• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

All time high all time high all time high

Danishfurniturelover

the prettiest spice girl
Fick you w*nking cnut hole cnuts who ever doubted it.

You smug sanctimonious know it all who spent years talking down to us true believers all along.

Haha cry yourselves to sleep tonight eating your tesco ready meals. Fcuking stupid sheep to afraid to think for yourselves.

While we at it and I'm in the mood to tell you some home truths, the moon landings were faked as well.

BELIEVE IN BITCOIN

You smug sanctimonious know it all who spent years talking down to us true believers all along.

Haha cry yourselves to sleep tonight eating your tesco ready meals. Fcuking stupid sheep to afraid to think for yourselves.

While we at it and I'm in the mood to tell you some home truths, the moon landings were faked as well.

BELIEVE IN BITCOIN
I'm between jobs at the minute but just scraped some profits. Will keep me going nicely for a few months without stressing about what's next

BELIEVE IN BITCOIN
Treat yourself to some new posh custard

Why has it gone up?
Because we believed

Because its halvening us coming up, because banks are buying. Because anyone with any intelligence could see it was the future.

Just checked on one of my smaller coins, bonk which is on solana and that I brought at £100 is now £6,500.

The amount of i have to say it fcuking idiots on here who kept slagging it off.

Cry into your tesco brand cornflakes. Peasants.

:p

The question is: when to sell and take profits. Someone pays somewhere.

An interesting question is whether more people are using bitcoins for real transactions. And I think the answer is yes, they are. But it is probably not many more people, with the vast majority of buys being speculators looking for profits. Hard to quantify. However, Russian sanctions and people avoiding taxation will have created more genuine bitcoin or stable coin users - people who actually use the currency for day to day needs.

Much of this genuine use is semi-legal, and has an environmental impact, but at least it is some proof of concept. Not just speculation.

Nevertheless selling at the right time and taking profits before the true mugs take the hit is the art form here. Because this is driven by speculation primarily, let’s not kid ourselves.

I often wonder when people go on for years how something is going to go to zero ever admit there wrong.

Whether they ever have the guts to admit to be wrong. Answer is usually no.

I often wonder when people go on for years how something is going to go to zero ever admit there wrong.

Is it still horrible for the environment? And still a massive Ponzi scheme with no product behind it? Its glorified Monopoly money at the end of the day and the amount of energy it consumes is ridiculous. Just one transaction uses the same amount of energy as the average US household does in something like 50 days. It uses more energy than some entire countries.

Reactions: jrh
Is it still horrible for the environment? And still a massive Ponzi scheme with no product behind it? Its glorified Monopoly money at the end of the day and the amount of energy it consumes is ridiculous. Just one transaction uses the same amount of energy as the average US household does in something like 50 days. It uses more energy than some entire countries.
Get rid of those houses. Not bitcoin, the path to freedon

People bang on about the energy consumption of Bitcoin, yet cry about their own currency being debased by government printing and crying about the price of a tin of beans. I try and separate Bitcoin from ”Crypto”. Bitcoin has several properties that make it unique. There’s money to be made (and lost) in Crypto Including BTC. It’s risk and reward. Bitcoin has been the best performing asset over the last 10 years, that’s a fact. But i wouldn’t be lumping everything into BTC now, I would set aside a small amount I could afford to lose and buy a small amount of alts. Good luck to all and don’t round trip your pile to less than you started with.. many do.

The question is: when to sell and take profits. Someone pays somewhere.

An interesting question is whether more people are using bitcoins for real transactions. And I think the answer is yes, they are. But it is probably not many more people, with the vast majority of buys being speculators looking for profits. Hard to quantify. However, Russian sanctions and people avoiding taxation will have created more genuine bitcoin or stable coin users - people who actually use the currency for day to day needs.

Much of this genuine use is semi-legal, and has an environmental impact, but at least it is some proof of concept. Not just speculation.

Nevertheless selling at the right time and taking profits before the true mugs take the hit is the art form here. Because this is driven by speculation primarily, let’s not kid ourselves.
Looking at the Weekly chart it has hit the high that it has been at twice before, from trading candlestick patterns I would wait to see how the weekly candlestick closes and if it closes strong bullish I would definitely hold - if it closes bearish I would think about taking profits but of course depends at what price you purchased.

But from a fundamental perspective, if you are happy to hold BTC for a longer amount of time I definitely would as the big banks are now involved and they will likely drive price much higher in the not too distant future. Like with anything I guess it depends what your investment objectives were when purchasing BTC....

Looking at the Weekly chart it has hit the high that it has been at twice before, from trading candlestick patterns I would wait to see how the weekly candlestick closes and if it closes strong bullish I would definitely hold - if it closes bearish I would think about taking profits but of course depends at what price you purchased.

But from a fundamental perspective, if you are happy to hold BTC for a longer amount of time I definitely would as the big banks are now involved and they will likely drive price much higher in the not too distant future. Like with anything I guess it depends what your investment objectives were when purchasing BTC....

Re. Holding longer. Most other currencies or commodities people invest in probably have a higher proportion of transactions that are not speculative. For example, people buying dollars are in the main doing so to buy things. Maybe importing good bought in dollars etc and to do so they have to enter the market and purchase those dollars.

In the case of gold which is maybe closer to what bitcoin tries to be, there are many many actual uses of gold from phones, laptops, all sorts of machinery and of course jewellery. It has intrinsic value, even though it is a store of wealth and say 70% of gold purchases are speculative ie not people who want to use gold for something.

