• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Andre Villas-Boas - Head Coach

Is anybody else sick and tired of being asked "so what do you think of AVB then?" by fans of other clubs?

Or in other words "AVB must be brick cos of wot happened at Chelsea. You must be gutted"

Back him Levy in January. Top 4 is definitely possible this season again and Arsenal will not do a Chelsea.

He was the one I wanted after Redknapp. He did a few worrying things in the first few months and of course things are nowhere near perfect but I think he's been doing a great job so far.
This. If we want CL football this year we have to consolidate our position with some quality players in Jan.

This. If we want CL football this year we have to consolidate our position with some quality players in Jan.

We've said the exact same thing three years running. I agree btw but sadly I don't see us spending too much.

This run were having will probably just convince Levy that we don't need to strengthen which is wrong because our bench is too thin.

Last edited:
So would you go for a striker or a creative midfielder?

Very hard mate to answer that.

Firstly i have a lot of faith in Sigurdsson if he started games so i have to take that into consideration. I'm a big fan of Ade when he's on form but his finishing of course could be much better but we're not going to get a striker of significant quality in January imo. It's very difficult to answer but if pushed i would prefer a creative midfielder or attacking right/central midfielder in January i think (i don't actually think we're gonna sign anyone though).

Very hard mate to answer that.

Firstly i have a lot of faith in Sigurdsson if he started games so i have to take that into consideration. I'm a big fan of Ade when he's on form but his finishing of course could be much better but we're not going to get a striker of significant quality in January imo. It's very difficult to answer but if pushed i would prefer a creative midfielder or attacking right/central midfielder in January i think (i don't actually think we're gonna sign anyone though).

While I almost agree, having Siggy/Benny/Parker back in team will add to a good squad already ...

There is something about a quality signing at this point that will show ambition, lift the team, show Levy backing AVB, show us not being content with "competing for 4th"

I will go on a limb and say regardless of who does/doesn't come in (and frankly, I tend to believe the noise from the club) I think this manager, and our current set-up, is far more likely to remain consistent than we have for the last two half-seasons. We will need some luck with injuries, like any club, but the way in which we're playing is excellent with regards to controlling matches. We could do with Ade having a breakout, I think it will happen...other than the last few mins today, we have defended with confidence and a high line very successfully the last 4 matches, I think pennies are dropping...and we have addressed the late goals issue it would appear. Excellent. I will say I think Lloris has had a lot to do with it, his work today was strong IMO...GREAT that Verts got a rest, hope we rest Dembele, Sandro and Bale at the weekend...

I will go on a limb and say regardless of who does/doesn't come in (and frankly, I tend to believe the noise from the club) I think this manager, and our current set-up, is far more likely to remain consistent than we have for the last two half-seasons. We will need some luck with injuries, like any club, but the way in which we're playing is excellent with regards to controlling matches. We could do with Ade having a breakout, I think it will happen...other than the last few mins today, we have defended with confidence and a high line very successfully the last 4 matches, I think pennies are dropping...and we have addressed the late goals issue it would appear. Excellent. I will say I think Lloris has had a lot to do with it, his work today was strong IMO...GREAT that Verts got a rest, hope we rest Dembele, Sandro and Bale at the weekend...

Do you think we'll sign anyone in January?

Do you think we'll sign anyone in January?

Sadly I don't, unless Ade does a u-turn when I'd expect a frantic scramble.
But no, I don't see it.
I think they've concluded that the squad is strong enough versus the improvements which "could" be made versus the prices in Jan. I think the summer will see some things happening.
Just my opinion mate...

Sadly I don't, unless Ade does a u-turn when I'd expect a frantic scramble.
But no, I don't see it.
I think they've concluded that the squad is strong enough versus the improvements which "could" be made versus the prices in Jan. I think the summer will see some things happening.
Just my opinion mate...

then sadly i don't think we'll maintain this throughout the season and it would be because we failed (again) in January.

We've said the exact same thing three years running. I agree btw but sadly I don't see us spending too much.

This run were having will probably just convince Levy that we don't need to strengthen which is wrong because our bench is too thin.

Are you ever in a good mood?

As for the thin bench quote..our bench today may not have impressed you but it impressed me. Dempsey came on and showed us the future IMO.

I said this in the transfer thread we need one striker and i mean top notch striker. None of this fudgein benteke bull brick. I want the real deal - may cost a fair bit but I think CL is def on with another striker. I love defoe but we do need world class. Ade is shockingly bas in front of goal and he wasnt all that great last season (although still scored goals). Splash out on a striker.

If there is additional money available then a creative midfielder/passer is needed but that could possibly wait till summer.

AVB is doing extremely well away from home its just home that concerns me but im starting to sound like a broken record so ill stop with that. He has done wel.

There were moments today when we looked like Brazil! Don't know how much is the coaching, and how much is the setup, but there always seems to be a pass on, and the players are taking it. Pass and move football. It just looks so easy at times!

Perhaps that's why we were so poor at the end of games earlier this season? Players busting a gut to get in position to receive a pass, which leaves them knackered after 85 minutes? Hopefully AVB will continue to develop a continental passing game and, as the players get used to it, it'll become much easier for them? As in, less energy wasted once they know, by instinct, exactly where they should be?

How much do you want to spend on a striker who will sit on the bench?

Who says they would sit on the bench? You wouldn't wanna sign Ba, Llorente or Huntelaar? You do realise were down to one striker if Defoe or Adebayor gets injured? The rest of the squad is fine apart from a creative midfielder. I'm not talking about massive wholesale changes.

Back