• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Advice on getting around Europe in late June/early July

awesome dawson

Mitchell Thomas
Does anyone have any suggestions of the best way in terms of ease and value of getting around Europe this summer?

I need to visit Toulouse, Brussels and Stuttgart, maybe another couple of places too. All within about ten days. I remember the inter-rail was an option, flights don't seem too cheap maybe because of the Euros.

Any help appreciated :)

Interrail is the best bet and good value, you can get sleeper trains in some areas and save on accommodation if cost is an issue. Or rent a car.

Interrail is the best bet and good value, you can get sleeper trains in some areas and save on accommodation if cost is an issue. Or rent a car.

I might be reading it wrongly but 450 Euros for five days train travel seems expensive?!

Is hitching still done in Europe?

I got a Euro rail ticket that was valid for two weeks and within that two weeks you had six single journeys.

Was alot cheaper that 450 Euros at the time

I might be reading it wrongly but 450 Euros for five days train travel seems expensive?!

Is hitching still done in Europe?

Depends it's £150 day return to Birmingham from London if bought on the day and that's less than an hour. £330 ish for 4 long train rides spread over 10 days doesn't sound too bad f you think it's roughly £80 each one though I guess they are singles.

You could look at booking directly with the train companies individually, might be cheaper but the pass gives you more flexibility timelines wise.

Depends it's £150 day return to Birmingham from London if bought on the day and that's less than an hour. £330 ish for 4 long train rides spread over 10 days doesn't sound too bad f you think it's roughly £80 each one though I guess they are singles.

You could look at booking directly with the train companies individually, might be cheaper but the pass gives you more flexibility timelines wise.

Yeah and trains are easier than flights because train stations are usually central. Thanks for your help PD.

Back