• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

All or Nothing - spoilers

So why does he keep asking them to press high only for them to totally ignore him?

Sorry, I'm asking whether he has a record of implementing a pressing system before as it could be he just hasn't correctly coached the players to play that way - if pressing tactics are part of The New Mourinho then it's to be proven whether he's capable of playing that way

Sorry, I'm asking whether he has a record of implementing a pressing system before as it could be he just hasn't correctly coached the players to play that way - if pressing tactics are part of The New Mourinho then it's to be proven whether he's capable of playing that way
He or them?

He says it’s constantly in the documentary too

I know thats not what I am saying

You cant counter and press at the same time, he says he likes both, constantly says he likes both. He ranted last year in interviews about playing counters, in the Doc he says he wants a press.

For me to ask for both is a conflict, you press to win the ball high up pitch, you counter from the back giving up possession.

Maybe thats why we look devoid of ideas, confusion

Exactly
It’s odd

They either can't do it any more due to being run down/past it or Mourinho doesn't know how to implement the pressing tactic effectively or a combination of both.

That's why i asked if Mourinho has a record of playing that way before as if he did then it's more likely there's a problem on the players side otherwise it just looks like he doesn't know what he's doing.

They either can't do it any more due to being run down/past it or Mourinho doesn't know how to implement the pressing tactic effectively or a combination of both.

That's why i asked if Mourinho has a record of playing that way before as if he did then it's more likely there's a problem on the players side otherwise it just looks like he doesn't know what he's doing.
Or the players are lazy as he said
I mean they were really casual and lazy yesterday, which even the most ardent fan can’t argue with

Or the players are lazy as he said
I mean they were really casual and lazy yesterday, which even the most ardent fan can’t argue with

If we had seen anything close to pressing from us under Mourinho I'd be inclined to agree but until he shows he can get the players playing that type of game the jury is out as to whether he knows how to. Otherwise it just sounds like he's shifting the blame

If we had seen anything close to pressing from us under Mourinho I'd be inclined to agree but until he shows he can get the players playing that type of game the jury is out as to whether he knows how to. Otherwise it just sounds like he's shifting the blame
Maybe but he said it from day one on the doc
Maybe it’s because we still have so many players that were here from Pochs time and stopped playing and pressing for him
I mean there were 9 of them on the pitch from that era and they were IMO inferior to the new guys in work rate to a man

Maybe but he said it from day one on the doc
Maybe it’s because we still have so many players that were here from Pochs time and stopped playing and pressing for him
I mean there were 9 of them on the pitch from that era and they were IMO inferior to the new guys in work rate to a man

I could stand in front of cameras and say i want to implement style X Y or Z, but unless i actually show that i can do it then it doesn't mean anything.

I don't watch the documentary as i follow a club not a soap opera but the fact you say he's been talking about a pressing game since day one is actually quite frightening if that is correct and that is how he has been trying to get us to play.

I could stand in front of cameras and say i want to implement style X Y or Z, but unless i actually show that i can do it then it doesn't mean anything.

I don't watch the documentary as i follow a club not a soap opera but the fact you say he's been talking about a pressing game since day one is actually quite frightening if that is correct and that is what he has been trying to get us playing.
Oh it’s correct
As I say maybe the issue is that the players that let a Poch down by being lazy and not working and still here. And there also the ones that didn’t work hard enough yesterday for Jose
It needs a clean sweep but that needs money which thanks to Covid we don’t have now

so we’re ducked basically unless the players have attitude change

to give you some context of the mentality of the players, Jose calls them in to review a few games in video. One player turns the TV off before he gets in thinking it’s funny. He wasn’t impressed as you can imagine

I love how Levy keeps going on about ‘people forget we’ve spent £140m net this year’, as it’s conveniently fallen in the financial year.

Yes, what about the net spend the other five years?! I get the stadium monies, but investment doesn’t exist in isolation in financial years!

As others have said, I love Levy, but I really don’t think he comes off that well in this. Completely in Mourinho’s thrall and I doubt he’s able to challenge him properly.

I recall under Poch players talking about being constantly drilled, with each player knowing exactly where to be and where to move to at any given time based on where other players were positioned. The press only worked when everyone knew their part to play and everyone played their part.
Mourinho saying “you have to press” at half time doesn’t really mean anything unless the players have been drilled to do that in training. And if they have, it should be second nature when they’re on the pitch. It clearly isn’t, so are they not doing it in training?

I recall under Poch players talking about being constantly drilled, with each player knowing exactly where to be and where to move to at any given time based on where other players were positioned. The press only worked when everyone knew their part to play and everyone played their part.
Mourinho saying “you have to press” at half time doesn’t really mean anything unless the players have been drilled to do that in training. And if they have, it should be second nature when they’re on the pitch. It clearly isn’t, so are they not doing it in training?
On the show they don’t show any drills
He refused for them to show that he said

I think the attack is really suffering from no drills in practice.
When we break they don't know what to do, they don't know where runners are going, which player is where or any of that.
The break with son Harry and dele yesterday was a prime example, son couldn't make his mind up who or where to pass it to, by the time he worked it out it was to late.
We've went from being overly drilled to the point of paralysis to not not knowing what we are doing.

You cant counter and press at the same time, he says he likes both, constantly says he likes both. He ranted last year in interviews about playing counters, in the Doc he says he wants a press.
A team might choose to press like crazy for 5 seconds like Barca, to try to win the ball high, then if that fails, fall back into a low block.
We don't do that, though.

The intro to Ep7 shows us losing to Red Bull Leipzig without Son nor Kane and Jose describes us as a gun with no bullets... so I guess on Sunday we had the bullets, we had the grip, but no barrel.

Back