• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Alex Inglethorpe

Would you care to back that up with some evidence or should we put it into Gutter Boy's the made up stuff file?

AVB and Sherwood have been briefing the press against each other for weeks now. E.g.

AVB: "In the way we want to build I think Daniel Levy sees Tim continuing as technical co-ordinator, working with the development squad...but for me...it is better to have a director of football...The director of football can have contacts with players and agents, as well as bridging the gap with youth football and with the scouting structure"

Translation: I want a proper DoF and Sherwood is not up to the job

AVB: "It would not be up to me to say yes or no. It would be up to the club and Tim."

Translation: Just bugger off to Blackburn

Sherwood: Richard Keys ‏- "Tim Sherwood told us today Spurs were tired - over trained -and unhappy with AVB"

Translation: Im being alienated and need to undermine him.

There's only going to be one winner in this kind of power struggle - Levy has to back his manager.

One thing you have to give Brendon Rodgers a lot of credit for this season is integrating talented youth players to the first team. Sterling, Suso and Shelvey look like good quality premier league players (the first 2 have massive potential) and that Wisdom kid they plat at LB looks pretty good too.

AVB and Sherwood have been briefing the press against each other for weeks now. E.g.

AVB: "In the way we want to build I think Daniel Levy sees Tim continuing as technical co-ordinator, working with the development squad...but for me...it is better to have a director of football...The director of football can have contacts with players and agents, as well as bridging the gap with youth football and with the scouting structure"

AVB: "It would not be up to me to say yes or no. It would be up to the club and Tim."

Sherwood: Richard Keys ‏- "Tim Sherwood told us today Spurs were tired - over trained -and unhappy with AVB"

There's only going to be one winner in this kind of power struggle - Levy has to back his manager.

Not going to bother with your translations, but that last quote never happened. Keys was reading some brick stirring article in a paper, saw a picture of Sherwood and voila: 2+2=7

Your translations are what you want to hear, not what people are actually saying.

Not going to bother with your translations, but that last quote never happened. Keys was reading some brick stirring article in a paper, saw a picture of Sherwood and voila: 2+2=7

That's just too farcical. Keys just blabbed his source (he and Sherwood are mates after all) and Sherwood got caught out. If we'd've lost to United, as expected, Sherwood probably wouldn't even have bothered asking Keys to try to cover up. Remember Sherwood also has previous on this - he was Hoddle's assasin.

Isn't McDermott this one in charge? Its possible the ones leaving are looking for promotions elsewhere.

yeah mcdermott is the 1 who is in charge of the academy, overseeing all the youth ages up to u18. there was an interesting article with him talking about the academy and inglethorpe possibly getting promoted and he basically said no as the job he has is what hes good at and wouldnt neccesarily be good at a higher level, something along those lines anyway. its a good read if somebody can be bothered to dig it up

That's just too farcical. Keys just blabbed his source (he and Sherwood are mates after all) and Sherwood got caught out. If we'd've lost to United, as expected, Sherwood probably wouldn't even have bothered asking Keys to try to cover up. Remember Sherwood also has previous on this - he was Hoddle's assasin.

You have an agenda when it comes to these things, so it's not really worth trying to discuss it.

I've said it before but I have had face to face conversations with real people at the club including ossie ardiles, mike rollo and a few others whose names I can't remember. They all said that Sherwood is bing groomed by the club. I don't know why, but he is highly regarded

This was all prior to AVB and was over the last two seasons and I wouldn't be suprised one but if he left but we don't know what goes on behind closed doors one bit!!!!

yeah mcdermott is the 1 who is in charge of the academy, overseeing all the youth ages up to u18. there was an interesting article with him talking about the academy and inglethorpe possibly getting promoted and he basically said no as the job he has is what hes good at and wouldnt neccesarily be good at a higher level, something along those lines anyway. its a good read if somebody can be bothered to dig it up

I remember that as well.

I could be wrong, but with the new training centre, the resources being put into the youth work and results we seem to be getting I would be a bit surprised if Levy wasn't able to keep hold of Inglethorpe if he was seen as essential for us to continue that youth work.

I've said it before but I have had face to face conversations with real people at the club including ossie ardiles, mike rollo and a few others whose names I can't remember. They all said that Sherwood is bing groomed by the club. I don't know why, but he is highly regarded

This was all prior to AVB and was over the last two seasons and I wouldn't be suprised one but if he left but we don't know what goes on behind closed doors one bit!!!!

I've heard the same thing. Sherwood getting promoted in the summer and AVB only having responsibility for the first team squad suggest that little has changed and that this is a figment of GB's imagination.

You have an agenda when it comes to these things, so it's not really worth trying to discuss it.

He made some reasonable points, to be fair

Plus the first two quotes in his 'translation' are rather telling, even if we leave the TalkSport rubbish out of it

Out of interest - why are so many against a DOF structure - after all, the majority of those players secured 2 Top 4 finishes for us and a season in the Champions League while two of them have since been sold for nearly £70m and featured at the very cream of world football.

Last edited:
He made some reasonable points, to be fair

Plus the first two quotes in his 'translation' are rather telling, even if we leave the TalkSport rubbish out of it

Out of interest - why are so many against a DOF structure - after all, the majority of those players secured 2 Top 4 finishes for us and a season in the Champions League while two of them have since been sold for nearly £70m and featured at the very cream of world football.

This thread isn't about DoF structure, Arcy, if you want to discuss that bump one of the countless other threads on it.

Back