• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Alan Gilzean

We are Tottenham

Kasey Keller
Re: Gilzean...Gizean......

I had the pleasure of seeing Alan Gilzean partner both Jimmy Greaves and Martin Chivers.

He was undoubtedly one of Tottenham's finest players.

Sadly, Gilly now wants nothing to do with Spurs these days and he prefers to keep a very low profile up in Scotland.

I had the pleasure of seeing Alan Gilzean partner both Jimmy Greaves and Martin Chivers.

He was undoubtedly one of Tottenham's finest players.

Sadly, Gilly now wants nothing to do with Spurs these days and he prefers to keep a very low profile up in Scotland.

Why is this?

Was anyone else expecting the first post to be

"I'm begging of you, please don't take my man"? :-"

Why is this?

There's a recent book published: In Search of Alan Gilzean: The Lost Legacy of a Dundee and Spurs Legend which goes into great detail about why Gilly has turned his back on football.

If you get a chance to read it, it's a fascinating book.

Nice to hear that he was at White Hart Lane today for the first time in many years.

I had another 'bruised chin' moment when Paul Coyte introduced Gilly to us at half time today; what a player he was!? Another true Spurs legend, in every sense of the word.

Last edited:
My dad was delighted when I rang him afterwards and told him Gilly was on the pitch, one of his favourite players

Great player, adapted his game over the years, he was good with Jimmy yes but for me when he played in the same side as Chivers and Peters he was exceptional, I can remember one season off the top of my head when Chivers bagged 44, Peters bagged 22 and Gilly around the 17 mark, golden years.

Even with players like Greaves, Chivers etc playing, when I was a lad kicking a football about, I was always Gilzean.

Superb player.

Best picture I could find from Sunday...

A1280.jpg

...there must be better ones out there..

Back