Bitcoin. It is hard to quantify the percentage that are buying to use it to pay for something. Online drug purchases, hacker ransoms, transacting with people in Russia, those who want to avoid nation state taxes…there are plenty of uses cases where people use these currencies. But it must be less than 10% of cases. Probably less than 1% idk. Will google it…see if there is some guesstimates.

Without having real use underpinning demand it will invariably make bitcoin volatile. 95% of holders are speculators looking to play the market. They’ll jump in on the way up and all be ready to sell on the way out. The halving thing seems like a cue to ride the wave up. But it will crash again. Banks taking a commission won’t offset that imo.

Re. Holding longer. Most other currencies or commodities people invest in probably have a higher proportion of transactions that are not speculative. For example, people buying dollars are in the main doing so to buy things. Maybe importing good bought in dollars etc and to do so they have to enter the market and purchase those dollars.

In the case of gold which is maybe closer to what bitcoin tries to be, there are many many actual uses of gold from phones, laptops, all sorts of machinery and of course jewellery. It has intrinsic value, even though it is a store of wealth and say 70% of gold purchases are speculative ie not people who want to use gold for something.

Bitcoin. It is hard to quantify the percentage that are buying to use it to pay for something. Online drug purchases, hacker ransoms, transacting with people in Russia, those who want to avoid nation state taxes…there are plenty of uses cases where people use these currencies. But it must be less than 10% of cases. Probably less than 1% idk. Will google it…see if there is some guesstimates.

Without having real use underpinning demand it will invariably make bitcoin volatile. 95% of holders are speculators looking to play the market. They’ll jump in on the way up and all be ready to sell on the way out. The halving thing seems like a cue to ride the wave up. But it will crash again. Banks taking a commission won’t offset that imo.
Fair points raised. the volatility will reduce over time, if you look at the net inflows following the etf approval from the likes of Blackrock, Fidelity and the rest, it’s huge. The bigger the asset, the higher the liquidity and the volatility will dampen over time as it’s harder to move the price.. but I expect volatility over the next 3/6/9/12 months as the dynamics of the halving take place. What will be interesting is how the next cycle is after that. But I will continue to DCA while banks continue to print. As far as utility, yes Gold acts as a store of value and has some use cases but try selling or moving physical gold (not paper gold) quickly. It’s also not clear how much gold there really is, therefore it’s true scarcity is unknown. Bitcoin is hard, immutable, has no borders and about to become even scarcer.
I’m not trying to convince anyone to jump in, especially now, just offer some balance.

As someone who is very risk adverse with their money I do at times feel as if I have lost out when I see stories like your own.
That is balanced out by the thought that the stress and worry would probably kill me.
I have some investments and my pensions and I don't even look at them, the money goes away every month, I know roughly what I will have when I retire in 6 years time.
I applaud your outlook, I'm even slightly jealous, but it’s not for everyone.

As someone who is very risk adverse with their money I do at times feel as if I have lost out when I see stories like your own.
That is balanced out by the thought that the stress and worry would probably kill me.
I have some investments and my pensions and I don't even look at them, the money goes away every month, I know roughly what I will have when I retire in 6 years time.
I applaud your outlook, I'm even slightly jealous, but it’s not for everyone.
When it changed for me was years ago when I was getting 17 quid interest off of an isa. Thought I could do better.

Boy was I right.

If you scrolled back through the buy the dip thread you would see how I was posting years ago about being on the freetrade app. My holdings in Rolls Royce are very very very good.

Had to be disciplined for a few years. But it would pay for my next round of stem cell treatment. Will be giving Tom our son his own flat as a 21st birthday present in a couple of years.

The were quite a few on here, not you. But a few who were almost roostery and very condescending in how they spoke. So I guess for the first time in my life. I'm trolling.

YOU WERE ALL WRONG

Fair points raised. the volatility will reduce over time, if you look at the net inflows following the etf approval from the likes of Blackrock, Fidelity and the rest, it’s huge. The bigger the asset, the higher the liquidity and the volatility will dampen over time as it’s harder to move the price.. but I expect volatility over the next 3/6/9/12 months as the dynamics of the halving take place. What will be interesting is how the next cycle is after that. But I will continue to DCA while banks continue to print. As far as utility, yes Gold acts as a store of value and has some use cases but try selling or moving physical gold (not paper gold) quickly. It’s also not clear how much gold there really is, therefore it’s true scarcity is unknown. Bitcoin is hard, immutable, has no borders and about to become even scarcer.
I’m not trying to convince anyone to jump in, especially now, just offer some balance.

Only if the currency is increasingly used for something. If is not, it will remain being based upon speculation. People buying in globally. And there are plenty of believers across the globe. Enough to sustain various ups. This isn't contentious in any way. It is obvious no?

Only if the currency is increasingly used for something. If is not, it will remain being based upon speculation. People buying in globally. And there are plenty of believers across the globe. Enough to sustain various ups. This isn't contentious in any way. It is obvious no?
You keep raising the point of crypto being used in the real world but did you know that there is a huge amount of people using crypto debit cards and using them for their everyday spending? It's not 2010 where coffee shops have stickers in the window saying "We accept Bitcoin" anymore. People have their Bitcoin, ETH or whatever and they are using their cards the same way People use Revolut cards (which convert to local currency at point of payment etc). The crypto space has evolved, not as quick as some expected sure but you'd be surprised.

Back