this as clearly I'm on a hiding to nothing.

I disliked HR and wanted him out of my club mainly for non football reasons which have been done to death. That said except for the period at the end of last season I recognised that he was an incredibly successful manager by our recent standards. Therefore to get rid, logic would suggest we would have to bring in someone who could be at least or more successful otherwise we would be going back wards in football terms. Moreover HR was replaced by someone who when he was sacked his former employers went on to great success whether the 2 are linked is open to argument. So to be honest this season as AVB was not my first choice I felt the jury was out and still is. That does not mean I will not give him a chance. Hell I nearly warmed to HR. So when he joins and then proceeds to sell the former captain and heart of our side and loan out a very good midfielder before having the chance to see them perform competitively alarm bells rang. These were not fringe players but former regulars. It appeared that it was Chelsea all over again. If it isn't and I'm wrong wonderful because I cannot dislike him more than I dislike HR and I will get behind him. But I suspect those who talk about long term and transition if he loses 5 games in a row or takes 2 points from 8 games will be giving him hell.

Chicken thanks for your response at least it was respectful. This is the last post I'm going to make on this as clearly I'm on a hiding to nothing.

I disliked HR and wanted him out of my club mainly for non football reasons which have been done to death. That said except for the period at the end of last season I recognised that he was an incredibly successful manager by our recent standards. Therefore to get rid, logic would suggest we would have to bring in someone who could be at least or more successful otherwise we would be going back wards in football terms. Moreover HR was replaced by someone who when he was sacked his former employers went on to great success whether the 2 are linked is open to argument. So to be honest this season as AVB was not my first choice I felt the jury was out and still is. That does not mean I will not give him a chance. Hell I nearly warmed to HR. So when he joins and then proceeds to sell the former captain and heart of our side and loan out a very good midfielder before having the chance to see them perform competitively alarm bells rang. These were not fringe players but former regulars. It appeared that it was Chelsea all over again. If it isn't and I'm wrong wonderful because I cannot dislike him more than I dislike HR and I will get behind him. But I suspect those who talk about long term and transition if he loses 5 games in a row or takes 2 points from 8 games will be giving him hell.

It most definitely is out. Even if he is here for the next five years the jury will likely still be out.

Former regulars. Yes. Players who used to be good enough for the first team, but are no longer and have therefore become fringe players.

Rob - I appreciate that selling Daws and Hudd won't sit well amongst a lot of Spurs fans. I'm not entirely happy with it but I can see the reasoning behind it. Essentially, they are no longer key players for the club and to be fair, neither of them have been so for a couple of seasons now. We have to back AVB as a long term project and now is the time to sell these two.... or at least have out on loan. Chelsea was a solute for AVB but one factor was the players on te periphery becoming too influential.

If we are bottom at Christmas then I will probably look back at these months as a mistake. But I am optimistic about the signs, we played well against Saudi Sportswashing Machine I thought and alright against Liverpool in that friendly. Mood seems good in the squad, AVB seems happy and even these players leaving aren't kicking off. So if it goes wrong it goes wrong, but if it comes off then we are looking at an amazing project indeed.

Quite the opposite, I would have thought.

The problem at Chelsea was that AVB tried to change the style of play WITHOUT shifting the old guard who were unsuited to that style of play. It meant for unhappy players who weren't getting games but who were still in the dressing room poisoning the atmosphere.

Apparently AVB wants to sell the Bill Nicholson statue to subsidise Carlton Cole's wages and has agreed to re-brand the club to incorporate our main colour as red to appeal to the Chinese market

billyiddo;187797[B said:
]it seems to me a lot of posters on here over the past X amount of seasons having been crying out for us to 'shift the deadwood' and now that it seems we are finally starting to trim our squad down half of us are up in arms over it.[/B]

deadwood is obviously overly harsh on Huddelstone and Dawson who i don't consider bad players btw

Dead right, talk about double standards.

Back